ARCHIVES: Suggestions, ideas, and problems - Page 18

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Follow exosilver on Tumblr

Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Quote Originally Posted by exosilver View Post
    Hey all,

Can anyone explain to me why I can't overwrite this picture? I'm trying to replace Japanese TCG images with English ones, and I was able to do it with other images, but not for Zebstrika (Black and White 43).

Tried it, still isn't letting me.

Fish fingers and custard Werdnae's Avatar Former Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

The one it let you, you had previously uploaded as a separate file which got merged into the existing one by @Maverick Nate; Because you uploaded it, it lets you replace it with a new image (called reuploading by the software). Because you didn't upload the Zebstrika card image, the software won't let you replace it until you become autoconfirmed. This requires a few uploads and a short time delay, and is to prevent spammers or vandals from replacing existing images with something inappropriate.
    Thanks Jo The Marten for the avatar.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
    Night will fall and drown the sun,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Friendship dies and true love lies,
    night will fall and the dark will rise,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Demons run, but count the cost.
    The battle's won, but the child is lost.

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by s2daam View Post
    Ok, so I'm really thinking we (or whoever can) should do a major rearrangement of the movie assets on the archives. The movie posters are scattered at different names, and there is little cohesion between all the images like posters, DVDs, logos

Movie DVDs
    File:M?? DVD JP.png
    File:M?? DVD US.png
    File:M?? DVD AUS.png

Movie Posters
    File:M?? teaser poster.png
    File:M?? poster JP.png
    File:M?? poster EN.png
    File:M?? poster KOR.png
    File:M?? poster CHI.png

Movie Logos
    File:M?? teaser logo.png
    File:M?? logo JP.png
    File:M?? logo EN.png

Pikachu the Movie Posters and the Pikachu the Movie movie logos
    File:Pikachu the Movie ?? poster.png
    File:Pikachu the Movie M??.png

Even the characters could do with a rearrangement. But obviously it would be a big task. Changing links, plus the fact that some of the files are on Bulbanews protected articles. Maybe it's just my OCD but I do think it should be done. While it's up to whoever if they wanted to do it, it would probably be easier to do it before X and Y are released, since there will be lots to do after.
    I've noticed this too, and I think fixing the titles of the movie posters and logos would be a good idea. However, I would also suggest adding EN/JP/etc. to the end of the teaser posters/titles as well (although they will probably only be Japanese).

The only other one that would be difficult to do would be M14 due to being two movies.

PURPLE HERMIT! Chosen of Mana's Avatar Archives Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Chosen of Mana On Twitter

Are there any tutorials on how to remove the watermarks from anime screencaps? I'd be happy to upload some if I knew how to get past this problem.

Big claimin'
    Cresselia (Pokémon)
    Colette Brunel [Tales of Symphonia] and Yuri Lowell [Tales of Vesperia] (Video game characters)

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Chosen of Mana View Post
    Are there any tutorials on how to remove the watermarks from anime screencaps? I'd be happy to upload some if I knew how to get past this problem.
    Watermarks are designed to be difficult to remove. Typically you just take the screenshot again.

Reposting from another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Aviator Zero View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IceBeam View Post
    I knew about the animated pngs, I meant that the pages for 5th gen sprites like this and 4th gen backsprites like this doesn't have the Barry template for some reason.
    I see. I'll go ahead and put Barry on those pages. If there are any others, please list them.
    So I don't think any of the Gen IV or V back sprites have the {{animated}} template (except for the D/P Duskull I just did), so that's 1142 image files (1-473 in Gen IV and 1-649 in Gen V) I don't plan to tackle.
    As for front sprites, not too many are animated png's. That's another 1142 image files needing review.

So I just did the two you requested, Gen IV Duskull back and Gen V Duskull front.
    Does this page needs to be update with those information? Which site does we get the 5th gen sprites, Pokecheck or Armaina? Can a bot convert all the animated sprites from GIF format to PNG format and replace all the unanimated sprites?

List of things need to be added:

- animated Gen 3 backsprites and shiny?
    - animated Gen 4 backsprites and shiny
    - animated Gen 5 frontsprites, backsprites and shiny (Have a difference between BW and BW2)
    Last edited by Tornado; 11th March 2013 at 04:31 AM.

Blog Entries

Follow Herbizarre on Tumblr Visit Herbizarre's Youtube Channel

On this page, the french name of this Ampharos is missing : Amphy - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

In french, it is named "Phary", from its french name "Pharamp" or "Phare", meaning lighthouse.
    I support : BiologyShipping, GodzillaShipping, GreatRocketShipping, RebelShipping, TransceiverShipping, Fox X Krystal, Leon S. Kennedy X Ada Wong, Leon X Lucy Liberty, FalSam, LGMShipping and Escavalier x Lilligant. This signature image is the perfect place to name all the ships I support without wasting space on the signature, mwa ha ha !
    Click here to view a fanfic of my crossover OTP : Beastman (F-Zero) and Mars (Pokémon).

Boulder Trainer Mikuri's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Herbizarre View Post
    On this page, the french name of this Ampharos is missing : Amphy - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

In french, it is named "Phary", from its french name "Pharamp" or "Phare", meaning lighthouse.
    It was added. Thank you! One thing, this suggestion should have been posted in this thread.

