BULBAPEDIA: Suggestions, ideas, and problems - Page 95

Page 95 of 170 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 2536
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Canadian Sweetheart Pokemaster97's Avatar Bulbanews WriterArchives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Visit Pokemaster97's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefboz View Post
    I agree completely. The games are now, what, 35 days old? Black and White may be popular and awesome and epic and all, and there may be plenty of pages the staff missed, but you can't blame the games for the lockdown. Not anymore. Not after five-and-a-bit weeks of their existence in the US and EU. Ten days or two weeks is OK, but not anything more than that. I will mention that in September there was an 11 day lockdown due to the Japanese versions—and that was it. 37 days—which is what we're at now—is a looooooong time.

For the record, here's what it says when you try to edit it and you aren't staff:
    For the record the september lockdown was for HeartGold and Soulsilver a REMAKE. New pokemon didn't have to be added, Japanese names did not have to be translated, New Route articles didn't have to be made and translated. Black and white were a NEW region where all japanese text had to be translated. That is why it is still lock. I rather have a clean smooth site than the glitchy one back on march 13. And I remember because I had to re-edit 3 times before it worked. So be pacient like the rest of us please.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MAGNEDETH View Post
    you guys can speculate all you want, but as we have stated, WE DONT LIKE HAVING THE SITE LOCKED! however, even though the servers still arent ready, look for it to be unlocked in the next day or so.
    YEEEESSSSSSSS!!! THANK YOU MAGNEDETH!!!
    And I knew you admins hate having it locked - you've said it in at least twenty other places. I can speak for everyone and say we all hate having it locked. So thank you.
    This message was written by none other than me, chiefboz.
    Bored? Check out my blog or bug me on Bulbapedia! I take PMs and VMs, too. And American Express.

#1 Magnemite fan MAGNEDETH's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Follow MAGNEDETH On Twitter

WE ARE OPEN. fair warning, with load levels still quite high, dont expect a seamless experience, as much as i hate to say it.
    Last edited by MAGNEDETH; 11th April 2011 at 04:29 PM.

Blog Entries

WE ARE OPEN. fair warning, with load levels still quite high, dont expect a seamless experience, as much as i hate to say it.
    AUGGHHH!!! BRACE FOR (Server) IMPACT!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaster97 View Post
    For the record the september lockdown was for HeartGold and Soulsilver a REMAKE. New pokemon didn't have to be added, Japanese names did not have to be translated, New Route articles didn't have to be made and translated. Black and white were a NEW region where all japanese text had to be translated. That is why it is still lock. I rather have a clean smooth site than the glitchy one back on march 13. And I remember because I had to re-edit 3 times before it worked. So be pacient like the rest of us please.
    Black and White actually were released in September — in Japan. They came to the rest of the world in March. Read the article - it's in the infobox.

Believe it or not, though, the editors including non-staff actually added the stuff before this lockdown. This lock isn't to add BW information - I've been watching the RC page like a hawk - it's to keep the servers from crashing.

Now I know someone's gonna ask me why I complained in the first place, so here's why: it seems a while since the community has been able to edit the wiki. Also I am a very impatient person and having to wait 38 days is rather difficult for me to accomplish.

WE ARE OPEN.
    And in response to that... YAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!!
    This message was written by none other than me, chiefboz.
    Bored? Check out my blog or bug me on Bulbapedia! I take PMs and VMs, too. And American Express.

#1 Magnemite fan MAGNEDETH's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Follow MAGNEDETH On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefboz View Post
    Now I know someone's gonna ask me why I complained in the first place, so here's why: it seems a while since the community has been able to edit the wiki. Also I am a very impatient person and having to wait 38 days is rather difficult for me to accomplish.
    patience is a virtue.

Battle Pike Champion HoennMaster's Avatar

So why is trivia unwanted right now?

Can I get an encore? evkl's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

Trivia is low-priority compared to factual information, and given finite server resources, we'd prefer if it was not edited while the servers are struggling.
    "And we're not gods, we're just hacks."

blog | twitter | Bulbagraphic

Hello I found a small bug in Misty's Gyarados (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Misty%27s_Gyarados)
    He make debute in Cerulean Blues not in The Misty Mermaid.
    I'am right?
    Sorry for my English :)

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

According to the article, it debuted as a Magikarp in The Misty Mermaid. Since Cerulean Blues aired after The Misty Mermaid, it would appear to be correct.

yes,but i saw this episode and Magikarp does not appear.

Take It Easy, Chicken Virtual-Z's Avatar

You saw The Misty Mermaid and it wasn't in it? Ok, I will look into this.

Edit:
    I just watched it, and it is indeed not in The Misty Mermaid. So, I wonder when it debuted...
    Last edited by Virtual-Z; 12th April 2011 at 05:49 PM.

In my opinion he make debut in Cerulean Blues as a Gyarados,Magikarp didn't appear is only mentioned but didn't appear

Anyone have info on Pokémon RéBURST? Supposedly the main characters can TURN INTO Pokémon O_O (or so Kotaku says)

消え人
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxMonster View Post
    In FRLG, I think only the hidden Berries in Berry Forest and the items on Treasure Beach respawned. AFAIK, they haven't done it again until now.
    Well I seem to remember respawning Honey in at least Platinum...
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3D
    Anyone have info on Pokémon RéBURST? Supposedly the main characters can TURN INTO Pokémon O_O (or so Kotaku says)
    Yes, they can. I have some of the issues of Shonen Sunday with it in and also Dogasu has written synopsis of the first two chapters. The first chapter you can even read yourself on Club Sunday's website.