Page 97 of 170 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 2536
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Fish fingers and custard Werdnae's Avatar Former Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyRiolu View Post
    I know for a fact that the http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Thunderbolt_(move) link has not worked for me in about a week. I know it's not my computer cause I've gone to about 3 others and it still says, "This Webpage is Not Available." Anyway to fix it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Politoed666 View Post
    What the fuck? Yeah, I was like "it's definitely the kid's computer." Then I tried it, and sure enough... won't load. On FireFox or Explorer. Weird.

Deth, or somebody else with technical powers? Any idea what on earth is wrong with "Thunderbolt?" It's the only page affected, apparently... everything else is working fine. WTF? xD
    I believe it's an issue with the size of the move pages, compounded by the slowdown that BW seems to be causing. Moves like Sunny Day, which are learnt by many Pokemon, have been having similar issues for a little longer. We're working on a solution involving making the move pages more compact. We don't yet have a working example, but we're getting close. Keep an eye on the RC and you may be able to spot early prototypes.

With a bit of luck, it'll improve loading times for all move pages as well.
    Thanks Jo The Marten for the avatar.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
    Night will fall and drown the sun,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Friendship dies and true love lies,
    night will fall and the dark will rise,
    Demons run, but count the cost.
    The battle's won, but the child is lost.

#winning Politoed666's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Werdnae View Post
    I believe it's an issue with the size of the move pages, compounded by the slowdown that BW seems to be causing. Moves like Sunny Day, which are learnt by many Pokemon, have been having similar issues for a little longer. We're working on a solution involving making the move pages more compact. We don't yet have a working example, but we're getting close. Keep an eye on the RC and you may be able to spot early prototypes.

At the moment, Sunny Day doesn't seem to be having a problem. Thunderbolt, however, still is.

Registered User vuvuzela2010's Avatar Archives Junior

On each episode's Bulbapedia page, under the Debuts section, there are currently Human debuts and Pokemon debuts, but should there also be Move debuts? Since there is usualy a new move seen in most episodes, it should be noted somewhere other than the Trivia section.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Werdnae View Post

I manually pieced together the url for the edit page for the article and it's only 48 kb. We have plenty of larger articles that load without any issues.

Take It Easy, Chicken Virtual-Z's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vuvuzela2010 View Post
    On each episode's Bulbapedia page, under the Debuts section, there are currently Human debuts and Pokemon debuts, but should there also be Move debuts? Since there is usualy a new move seen in most episodes, it should be noted somewhere other than the Trivia section.
    I agree with this.

Fish fingers and custard Werdnae's Avatar Former Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Transfinite View Post
    I manually pieced together the url for the edit page for the article and it's only 48 kb. We have plenty of larger articles that load without any issues.
    However there is a lot of code hidden behind templates which still must be loaded when the page is viewed. I will note though, that this "the page is too big" is just an educated guess, based on the fact that it only started happening once the Gen V lists were added to the articles. Before the BW lockdown, it was manifesting as a fatal error when certain move pages (This is where the Sunny Day mention came from) were edited. I'm assuming it's the same issue.
    Thanks Jo The Marten for the avatar.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
    Night will fall and drown the sun,
    Friendship dies and true love lies,
    night will fall and the dark will rise,
    Demons run, but count the cost.
    The battle's won, but the child is lost.

Still learning. ikarishipper900's Avatar

I had another idea and I'm a little sorry for this because implementation would be time-consuming..... But could we put some kind of sources on the pages? There's been more than one time where I've been like WHAT WHERE DID THIS COME FROM. and I think saying where the information came from gives it a more professional air. Just a thought.

Oh, and I third the move debut thing.

Can I get an encore? evkl's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ikarishipper900 View Post
    I had another idea and I'm a little sorry for this because implementation would be time-consuming..... But could we put some kind of sources on the pages? There's been more than one time where I've been like WHAT WHERE DID THIS COME FROM. and I think saying where the information came from gives it a more professional air. Just a thought.

Oh, and I third the move debut thing.
    Isn't it implied that almost all sources are primary? Sources for game info are...the games. Sources for anime info is the anime, etc.
    "And we're not gods, we're just hacks."

blog | twitter | Bulbagraphic

Blog Entries

Actually it's 49,206 bytes long, it rounds to the nearest figure it can find, I guess...

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by vuvuzela2010 View Post
    I think this may be a good idea. But we also list all the Pokémon and humans who appeared in each episode, so do we then list each move that appeared in each episode too? I would prefer that that didn't happen.

Still learning. ikarishipper900's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by evkl View Post
    Isn't it implied that almost all sources are primary? Sources for game info are...the games. Sources for anime info is the anime, etc.
    I can think of a few things that didn't come fromthe game or anime. Alder not knowing how to use the PC system. Brendan's white thing is a hat, not hair. If I remember correctly, those were from a magazine or guidebook and Sugimori's Formspring? (I don't remember.) I agree it would be necessary for stuff in game/anime/manga but it'd be nice to say something for the weird stuff like that. I just wasn't sure how long it would take....

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxMonster View Post
    I think this may be a good idea. But we also list all the Pokémon and humans who appeared in each episode, so do we then list each move that appeared in each episode too? I would prefer that that didn't happen.
    I was under the impression he meant when a move debuts - shows up for the first time ever in the anime - rather than list every move used.
    Last edited by ikarishipper900; 29th April 2011 at 09:56 PM. Reason: I forgot something I wanted to say. My apologies.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ikarishipper900 View Post
    Alder not knowing how to use the PC system.
    Where does it say that? I'm on Alder's article right now and it doesn't say that anywhere.

Brendan's white thing is a hat, not hair.
    Sugimori shouldn't have even had to say so. Look at his sprite. It's blatant.

Yes, that's really my neck The dark lord trombonator's Avatar Former Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief

Things stated in secondary sources should have the source attached, with a link if the source is available online.
    The dark lord trombonator (trom)
    Former Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief, Bulbapedia Deputy Editor-in-Chief, and Archives Advisor

Now blogging as 'idiosyncriticnz' at wordpress.com

Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

Where does it say that? I'm on Alder's article right now and it doesn't say that anywhere.
    It's hidden until a source can be brought to light.
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

Hey, I have a suggestion... I don't know if this has been brought up already, but would it be possible to include Dream World locations under the Game locations section of each Pokémon article? We have a field for Pokéwalker locations, so I don't see why we can't do the same for the Dream World. Plus, I think it would be convenient if someone wants to know where to find a Pokémon in the Dream World -- currently I have to go to all three Dream World location articles and using Ctrl+F to find where a given Pokémon is. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to know where to find Dream World Pokémon.

It's just a suggestion, though...