Blog Entries

Follow Herbizarre on Tumblr Visit Herbizarre's Youtube Channel

Woops ! I'll remember that for next time x)
    I support : BiologyShipping, GodzillaShipping, GreatRocketShipping, RebelShipping, TransceiverShipping, Fox X Krystal, Leon S. Kennedy X Ada Wong, Leon X Lucy Liberty, FalSam, LGMShipping and Escavalier x Lilligant. This signature image is the perfect place to name all the ships I support without wasting space on the signature, mwa ha ha !
    Click here to view a fanfic of my crossover OTP : Beastman (F-Zero) and Mars (Pokémon).

PURPLE HERMIT! Chosen of Mana's Avatar Archives Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Chosen of Mana On Twitter

Are there any plans to use the Gen I and Gen II menu sprites? I found a series of Japanese blogs that detail which Pokémon correspond to each menu sprite.

つれづれな日 手持ちアイコン調査 初代編
    つれづれな日 手持ちアイコン調査 金銀クリスタル編 -前-
    つれづれな日 手持ちアイコン調査 金銀クリスタル編 -後-

If we can confirm the accuracy of these blogs, we could possibly revamp the menu sprites to resemble a format similar to the footprint sprites.

Big claimin'
    Cresselia (Pokémon)
    Colette Brunel [Tales of Symphonia] and Yuri Lowell [Tales of Vesperia] (Video game characters)

Blog Entries

So...
    1)Silcoon and Dustox don't have a notifier when they are available in Bug-Catching Contest in their own pages(it's Thursday). They also state their encounter rate is unknown even though it is present in the Bug-Catching Contest page.
    2)The total encounter rate in Route 222 for Pearl is %120. This error was also present on Serebii but it is fixed now.
    3)A lot of movesets need to be checked for errors and some of the forgotten moves from the TCG, manga and animé they can't learn legally. One of these on my head is Mr. Mime having Dig in its Gen III learnset(though I haven't checked it myself in a cartridge, it is not mentioned in other websites' dexes and the Dig's own page) and Trapinch using Bind in EX Dragon 79 not being mentioned by the TCG errors or the Trapinch's page.
    4)Azumarill's page states that it can be found in both rustling grass and rippling water in Abundant Shrine. This is only true for White 2 according to Abundant Shrine's page, as Audino has an increased encounter rate in Black 2 instead.
    5)A lot of Pokémon that appear through phenomenons have very inconsistent mentions in their game locations. Some just say they are rare and some say they can be found in rippling water without mentioning it is through surfing or fishing and so on.
    6)A lot of Pokémon that can learn Defog don't have DPPt notifier in their Gen IV learnsets, such as Fearow.
    7)It seems that there are inaccuracies in the Dual-slot page, for example in Route 205 it states that Seedot appears in Platinum instead of Lotad in Diamond/Pearl, but Lotad is mentioned for Route 205 for all of the D/P/Pt and Seedot is mentioned for neither.
    8)Though version exclusives page mention wild exclusives for B/W/B2/W2, the other games' wild exclusives such as Banette/Dusclops are not noted for.
    9)Matutinal, nocturnal and diurnal Pokémon pages are already described as stubs, but they really need a major cleanup, especially a distinction between Pokémon that are only active in a specific time of day and the ones that are also active in another time of day, as oppossed to having this confusing set-up that features Pokémon that are active in one time only and the ones that are active in two different periods in the same section.
    10)Metronome's page states that Jigglypuff and Wigglytuff can learn Metronome even though other websites dexes and their own page state the opposite, but again I haven't checked this in the games.
    11)Hidden grotto page and routes that contain them just use Rare, Uncommon etc. instead of proper percantages. Event-only encounters such as the Eeveelutions and the new pack of Pokémon that contain Dragonair, Magneton etc. are not noted for either. Is there a specific reason why this is the case?
    12)List of Pokémon with unique type combinations don't have options to order the list according to dex number, types etc. It is completely static.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellwarden View Post
    So....everyone is happy that a "Deux Ex Machina" is being taken down with another Deux Ex Machina....
    Quote Originally Posted by Iteru
    You know, it would be hilarious if Harley did get a sex change and became Langley.
    Youtube account, DA account, SerebiiForums account, Tinypic account, Imageshack account, Photobucket account,Smogon account, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Sphere Hunter Kogoro's Avatar Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

@Trainer Yusuf; This is the Archives suggestions/ideas/problems thread, you want the Bulbapedia thread.

I've not been here for a few days, but why is all the artwork being made square? I don't see how I missed it happening haha!
    Last edited by s2daam; 24th August 2013 at 06:21 PM.
    WELCOME TO KALOS!

GET READY TO START A BRAND NEW ADVENTURE IN THE POKÉMON WORLD!

Sphere Hunter Kogoro's Avatar Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

I've not been here for a few days, but why is all the artwork being made square? I don't see how I missed it happening haha!
    To make the Pokémon artwork more compatible with future templates.

Quote Originally Posted by Kogoro View Post
    To make the Pokémon artwork more compatible with future templates.
    I had a feeling that was the reason but just wanted to fufill my curiosity haha!

Does all the old RBY/GS artwork want making square also? Just want to be sure before I start.
    WELCOME TO KALOS!

GET READY TO START A BRAND NEW ADVENTURE IN THE POKÉMON WORLD!

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast