BULBAPEDIA: Suggestions, ideas, and problems - Page 89

Page 89 of 170 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 2536
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Quote Originally Posted by PLA View Post
    Any work done on npc trainer lines of sight / movement patterns? Maybe I'm alone, but I think it could be an interesting article.
    I believe this is unique to each individual Trainer. I've seen Trainers wo don't see you unless you're next to them, and others who will happily walk five tiles to battle you. If we know how to find it, perhaps we could add it to the Trainer template on the location pages.

I'm also curious about the game system behind the random direction of the classic "dramatic praire dog" type.
    I have no idea what you're talking about. You're going to have to explain what classic "dramatic praire dog" type means.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Luna Primavera View Post
    Hasn't done fine so far.

Diamond dust is a special event effect. The fact that it's a footnote with little to no information is underplaying its special snowflake status.
    Does fine on describing what it is to me.

Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Pika3323 View Post
    Does fine on describing what it is to me.
    So without needing to go to any other place, can you tell me what days the diamond dust happens on?
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Luna Primavera View Post
    So without needing to go to any other place, can you tell me what days the diamond dust happens on?
    ...alright you win. =P

#1 Magnemite fan MAGNEDETH's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Follow MAGNEDETH On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxMonster View Post
    I believe this is unique to each individual Trainer. I've seen Trainers wo don't see you unless you're next to them, and others who will happily walk five tiles to battle you. If we know how to find it, perhaps we could add it to the Trainer template on the location pages.
    its a random setting that is programed into the game, per trainer. it isnt specific to a trainer class.

PLA

Quote Originally Posted by MAGNEDETH View Post
    its a random setting that is programed into the game, per trainer. it isnt specific to a trainer class.
    Yeah, seems to be like that.

I have no idea what you're talking about. You're going to have to explain what classic "dramatic praire dog" type means.
    I mean the stationary type that turns to face a random direction rather than spinning around.
    A few times I've seen them stand still for several minutes, my best guess being that they just happened to pick the same direction many times in a row.
    Or maybe there's a random period of time between turns, in which case it would be cool to know the maximum and minimum periods.

How's this? I used some content that was already there and wrote a bit myself to write it, and searching "Level 100" redirects there.
    Fantastic! Thank you!

Just responding to a few unresolved things.

I just got a swarm on Route 11 on White, and it's Paras. So that definitely means that Shroomish is exclusive to Black as others have noted seeing that there on Black. Could they both be added now?

0HKO moves have no effect on Pokémon with Sturdy. Horn Drill activated it and did nothing, so this page is incorrect.

I still think lambent should be added to Lampent's name origin. Means glowing, gleaming or flickering with a soft radiance, which fits.

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by PLA View Post
    Yeah, seems to be like that.

I mean the stationary type that turns to face a random direction rather than spinning around.
    A few times I've seen them stand still for several minutes, my best guess being that they just happened to pick the same direction many times in a row.
    Or maybe there's a random period of time between turns, in which case it would be cool to know the maximum and minimum periods.
    Yeah, each individual Trainer is unique. Other than the fact that any Trainer who pivots faces you if you run through one of their lines of sight, I don't think there is any universal rule. And even if we did use the Trainer list on the location pages, it would be extremely complicated. I don't see this as a suggestion that would be practical to read or implement.

At best, I guess we could specify on the location pages what type of Trainer they are - stationary, pivot, walking, pivot walking, or interact-only. But again, I think this would just confuse more people than it helps.

PURPLE HERMIT! Chosen of Mana's Avatar Archives Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Chosen of Mana On Twitter

To those claiming Sturdy still provides full immunity to OHKO moves; did you make sure to use a weak attack to deactivate its' Focus Sash effect first?

As for suggestions: Is there a way to make a series of icons to add to the Trainerentry template for Double Battles, Triple/Rotation battles, and Multi Battles?

Big claimin'
    Cresselia (Pokémon)
    Colette Brunel [Tales of Symphonia] and Yuri Lowell [Tales of Vesperia] (Video game characters)

Quote Originally Posted by Chosen of Mana View Post
    To those claiming Sturdy still provides full immunity to OHKO moves; did you make sure to use a weak attack to deactivate its' Focus Sash effect first?
    Yes, just did it again. It did that same thing both times; came up with Sturdy's activation message, then says "It doesn't affect the wild Roggenrola..."

Sturdy still fully protects from OKHO moves.

EDIT: It was a level 40 Krabby using Guillotine against a Level 11 Roggenrola, in case anyone tries to insinuate that I used a lower level Pokémon.
    Last edited by Blazios; 28th March 2011 at 11:24 AM.

#1 Magnemite fan MAGNEDETH's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Follow MAGNEDETH On Twitter

Yeah, each individual Trainer is unique. Other than the fact that any Trainer who pivots faces you if you run through one of their lines of sight, I don't think there is any universal rule. And even if we did use the Trainer list on the location pages, it would be extremely complicated. I don't see this as a suggestion that would be practical to read or implement.

At best, I guess we could specify on the location pages what type of Trainer they are - stationary, pivot, walking, pivot walking, or interact-only. But again, I think this would just confuse more people than it helps.
    actually, something implemented in Gen III, some trainers that look around, they will specifically target you if you are running so you literally cant run past them.

When you confront Team Plasma at their building in Castelia city, Gorm quotes a Proverb from Sun Tzu's Art of War.
    Specifically, the last Verse of Chapter 3: Strategic Attack.

"If you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles."
    At least, the quote is based on that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Soulweaver View Post
    I think I need to nudge this suggestion because it is needed - unless this is done, there is no way to separate those moves that hit all other Pokémon and those which only hit adjacent ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by siburke939 View Post
    i have a simple suggestion...

the template for which attack hits who is kinda like this at present:

FOE FOE FOE
    ALLY SELF ALLY

utterly pointless (don't quote this saying "what if you're in the middle!?!" seriously think before saying that - it's irrelevant)

the visual display tells you nothing about targets on the other side of the field and it needs to be like this:

FOE FOE FOE
    SELF ALLY ALLY

that is all
    awesome dude thanks for the bump & it did get done so thanks too to whoever implemented it

one small thing though...

FOE FOE MISS
    SELF ALLY MISS

^ something like this is needed if you can't hit opponents on the far side of the field - i noticed a couple of moves at a quick glance (Crunch & Flamethrower) were like this:

FOE FOE FOE
    SELF ALLY ALLY

can they hit the pokemon on the opposite side? forgive me if they can & this has already been done but to my knowledge they can't & that's the reason i suggested it

thanks in advance dudes & keep up the good work on my favourite 'pedia!
    yo son

facebook lastfm twitter ytmnd

also, 3DS FC: 3153-3959-7484

Fish fingers and custard Werdnae's Avatar Former Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

In order for the parameters settings to actually make sense, it's had to be set so that the majority of the moves need to be changed. Moves like Flamethrower and Crunch haven't yet been updated and are still set to "any". For an example of one that is changed to "anyadjacent", check Volt Tackle.
    Thanks Jo The Marten for the avatar.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
    Night will fall and drown the sun,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Friendship dies and true love lies,
    night will fall and the dark will rise,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Demons run, but count the cost.
    The battle's won, but the child is lost.