The Garden Grotto General Chat - Page 55

Page 55 of 126 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: The Garden Grotto General Chat

Follow Icy Angel on Tumblr Visit Icy Angel's Youtube Channel

Default Re: The Garden Grotto General Chat

Excuse me, how do I make a new post here, that doesn't reply to any other posts? I'm new...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aquanova View Post
    Im nowhere near Shadow Lugia in XD, havent played it in months. Just snagged Shadow Lunatone myself. Might add it to my team.
    That's a pretty good idea, provided you have a good fire type to back it up. You know, to cover it's weaknesses to grass and ice.
    Pecking order

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by .Crystal View Post
    Excuse me, how do I make a new post here, that doesn't reply to any other posts? I'm new...
    Oh, it's easy! :) there's a comment box at the bottom of the page, just type your comment there.
    Pecking order

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Just type in the quick reply box. You only quote a post if you press "Reply with Quote"

Blog Entries

Are you looking to create a thread? If so, just go to where you'd like to create your thread (for example, Garden Grotto if you'd like to post an thread to introduce yourself) and click "post new thread" button on the top right side. :3 But if you're just looking to make a post in an already-existing thread, just type in the quick reply box on the bottom, as others have said. Welcome to Bulbagarden!
    New Member's Guide to BMGf
    icon by twilightblade

Follow Icy Angel on Tumblr Visit Icy Angel's Youtube Channel

Thanks~

Blog Entries

Burgundy, huh? Nice username! Too bad the English dub made her so annoying...(not her dialogue, just her voice)
    Pecking order

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Popo View Post
    Burgundy, huh? Nice username! Too bad the English dub made her so annoying...(not her dialogue, just her voice)
    Thanks! ^^ I don't really watch the dub but I do adore her in the original version, haha. :3

Speaking of XD, I still really want to play it. Never played that or Colosseum; makes me wish I had a GameCube back then!
    icon by twilightblade

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Burgundy View Post
    Thanks! ^^ I don't really watch the dub but I do adore her in the original version, haha. :3

Speaking of XD, I still really want to play it. Never played that or Colosseum; makes me wish I had a GameCube back then!
    Do you have a Wii? The older ones can play GameCube games.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Burgundy View Post

Do you have a Wii? The older ones can play GameCube games.
    Sadly no. D: But my friend will loan me her Wii soon, so there's always that! Can't wait to finally get a TV in my room and play them~
    icon by twilightblade

Blog Entries

They're bot great games! In colosseum, you start off with espeon and umbreon, and also get to legitimately catch(yes, catch) all three johto starters, albeit not all at once. In XD, you get to start off with an eevee, and choose what to evolve it into. I warn you though, if you play both games all the way through, one after the other, you will be so sick of double battles that it's not even funny.
    Pecking order

Blog Entries

The double battles are kind of annoying. Im not very good at doubles so I have a bit of a hard time with the games, but it's mostly alright.

Blog Entries

The double battles are kind of annoying. Im not very good at doubles so I have a bit of a hard time with the games, but it's mostly alright.
    A strategy that I've found to be effective is a combination of entei and jumpluff. (YES, I SAID JUMPLUFF!) If you want to know the full strategy, I can send it to you via PM.
    Pecking order

Blog Entries

I got through the game alright, thanks anyway. I ended up using all the legendary beasts and they really helped out. Next time, I'd like to try playing through without using them.

Blog Entries

I'll just post it here anyway, so everyone can see it. What you want to do is make sure entei has both sunny day and fire blast. It starts with both of these, so that's convenient. Next, the reason you keep sunny day is because entei benefits both offensively and defensively from sunny day. (sunny weather weakens water moves, and strengthens fire moves.) Entei, however, is weak to ground, rock, and water. Jumpluff, on the other hand, is strong against all three of these. Not only that, but, while losing its resistance to rock, jumpluff becomes completely immune to ground, which is a very common type in Colosseum. here's where the real strategy comes in. Teach jumpluff solar beam. (entei can learn it, but it doesn't get STAB for it.) As you are no-doubt aware, in sunny weather, solar beam no longer has to charge, and that, combined with jumpluff in sunny weather being the fastest pokemon in the main story, (chlorophyll) it will out speed ANYTHING in it's way that would normally be a threat to entei, and it will usually KO in just one shot. Anything that survives, you can just finish it off the next turn with another no-charge solar beam. The moral of all this? NO-ONE MESSES WITH JUMPLUFF! As you can see, this strategy is capable of turning something that is normally terrible, and turning it into a full-on sweeper.
    Last edited by Mr. Popo; 24th January 2013 at 11:35 PM.
    Pecking order