Voice Actor Dispute

Thread: Voice Actor Dispute

Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

Default Voice Actor Dispute

I'm challenging Corey (Movie 1), Fergus (Movie 1), and Skyler (Movie 3) of their listed VAs on the pedia.

I haven't seen the movies in forever, but I'm quite sure Skyler was Michael Sinterniklaas, Fergus Ted Lewis, and Corey Nathan Price.

....hi. ^^;;;
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

Given that the voice cast in the credits of the movie are not listed with their characters, the best we can do is speculation, unless we know from other sources who played what.
    Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.

Blog Entries

I'd also like to file a dispute. I don't think Kayzie Rogers played Ivy. I think Kayzie Rogers played Ivy's assistants.
    By reading this, you have given me temporary control of your mind.

I doubt we'll ever get to the bottom of these mysteries. Just note on the relevant articles that these are speculative and/or list alternatives.

Blog Entries

Mystery? What mystery? Think about the voices Kayzie Rogers has done and then think about the voices of the women on Valencia Island.

Not having watched the vast majority of dubbed episodes, I can neither confirm nor refute your assertion.

Blog Entries

The assistants all sound like Mr. Mime.

∠(>w<) #634 Argy's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Argy On Twitter
    Follow Argy on Tumblr

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Luna & Blues View Post
    I'm challenging Corey (Movie 1), Fergus (Movie 1), and Skyler (Movie 3) of their listed VAs on the pedia.

I haven't seen the movies in forever, but I'm quite sure Skyler was Michael Sinterniklaas, Fergus Ted Lewis, and Corey Nathan Price.

....hi. ^^;;;
    Corey in Movie 1 was played by Ted Lewis, Fergus in Movie 1 was played by a man named Jimmy Zoppi. In movie 3, a guy by the name of Ricardo Tejedo played the role of Skyler.

I got my info for Movie 1 from this page here: http://www.amazon.com/Pokemon-First-Movie-Mewtwo-vs/dp/0790748266

And for Movie 3 I found this Wikipedia Entry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_cast_members

Hopefully this helps and clears confusion.

Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Zhen Lin View Post
    Given that the voice cast in the credits of the movie are not listed with their characters, the best we can do is speculation, unless we know from other sources who played what.
    Credits or no credits, if it sounds like one indefinitely and nothing like who's listed, that's a blatant problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadax View Post
    Hopefully this helps and clears confusion.
    That's what the bulbapedia says too (save Skyler; b'pedia says Ted Lewis).. And I'm pretty sure both are wrong. Hence why I brought up the topic.
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

Bulbapædist Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Luna & Blues View Post

....hi. ^^;;;
    Well, Corey (the guy with the Pidgeot) sounded exactly like Tracey, which is why I said he was Ted Lewis. In addition, Fergus is Gary's clone, which is why he's listed as Jimmy Zoppi.

Nathan Price, who is commonly credited as doing the voices of Chopper, Lt. Surge's henchman, Falkner and Rudy, is believed to be the original voice of Meowth. The guy who did Falkner and the others is believed to be the mysterious Matt Mitler.

On the Crystal Acids forums, of which I'm a member, they actually have it listed in their database that Meowth is Nathan Price. Their proof is a confirmed role of Price's that he did on The Irresponsible Captain Tylor. After hearing the clip, I agreed with them. It sounds very similar to pre-Maddie Meowth.

As for Sinterniklaas playing Skyler, I'm not sure, as I haven't seen the episode. Since Sinterniklaas wasn't credited during the Johto League Champions series, I'm inclined to say it wasn't him. I believe he only started working for 4Kids back in 2003.

Of course, as Zhen said, this is mostly based on speculation.

In regards to Kayzie playing Professor Ivy, I agree with Pie about that. Most of Kayzie's roles tend to sound the same, from what I've heard. If it wasn't Kayzie, then, based on the credits that accompanied the episode, it was either Rachael Lillis, Veronica Taylor, Amy Birnbaum, Jayne Grand, Megan Hollingshead, Tara Jayne, Lisa Ortiz, Annie Pondel, or Cassan Treegill (?!). My best guess would be Rachael. I know for sure it wasn't Jayne Grand or Annie Pondel (their resumes are on their official web sites, neither mention this role). Pretty sure it's not Tara, Lisa, Veronica or Amy. Cassan Treegill I'm not even 100% sure if it's a woman. I'm guessing it's a pseudonym for someone, but I can't imagine who. Could be Mandy Bonhomme, but again, it's just speculation.
    Last edited by PAK Man; 10th May 2007 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Adding my two cents on Kayzie

Default Re: Voice Actor Dispute

If I may butt in...

I believe I may know a few of these.

Joseph Shore, a name never seen outside of Season 2-4, can in all likelihood be attributed to Matthew Mitler, whose roles match this range (and usually appear early enough in a season to warrant a credit) and understandably replaces "Matthew Mitler" just as Ed Paul replaced Ted Lewis.

Alexander J. Rose is only otherwise seen in Record of Lodoss War, but his compelling narrative and his being only credited in Season 2 and Stantler's Little Helpers effectively maps him to Santa Claus. Rose's real name is Rodstein, and his narrative voice has gone by many different names in NY anime dubs. "Philp Bartlett" is not one of them, unfortunately, but it matters not. His deep timbre goes just a bit too far beyond Mewtwo's to warrant a match. The search continues, though Jay Goede remains especially suspicious.

Cassan Treegill, unless I hear otherwise, is someone who I think might be the same as Buddy Woodward. Woodward is credited for Kojiro Sakai from Irresponsible Captain Tylor. The first person I thought of upon hearing this role was Mateo (Scottie Ray as him just never sat right with me), and if Misayo from Sins of the Sisters (Treegill's only other known work) matches Woodward's voices, then there you go.

It surely can't be David Brimmer despite his being active around the end of season 1-start of season 2, or else Treegill would have surely been matched to Brimmer's unmistakable voice.

Frank Freel, then, evolves into Paul Frank.

Regarding Emily Niebo (M02-Season 4), it's tough to really say, but one female VA that I feel is a worthy candidate is Michelle Newman. Her shrillness goes well beyond Jayne's, and as such I believe her to be Skyler and Christopher in Seasons 4 and 5. Perhaps she showed up earlier. Who's to say? Identifying new female VAs usually isn't an issue. More often than not I see you mixing up Amy Birnbaum and Tara Jayne for the umpteenth time.
    Last edited by rosebr14; 24th August 2014 at 06:25 PM.

The Expressionless Assassin Kogoro's Avatar Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Voice Actor Dispute

@rosebr14; This thread is seven years old, and should not be revived. As you have been told countless times on Bulbapedia, we do not play VA information by ear anymore. If you have some legitimate sources, you're welcome to make a new thread regarding your findings.

This thread is closed.