Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Bulbagarden Forum Rules - *New set valid immediately*

LEEDLE LEEDLE LEEE Pirate Queen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Pirate Queen on MySpace
    Add Pirate Queen on Linkedin Follow Pirate Queen on Tumblr

Default Re: Bulbagarden Forum Rules - *New set valid immediately*

Hello! I'm curious as to cursing on here. Can we? Like I'm not saying I'm gonna use the f word five times in a single sentence, just when you feel the need to use it for emphasis. haha, yeah, sorry if I'm not making any sense.
    Thanks in advance! :D

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Queen View Post
    Hello! I'm curious as to cursing on here. Can we? Like I'm not saying I'm gonna use the f word five times in a single sentence, just when you feel the need to use it for emphasis. haha, yeah, sorry if I'm not making any sense.
    Thanks in advance! :D
    Swearing is allowed as long as it isn't excessive or directed at another user(which would count as flaming them)

Blog Entries

Thanks for the quickly reply and alright!
    Oh no, I hope I never feel the need to flame someone! Doubt it'll happen. The again~

smile Enzap's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

Oh no, I hope I never feel the need to flame someone! Doubt it'll happen. The again~
    As a general rule, if you think somebody is breaking the rules or baiting, report them instead of flaming them. If they're just being obnoxious and not actually doing anything illegal, ignore them so you don't get involved and the situation doesn't escalate.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Enzap View Post
    As a general rule, if you think somebody is breaking the rules or baiting, report them instead of flaming them. If they're just being obnoxious and not actually doing anything illegal, ignore them so you don't get involved and the situation doesn't escalate.
    Oh I will! I will report them right away and leave the rest to the mods! ;)

Blog Entries

7. Don't steal other people's fanworks, or their other creations (Plagiarism, 4 points, 2 months)
    -If you post something you didn't create, credit the creator. If you don't know who, make sure to say so.
    I don't try to claim others as mine, but I often forget to give credit or provide a source. I usually just point out if something I posted is mine and provide proof.
    Does this mean I've broken that rule? Also, what about images that have multiple sources? (eg an image shows up on Google 5 times from different websites and uploaders)

Proud claimer of Sylveon, She is a sneaky Magician who
    loves to pounce out of nowhere and Nuzzle me!
    ♡♥♡5 Signatures! Only 499,995 to go!♡♥♡
    US EBAY SELLERS BEWARE!

Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Snugglefox View Post
    7. Don't steal other people's fanworks, or their other creations (Plagiarism, 4 points, 2 months)
    -If you post something you didn't create, credit the creator. If you don't know who, make sure to say so.
    I don't try to claim others as mine, but I often forget to give credit or provide a source. I usually just point out if something I posted is mine and provide proof.
    Does this mean I've broken that rule? Also, what about images that have multiple sources? (eg an image shows up on Google 5 times from different websites and uploaders)
    This is from my experiences. If a mod posts otherwise, definitely listen to them (and tell me so I'll be straight on this too XD). In general, just posting an image doesn't imply that you take credit for it. This applies mostly to sections such as the Art Gallery and the Fiction Fairground, where it's assumed that what you post is your creation unless you source it. If you're just talking in one of the chat threads and want to share an image you found or use a picture or gif to show your reaction to something, that's generally ok. If you're not sure if you need to include a source for an image, you probably should just to be safe.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Snugglefox View Post
    If you are using an image you found its fine as long as you dont claim it is yours if you didnt create it. If you're using an image as an avatar or signature, I suggest giving credit in your signature to be safe.

Registered User Platinum Lucario's Avatar
    Follow Platinum Lucario On Twitter
    Visit Platinum Lucario's Youtube Channel

I'm new to this forum and I'm just curious as to why this forum doesn't allow any discussion of fan-made games. Of course, I don't see anything wrong with the fan-made games, and I don't think anyone else would either. I know forums like PokéCommunity allow fan-made games, such as ROM Hacks and all that, just as long as it's posted in a patch form and not a ROM form. Forums like PokéCommunity doesn't allow ROMs to be linked to or anything, but it does allow patches in which can be used on the ROMs in which you already have.

Yes, those forums allows Emulators as well, since they're actual programs that some developer made and not owned by Nintendo in any way possible, which is also the same for cheating devices such as ActionReplay. I'm also curious if cheating devices such as ActionReplay are not allowed to be discussed here either?

gone.
    Blog Entries

Visit Lord Apex's Youtube Channel

I'm curious to what "baiting" is.
    Is baiting trying to get a negative reaction from another user?

Claims Lightning and Isaac Clarke

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Masta apex View Post
    I'm curious to what "baiting" is.
    Is baiting trying to get a negative reaction from another user?
    Yes, baiting is posting something to get a negative reaction from someone else.

................well hi! SapphireSerperior717's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This might be the stupidest question ever, but are furry's accepted/allowed?

and i'm sorta a grammar nazi, so i'll be careful and not say something like "it's reflection, not reflectin, you idiot" and say something like "actually, it's reflection, not reflectin ^.^" " i don't really know how to nicely correct someone. ._.
    Insert banner of leafeon & glaceon here.
    Love Is Love No Matter Who You Find It In.
    ♂ + ♂ = ♥
    ♀ + ♀ = ♥
    ♀ + ♂ = ♥
    Put this on your signature if you agree.

Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by SapphireSerperior717 View Post
    This might be the stupidest question ever, but are furry's accepted/allowed?

and i'm sorta a grammar nazi, so i'll be careful and not say something like "it's reflection, not reflectin, you idiot" and say something like "actually, it's reflection, not reflectin ^.^" " i don't really know how to nicely correct someone. ._.
    As long as you don't post explicit art and whatnot, I believe you can like whatever you want. I'm not sure what kind of furry community we have here, but I'm sure there are others with similar taste.

Just so you're aware, in general correcting someone for a simple typo like leaving out an "o" isn't going to be taken very kindly by people. As long as something is legible there's no reason to really correct them. So basically there is no way to really "nicely correct someone" if they aren't asking for help with grammar and English. There aren't any rules against correcting people that I'm aware of, but that is a sort of unspoken internet etiquette rule.

How long does it take for a post to be approved by the Mod? And what are the factors that may affect the wait? I'm curious to know so I know what to do and what not to.

The Dimension Witch Dolce's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dolce On Twitter
    Follow Dolce on Tumblr Visit Dolce's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Shadao View Post
    How long does it take for a post to be approved by the Mod? And what are the factors that may affect the wait? I'm curious to know so I know what to do and what not to.
    You should contact a moderator of the section your trying to post in to help you, this way your posts will be approved faster. Because the post approval is actually a glitch that has been preventing posts from showing. So letting us know you need posts approved will speed things along.

Oh and you can contact super mods as well! They have bold names and can approve posts in any section. Hope this helps!
    Shadao likes this.

IGN: Dolce, 3DS FC: 4554-1270-5039
    Entertainment, Inc.Global Trade Station
    "There is no such thing as a coincidence in this world. There is only the inevitable."

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast