Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 2536
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Quote Originally Posted by bluesun View Post
    * Very High in one game, High in the other (this one only two people have, and I've marked them with a * on the above chart)
    So Grace is Very High to leave in Black City, but High to leave in White Forest?
    And Frederic is High to leave in Black City, but Very High to leave in White Forest?
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

Still learning. ikarishipper900's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The dark lord trombonator View Post
    Hi ikarishipper900,

This was, I believe, noted before the English release. Looks like we forgot to change it in at least one place. Whoops!
    Oh gotcha. I was actually really surprised there was something on the site for me to add; you guys are really thorough. :) Will this be fixed soon?

Also:

Quote Originally Posted by deuxhero View Post
    On Alder's page

"Alder carries nine Poké Balls due to him not understanding the Pokémon storage system. "

Where does this originate from?
    I second this. I would like a source on this, because I don't think it's ever said in-game.

Thanks!

Yes, that's really my neck The dark lord trombonator's Avatar Former Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief

Hi ikarishipper900,

I meant to do that before but got distracted :/ The page has been fixed now.

I don't know about Alder's trivia point. I'm still in Castelia City :S
    The dark lord trombonator (trom)
    Former Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief, Bulbapedia Deputy Editor-in-Chief, and Archives Advisor

Now blogging as 'idiosyncriticnz' at wordpress.com

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

I'm pretty sure the source for that is the Nintendo Dream magazine. We got a few interesting facts about other NPCs from that too, IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxMonster View Post
    I'm pretty sure the source for that is the Nintendo Dream magazine. We got a few interesting facts about other NPCs from that too, IIRC.
    Would it be possible to mention that in the article? I went through the game looking for the mention and I'm pretty sure it wasn't there.

Thanks!

消え人
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Luna Primavera View Post
    So Grace is Very High to leave in Black City, but High to leave in White Forest?
    And Frederic is High to leave in Black City, but Very High to leave in White Forest?
    Yes, that's right.

Also, somebody can't romanise. "ie Rukana" should be "ieru kana". The current romanisation translates to something like "The Pokemon House Rukana? BW".

Also, on the Pikachu shorts page, as quite a few of the screenshots are Widescreen, they should probably be tagged as such so that they don't show up small. The ones this affects are 4, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13 and 20. (It would also affect 7 and 11, but their screenshots are cropped to 4:3 :\)
    Also, PK05 and PK06 should have the English airdate filled in with the US DVD or video release, since currently the article has the double-standard of using Japanese VHS releases rather than airings, but not American DVD or video releases.

Some of the Winter Vacation PK articles also make the error of calling the Japanese VHS ''broadcast''s, which perhaps someone could fix. Pokeani lists first terrestrial broadcast dates for 5 of the 7, which makes me wonder if the other two ever got terrestrial broadcasts. (They have had satellite and cable broadcasts, but I can't say if the dates I find are the *first* satellite and cable broadcasts.)
    Last edited by bluesun; 2nd April 2011 at 01:59 AM.

Please pardon statements made from ignorance. I've had an account on Bulbapedia for a few months, but haven't been involved enough to be able to claim experience.

Here's what I know:
    1. Editing is currently locked due to B/W server stress.
    2. Users are told to use the preview button to avoid unnecessary writes to the databases.

Would some sort of 'virtual-only' Sandbox, where the only option is to preview the current "edit", be akin to the stress of fully allowing site-wide editing?

For example, say a user is working on transforming a page from a stub. Would it be possible to have a preview-only editing mode, where they can see the result of their current page/wikicode, copy-pasting the contents to their local computer to save for when Bulbapedia is unlocked? That way, the user can work on the content now (which they may not have time for later) and have it ready for immediate update once the wiki's unlocked.

No database writes would be made; but I've also seen a statement that locking is done to cut down on page loads, which I'd think would be the same regardless of the fact that "it's just a preview".

Fish fingers and custard Werdnae's Avatar Former Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ibm2431 View Post
    Please pardon statements made from ignorance. I've had an account on Bulbapedia for a few months, but haven't been involved enough to be able to claim experience.

Here's what I know:
    1. Editing is currently locked due to B/W server stress.
    2. Users are told to use the preview button to avoid unnecessary writes to the databases.

