BULBAPEDIA: Why Do None Of The Mega Evolutions Have Their Own Menu Sprites?

Thread: Why Do None Of The Mega Evolutions Have Their Own Menu Sprites?

Pokémon Truth Tea Pourer BlackButterfree's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow BlackButterfree On Twitter Add BlackButterfree on Facebook Add BlackButterfree on MySpace
    Follow BlackButterfree on Tumblr Visit BlackButterfree's Youtube Channel

Default Why Do None Of The Mega Evolutions Have Their Own Menu Sprites?

I noticed that Bulbapedia recently upgraded every Pokémon's menu sprite to the much better 6th Gen. ones (yay!) But I've noticed that all of the mega evolutions' menu sprites show up as their regular form's sprite (both Charizard X and Charizard Y look like regular Charizard, etc.) And I think that's sad because the Megas' menu sprites are all really awesome. Why is this?

The only reason I can come up with is that one menu sprite is associated with one Pokémon page, but then other Pokémon with massive amounts of different forms like Vivillon and Unown shake up this theory. So I'd really like to know. And if it's because no one's captured any of the sprites yet, I'm sure I could find someone on YouTube who's used a 3DS capture card and ask them to capture all the sprites on camera for us. I don't have a capture card or I'd do it myself...

Also, when are we getting all of the 6th Gen 3D models added? I'm sure many people have the full Dex and wouldn't mind sharing captures of their collection to be immortalized on Bulbapedia?

The Expressionless Assassin Kogoro's Avatar Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Why Do None Of The Mega Evolutions Have Their Own Menu Sprites?

We currently do not have the menu sprites for Mega Evolved Pokémon, as our source for the other sprites doesn't have them. When we obtain the Mega Evolution menu sprites from a source who offers them freely (or if someone can provide us such a source), they will be uploaded and added to the articles. For now, the normal sprites have to suffice.

Similar is the case for the Pokémon models. We've been on the lookout for a source that offers the models freely, but have yet to have any success.

Pokémon Truth Tea Pourer BlackButterfree's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow BlackButterfree On Twitter Add BlackButterfree on Facebook Add BlackButterfree on MySpace
    Follow BlackButterfree on Tumblr Visit BlackButterfree's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Kogoro View Post
    We currently do not have the menu sprites for Mega Evolved Pokémon, as our source for the other sprites doesn't have them. When we obtain the Mega Evolution menu sprites from a source who offers them freely (or if someone can provide us such a source), they will be uploaded and added to the articles. For now, the normal sprites have to suffice.

Similar is the case for the Pokémon models. We've been on the lookout for a source that offers the models freely, but have yet to have any success.
    Oh, ok. Thank you. I'll see if I can find anyone. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackButterfree View Post
    I noticed that Bulbapedia recently upgraded every Pokémon's menu sprite to the much better 6th Gen. ones (yay!) But I've noticed that all of the mega evolutions' menu sprites show up as their regular form's sprite (both Charizard X and Charizard Y look like regular Charizard, etc.) And I think that's sad because the Megas' menu sprites are all really awesome. Why is this?

The only reason I can come up with is that one menu sprite is associated with one Pokémon page, but then other Pokémon with massive amounts of different forms like Vivillon and Unown shake up this theory. So I'd really like to know. And if it's because no one's captured any of the sprites yet, I'm sure I could find someone on YouTube who's used a 3DS capture card and ask them to capture all the sprites on camera for us. I don't have a capture card or I'd do it myself...

Also, when are we getting all of the 6th Gen 3D models added? I'm sure many people have the full Dex and wouldn't mind sharing captures of their collection to be immortalized on Bulbapedia?
    here try this one
    http://krocf4.deviantart.com/art/Pokemon-X-Y-IconDex-398921766