Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Sphere Hunter Kogoro's Avatar Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Quote Originally Posted by s2daam View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kogoro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by s2daam View Post
    I've not been here for a few days, but why is all the artwork being made square? I don't see how I missed it happening haha!
    To make the Pokémon artwork more compatible with future templates.
    I had a feeling that was the reason but just wanted to fufill my curiosity haha!

Does all the old RBY/GS artwork want making square also? Just want to be sure before I start.
    Work has already started on the old artwork, though they're not a high priority. Current artwork was the main focus, since they're the ones that desperately needed the compatibility update before the release of XY.

Follow Gabo 2oo On Twitter
    Follow Gabo 2oo on Tumblr Visit Gabo 2oo's Youtube Channel

Excuse me if I'm asking this in the wrong place, but is there any date or approximation to when will the Archives be available for editing and uploading again?
    It doesn't matter if you aren't going to reach the goal, as long as you're still happy doing the trajectory.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gabo 2oo View Post
    Excuse me if I'm asking this in the wrong place, but is there any date or approximation to when will the Archives be available for editing and uploading again?
    I hope to have the Archives open for regular business this week, and we're currently working out some final details in order to have this done as quickly as possible.

I had a battle at Psychic Inverse House, going up against a level 65 Marowak, level 65 Altaria and level 65 Gourgeist.
    I'm not sure if you're still updating that page or not, haha. :3

Canadian Sweetheart Pokemaster97's Avatar Bulbanews WriterArchives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Visit Pokemaster97's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Time over Time View Post
    I had a battle at Psychic Inverse House, going up against a level 65 Marowak, level 65 Altaria and level 65 Gourgeist.
    I'm not sure if you're still updating that page or not, haha. :3
    Thanks for the info! I'll see to it that the article in question gets updated. However, for future reference, Bulbapedia related topics should be posted in the "BULBAPEDIA: Suggestions, ideas, and problems" thread, as this is the one for Archive related problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaster97 View Post
    Thanks for the info! I'll see to it that the article in question gets updated. However, for future reference, Bulbapedia related topics should be posted in the "BULBAPEDIA: Suggestions, ideas, and problems" thread, as this is the one for Archive related problems.
    I am so sorry, I was finding it a little difficult to navigate! ^^;
    Thank you, I'll definitely make sure to do that next time.

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulweaver On Twitter Add Soulweaver on Facebook Add Soulweaver on Google+
    Follow Soulweaver on Tumblr Visit Soulweaver's Youtube Channel

All newly uploaded images starting from about two hours ago from now (starting with this upload) fail to show any image in either Archives or Bulbapedia, with this in place of the thumbnails:
    Error creating thumbnail: convert: no decode delegate for this image format `/tmp/magick-(random letters and numbers)' @ error/constitute.c/ReadImage/532.
    convert: missing an image filename `/tmp/transform_(random hexadecimal hash)-1.jpg' @ error/convert.c/ConvertImageCommand/3011.
    Is this normal and will it go away or do those images need to be reuploaded later?
    Last edited by Soulweaver; 1st February 2014 at 04:41 PM.

Former staff member · X Pokédex status (incl. foreign dexes) · Bank Living Dex status · 3DS FC: 4699 6589 8963

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Soulweaver View Post
    All newly uploaded images starting from about two hours ago from now (starting with this upload) fail to show any image in either Archives or Bulbapedia, with this in place of the thumbnails:
    Error creating thumbnail: convert: no decode delegate for this image format `/tmp/magick-(random letters and numbers)' @ error/constitute.c/ReadImage/532.
    convert: missing an image filename `/tmp/transform_(random hexadecimal hash)-1.jpg' @ error/convert.c/ConvertImageCommand/3011.
    Is this normal and will it go away or do those images need to be reuploaded later?
    This is not a normal problem and requires some rather major upgrades to remedy, so the Archives are currently locked. The broken images will need to be re-uploaded when the Archives are re-open.

PURPLE HERMIT! Chosen of Mana's Avatar Archives Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Chosen of Mana On Twitter

I don't suppose the broken thumbnails of existing images is part of that problem too? All images that had to be re-sized on Rhyhorn's page are resulting in errors for me, but not on Rhydon's page.

Big claimin'
    Cresselia (Pokémon)
    Colette Brunel [Tales of Symphonia] and Yuri Lowell [Tales of Vesperia] (Video game characters)

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulweaver On Twitter Add Soulweaver on Facebook Add Soulweaver on Google+
    Follow Soulweaver on Tumblr Visit Soulweaver's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Chosen of Mana View Post
    I don't suppose the broken thumbnails of existing images is part of that problem too? All images that had to be re-sized on Rhyhorn's page are resulting in errors for me, but not on Rhydon's page.
    Both of those pages displayed errors for me, but they went away by using the purge link. Hmm.

Seeing that the site notice was reverted at Archives, I assume it's safe to try to reupload the images now?

Former staff member · X Pokédex status (incl. foreign dexes) · Bank Living Dex status · 3DS FC: 4699 6589 8963

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chosen of Mana View Post
    Yes, the broken thumbnails was part of the issue that was addressed. If you use the purge link on any page with broken thumbnails that shouldn't be broken, the images will fix themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulweaver View Post
    Seeing that the site notice was reverted at Archives, I assume it's safe to try to reupload the images now?
    Correct.
    Soulweaver likes this.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819