Would some sort of 'virtual-only' Sandbox, where the only option is to preview the current "edit", be akin to the stress of fully allowing site-wide editing?

For example, say a user is working on transforming a page from a stub. Would it be possible to have a preview-only editing mode, where they can see the result of their current page/wikicode, copy-pasting the contents to their local computer to save for when Bulbapedia is unlocked? That way, the user can work on the content now (which they may not have time for later) and have it ready for immediate update once the wiki's unlocked.

No database writes would be made; but I've also seen a statement that locking is done to cut down on page loads, which I'd think would be the same regardless of the fact that "it's just a preview".
    While that would be nice, I don't think it's possible. Previewing certainly uses less server resources than an edit. However the way MediaWiki seems to be set up, you can only preview an edit which you can save.
    Thanks Jo The Marten for the avatar.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
    Night will fall and drown the sun,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Friendship dies and true love lies,
    night will fall and the dark will rise,
    Demons run, but count the cost.
    The battle's won, but the child is lost.

Yes, that's really my neck The dark lord trombonator's Avatar Former Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief

It might be possible to edit the CSS to remove the save page button... I know you can do it for delete etc; Wikipedia does that on their Main Page.
    The dark lord trombonator (trom)
    Former Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief, Bulbapedia Deputy Editor-in-Chief, and Archives Advisor

Now blogging as 'idiosyncriticnz' at wordpress.com

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Werdnae View Post
    While that would be nice, I don't think it's possible. Previewing certainly uses less server resources than an edit. However the way MediaWiki seems to be set up, you can only preview an edit which you can save.
    Well, when the database is locked (when even the staff cannot edit), you can preview but not save.

Registered User TorchicBlaziken's Avatar

The note on Ghetsis being father of N and N being son of Ghetsis should say:

While N and Ghetsis share a surname, neither Ghetsis nor N explicitly claim that they are father and son. Ryoku states that not even the Seven Sages know if they have this relationship or not.

Also, on Kyurem's page, add that it is the only member of the Tao trio that can be shiny, and that its overworld sprite is ambiguous, looking like both normal Kyurem and Shiny Kyurem.
    Last edited by TorchicBlaziken; 2nd April 2011 at 11:17 AM.

- Yellow introduced lots of colors for the Generation I cities and routes: a light green and blue for the routes, red for Cinnabar, yellow for Saffron City, green for Celadon City...it would be nice if those were in the actual cities.
    - Information on the online Pokémon TCG, with information on decks and the NPCs.

Quote Originally Posted by TorchicBlaziken View Post
    The note on Ghetsis being father of N and N being son of Ghetsis should say:

While N and Ghetsis share a surname, neither Ghetsis nor N explicitly claim that they are father and son. Ryoku states that not even the Seven Sages know if they have this relationship or not.

Also, on Kyurem's page, add that it is the only member of the Tao trio that can be shiny, and that its overworld sprite is ambiguous, looking like both normal Kyurem and Shiny Kyurem.
    I agree with the N and Ghetsis bit, but I thought Reshiram and Zekrom could be shiny if you had to catch it in Dragonspiral Tower instead of the castle.

Blog Entries

Since Trom told me that this is also the Simple Questions thread, here's a simple question for you to answer.

What are the various HTML "classes" that Bulbapedia has? I know some: usermessage, noticebar, roundy, expandable, sortable, hoverexpand. What are the others and what do they do?

Thanks!
    This message was written by none other than me, chiefboz.
    Bored? Check out my blog or bug me on Bulbapedia! I take PMs and VMs, too. And American Express.

Fish fingers and custard Werdnae's Avatar Former Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefboz View Post
    Since Trom told me that this is also the Simple Questions thread, here's a simple question for you to answer.

What are the various HTML "classes" that Bulbapedia has? I know some: usermessage, noticebar, roundy, expandable, sortable, hoverexpand. What are the others and what do they do?

Thanks!
    Anything on this page preceded by a full stop is a class. What they do is the HTML code in braces ("curly brackets") following.
    Thanks Jo The Marten for the avatar.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
    Night will fall and drown the sun,
    Friendship dies and true love lies,
    night will fall and the dark will rise,
    Demons run, but count the cost.
    The battle's won, but the child is lost.