Updating the Pokémon Icons to the X & Y ones

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Updating the Pokémon Icons to the X & Y ones

Post Updating the Pokémon Icons to the X & Y ones

As you may know, currently every single Kalos Pokémon icon is replaced with the "Missingno." one (the question mark). Because of this i think that is time to update all of the icons. I found these couple people who ripped all the current available icons from X & Y, so its half the way done :P

Pokemon XY Menu Icon Sprites by CodeNamePlayer on deviantART

Once the Pokétransporter would be available, all the other sprites could be updated. :D

Sphere Hunter Kogoro's Avatar Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Updating the Pokémon Icons to the X & Y ones

That person notes they obtained sprites from Serebii. We will not use sprites from Serebii under any circumstance.

I really hate copyrights...

The BBL Challenger superbobbobbob3's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I could make some for bulbapedia?

Friend code:0061-0809-4165 trainer name:Hayden Player in the BBL
    Clamer of Dunsparce. "We Dunsparce can fly, but we choose not to for the sake of everyone"

If you have a capture card and has provided proof that you really do, like if someone asks you to nickname a Pokémon, you'd show them? And the gen VI minisprites are protected from recreation so you'd really need the admin cooperation. I would like to see a Pokémon nicknamed SeanWheelr. That should be simple enough. And show me the nicknamed Pokémon on your Photobucket image. If you don't have a photobucket account, sign up for one. If you don't like having a Pokémon on your team with my name, you can change the name back via the name rater AFTER taking the picture. If you can't do this request, it would only make you look suspicious. And I don't want to see any more images deleted for plagiarism.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanWheeler View Post
    If you have a capture card and has provided proof that you really do, like if someone asks you to nickname a Pokémon, you'd show them? And the gen VI minisprites are protected from recreation so you'd really need the admin cooperation. I would like to see a Pokémon nicknamed SeanWheelr. That should be simple enough. And show me the nicknamed Pokémon on your Photobucket image. If you don't have a photobucket account, sign up for one. If you don't like having a Pokémon on your team with my name, you can change the name back via the name rater AFTER taking the picture. If you can't do this request, it would only make you look suspicious. And I don't want to see any more images deleted for plagiarism.
    I don't have a capture card... i won't be able to help then. :/

The BBL Challenger superbobbobbob3's Avatar
    Blog Entries

snapshot_20131219_1.jpghere you go.

what is a capture card, by chance. how I do spiriting is taking an image and then I edit it with paint. I will try to get a photobucket account too
    Last edited by superbobbobbob3; 19th December 2013 at 03:29 PM.

Friend code:0061-0809-4165 trainer name:Hayden Player in the BBL
    Clamer of Dunsparce. "We Dunsparce can fly, but we choose not to for the sake of everyone"

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulweaver On Twitter Add Soulweaver on Facebook Add Soulweaver on Google+
    Follow Soulweaver on Tumblr Visit Soulweaver's Youtube Channel

You simply can't get any acceptable quality sprites from camera imagery*, so if you don't have a capture card/board, just forget about it.

For finding out what those words mean, Google is your friend: Nintendo 3DS Capture Board

*) In theory, with lots of work spent on a single sprite, maybe you could, but there are problems such as any pixel's contrast and brightness being highly just guesswork (since you have no way to get the exact value) which really make it pointless to try when someone with one of those capture cards/boards to take accurate screencaps is bound to appear eventually (in fact, there was already that one guy who got the trainer VS art, maybe someone should poke him).
    Last edited by Soulweaver; 19th December 2013 at 07:04 PM. Reason: rewording of the latter half of the last paragraph

Former staff member · X Pokédex status (incl. foreign dexes) · Bank Living Dex status · 3DS FC: 4699 6589 8963

Quote Originally Posted by superbobbobbob3 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snapshot_20131219_1.JPG 
Views:	234 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	92175here you go.

what is a capture card, by chance. how I do spiriting is taking an image and then I edit it with paint. I will try to get a photobucket account too
    A capture card is apparently some tool that you connect a console to a computer. The are used for high quality game images and videos. You can't really get a good quality from a camera. You might as well order one if you have enough money.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulweaver View Post
    You simply can't get any acceptable quality sprites from camera imagery*, so if you don't have a capture card/board, just forget about it.

For finding out what those words mean, Google is your friend: Nintendo 3DS Capture Board

*) In theory, with lots of work spent on a single sprite, maybe you could, but there are problems such as any pixel's contrast and brightness being highly just guesswork (since you have no way to get the exact value) which really make it pointless to try when someone with one of those capture cards/boards to take accurate screencaps is bound to appear eventually (in fact, there was already that one guy who got the trainer VS art, maybe someone should poke him).
    I have asked Gaspershut before. Apparently the menusprites were too small and hard for him.

Um, I have an idea.

You can post images on Miiverse, which recently became available on 3DS. You can post pictures there. Couldn't we use that? (Although it would be difficult...I suppose the best way would be to start up a box discussion, since they are strict on that sort of thing. It couldn't just be "Hey these images are for Bulbapedia!") I'm thinking thise could be a nice way for people without a compatible 3DS and/or who are scared to install a capture card. Okay, I have both problems.

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulweaver On Twitter Add Soulweaver on Facebook Add Soulweaver on Google+

Last time I checked, you can't post screenshots to Miiverse from Pokémon X or Y, and screens posted from 3DS to Miiverse from other games seem to be in the lossy JPG format so they're somewhat unfit for this anyway.

But there's actually another option: a sprite extraction project is under way on Smogon (they are doing it from scratch) and they aren't going to restrict the usage of those sprites, so using those could be a possibility if there are no other restricting factors.

Former staff member · X Pokédex status (incl. foreign dexes) · Bank Living Dex status · 3DS FC: 4699 6589 8963

Blog Entries

Yeah, they seem to be free to use, and they appear to be free from that annoying dex dot overlay as well.

However, according to the latest post in that thread, they are not interested in all Unown and Deerling forms (they did capture all Vivillon, Basculin and Flabebe ones, but didn't continue with the latter's evolutions, at least not yet). I didn't find East Sea Shellos and Gastrodon on their list either. If no one there captures any more aesthetic forms, will that be an issue for Bulbapedia?

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate

Blog Entries

Looks like that; it's very unfortunate for them to stop midway through. I'm in no position to make any decisions but as long as old images were marked some way or another, I wouldn't see having most of Unown being old sprites alongside with new sprites being too much of a problem; Gen VI missing formes could be substituted with the available sprites where necessary. I believe the main sprite (File:XXX.png) images were in a somewhat long, similar transition phase between generations at the advent of Gen V as well.
    Last edited by Soulweaver; 1st January 2014 at 08:42 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    However, according to the latest post in that thread, they are not interested in all Unown and Deerling forms (they did capture all Vivillon, Basculin and Flabebe ones, but didn't continue with the latter's evolutions, at least not yet). I didn't find East Sea Shellos and Gastrodon on their list either. If no one there captures any more aesthetic forms, will that be an issue for Bulbapedia?
    All you really need to do is find someone(s) who can do like Layell was doing towards the end of that thread and post battle videos with those other forms, and hope one of the people there with a capture card is at least willing to capture those videos (and maybe Layell would still edit the individual sprites, and want to add them to Smogon's pack). Of course, the sooner someone can post such links there the better, or those capture card people may forget about the thread.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast