ARCHIVES: Suggestions, ideas, and problems - Page 14

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

#1 Magnemite fan MAGNEDETH's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Follow MAGNEDETH On Twitter

Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

i wonder what @Maverick Nate would say about this...

Moderator Maverick Nate's Avatar Bulbanews Senior WriterBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator

Quote Originally Posted by kirbyking View Post
    Hello all I just wanted to clarify something for all the TCG sections on bulbapedia. For all of the new foil cards please use the official terms... It isn't "pinstripe foil" it's actually called tinsel foil. The foil with all of the little triangles on it is called cracked ice.
    I am fully aware that the Shatter foil was confirmed to be "Cracked Ice". However, can you provide a source for the "Tinsel foil"? I do want to change them eventually, but it currently isn't a priority. There are bigger, impending problems with the TCG right now that need fixed before we tackle this large editing project. (I'd also like to personally get official names for the 2 other main holofoils-Star foil used from Base to Team Rocket, and Galaxy used from Base Set 2-Call of Legends+some BW promos-as well as the reverse foils before we start going around editing every Card page for the fifth time...I'm still not even done with time 4).

If you haven't noticed this as well, we still refer to them as Holographic instead of Holofoil. It is just that there have been more important issues facing the TCG that need dealt with first. This is just a mislabel. We need to fix the things that are downright wrong first.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick Nate View Post
    I am fully aware that the Shatter foil was confirmed to be "Cracked Ice". However, can you provide a source for the "Tinsel foil"? I do want to change them eventually, but it currently isn't a priority. There are bigger, impending problems with the TCG right now that need fixed before we tackle this large editing project. (I'd also like to personally get official names for the 2 other main holofoils-Star foil used from Base to Team Rocket, and Galaxy used from Base Set 2-Call of Legends+some BW promos-as well as the reverse foils before we start going around editing every Card page for the fifth time...I'm still not even done with time 4).

If you haven't noticed this as well, we still refer to them as Holographic instead of Holofoil. It is just that there have been more important issues facing the TCG that need dealt with first. This is just a mislabel. We need to fix the things that are downright wrong first.
    I'm getting tinsel off of the TCG Online site. If you turn off foil effects and merge all similar cards together when you click on something like Emboar from B&W it shows on the side all of the different versions of the card with logos. When you hover over the logo it gives you the name of the foil. The N button is simply for Non-Foil, the button with a square gradient inside is for Reverse Foil, the button with all the triangles in it is labeled as cracked ice, and the one with all the stripes is tinsel.

Unfortunately I'm not sure if I can help you with the original foil name... However I believe the one you referred to as Galaxy is actually not to far off. The TCG Online refers to that foil as Cosmos. Also, if you want to point me in the right direction I would be more than happy to help revamp the TCG sections. Also I'm pretty sure the original "Star" foil you referred to is just, because it's the original, called simply Holofoil. Oh and I forgot, there aren't different names for the reverse foils. It's just simply reverse foil.

Registered User vuvuzela2010's Avatar Archives Junior

Our set of Crystal sprites are currently in gif format, while most other animated images are png. Will they eventually be replaced with png versions? I've got a folder with png versions of our gifs, but its revealed that a number of our gifs have the wrong first frame, as seen by this drunk looking Slowking, (you'll need to view this on IE to see what I mean)

Attachment 62357
    Attached Images Attached Images  

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Chrome doesn't animate it either. I believe that we have considered uploading them as APNGs before, but have never had them as such and not seen it as necessary. I think that if we have the APNGs and a foolish slave somebody who wants to do it, then we should replace them.

G50
    Night Owl G50's Avatar Bulbanews Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

There is an oddity that occurs every now and then with redirects and uploads. I don't know if it's my browser doing it or something else. (I'm just using a random example for this) -

File:Spr b 4p 088.png

Redirect page

File:Spr b 4d 088.png

Normally after a redirect is saved, it looks like this ^

Sometimes however, after saving it looks like this -

File:Spr b 4p 088 .png

No file by this name exists, but you can upload it.

File usage

There are no pages that link to this file.

------

The same thing happens sometimes with image uploads, and clearing cookies/cache doesn't fix it.

Fish fingers and custard Werdnae's Avatar Former Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Bit late, but I'm guessing it's just a caching issue. Not sure whether it's browserside or serverside.
    Thanks Jo The Marten for the avatar.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
    Night will fall and drown the sun,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Friendship dies and true love lies,
    night will fall and the dark will rise,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Demons run, but count the cost.
    The battle's won, but the child is lost.

A trainer named Hunter

So, lockout, huh? Guess I should have remembered. Can't blame you guys, of course. Leaves me in a predicament, though.

I'm not exactly certain about how to ask this normally and this looks like the best place for it but is there any chance any of the staff can upload this image? It's a 5th gen game animation (Drill Run) that I... apparently completely forgot about! I'd do it myself but... yeah. And I've been pretty preoccupied lately so chances are I'd completely forget by the time the lockout lifts.

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Hunter View Post
    So, lockout, huh? Guess I should have remembered. Can't blame you guys, of course. Leaves me in a predicament, though.

I'm not exactly certain about how to ask this normally and this looks like the best place for it but is there any chance any of the staff can upload this image? It's a 5th gen game animation (Drill Run) that I... apparently completely forgot about! I'd do it myself but... yeah. And I've been pretty preoccupied lately so chances are I'd completely forget by the time the lockout lifts.
    Uploaded and added to the page

Seigaiha Gym - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia
    How can Marlon give TM55 in the original Black and White when he's not in those games?

Canadian Sweetheart Pokemaster97's Avatar Bulbanews WriterArchives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Visit Pokemaster97's Youtube Channel

It was a mistake, I've corrected it. Also for future reference, questions like these should go in the Bulbapedia issues thread. This one is for topics concerning the Archives.

Thanks. Would've fixed it myself if the wiki wasn't locked. :)

I'm pleased that Bulbapedia has been unlocked, but is there any timeframe on when the Archives will be unlocked?

Sphere Hunter Kogoro's Avatar Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

There is no set date at this time. If an upload is extremely important, please inform an active staff member (via forums PM or Bulbapedia talk pages) and we'll do what we can to assist.

I would like to upload all the Gym Leader, Champion and Trainer Sprites in Animated PNG images from Black 2....

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast