Warnings

Thread: Warnings

Default Warnings

I greatly appreciate the Bulbapedia and Bulbanews mods; without them, we wouldn't have this amazing source of information. But berating new editors with warnings (and sometimes accusations) for minor things is discouraging.

Sure, I'm being over-sensitive, but I can't possibly be the only one who feels this way. The fact is, many of these rules exist to ensure people will keep adding information to the wikis, but it backfires if new users are intimidated. It also doesn't help that sometimes, like the rest of us, even mods forget to (to use Wikipedia's term) assume good faith.

And again, I'm not blaming the mods for this; I understand that, especially with major new releases, it's important to keep everything running smoothly. But with new games comes a need for more information, and a wiki relies on its editors.

#1 Magnemite fan MAGNEDETH's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Follow MAGNEDETH On Twitter

Default Re: Warnings

Could you please explain where and when you felt intimidated? I'm sure we can work the issue out.

Really, it's not a big deal, it's just that I've had some experiences where mods have been less "inviting," so to speak, than I would have liked. For example, I was one of apparently many accused of having "stolen" information regarding recent releases from other sites. It seemed, the way the notice was written, that the mod in question assumed I had done so intentionally.

And again, I know I'm being over-sensitive; it comes with going on the internet late at night, I suppose. I just felt like I should say something. Thanks for replying.

#1 Magnemite fan MAGNEDETH's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Follow MAGNEDETH On Twitter

Well, I can't really help solve the issue without some better details. If you would prefer, you can send me a Personal Message and we can discuss it in private.