BULBAPEDIA: Suggestions, ideas, and problems - Page 83
Page 83 of 177 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 2647

Thread: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

When Thundurus appears on Route 7, Tornadus's cry is heard.

Not true. The opposite is true for Tornadus in the Japanese version at least (not sure about eng vers) but they got Thundurus's cry right.

Morimoto's Trainer Class is now GAME FREAK

The final floor of Mistralton Cave where Cobalion is found is called Guidance Chamber. It even calls it that on the save screen.
    Last edited by Blazios; 9th March 2011 at 08:02 PM.

Pikiwyn removed my additions to Ampharos and Manectric without providing any reason for doing so. He also removed a long-standing note about Marowak from the Deoxys page stating items shouldn't be included, removing my edit regarding Ampharos and Manectric at the same time, but that doesn't apply to Ampharos or Manectric. I can't even bring this up on his talk page because editing is locked for non-staff.

Sorry, but I find that dickish.
    Last edited by Poppy Appletree; 10th March 2011 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention article.

Fish fingers and custard Werdnae's Avatar Former Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Appletree View Post
    Pikiwyn removed my additions to Ampharos and Manectric without providing any reason for doing so. He also removed a long-standing note about Marowak from the Deoxys page stating items shouldn't be included, removing my edit regarding Ampharos and Manectric at the same time, but that doesn't apply to Ampharos or Manectric. I can't even bring this up on his talk page because editing is locked for non-staff.

Sorry, but I find that dickish.
    Trivia for the sake of trivia is bad. If something isn't the highest/best/lowest/worst then it isn't notable. (Manectric)

The Deoxys one is just too conditional to add back in IMO.

The Ampharos one I'm unsure about adding back in, it may be a little conditional.

IMO, trivia like that should only include stuff that is the Pokemon alone. (i.e. single battle, no items counted, no stat-boosting) but I would like to see some debate on that once the wiki is unlocked, or in a separate thread.

All that said, please people, unless it is really obvious, leave an edit summary. If we are looking through the history to see when something was added/removed/changed, it is much easier if there are edit summaries. It is also more polite, and helpful in general.
    Thanks Jo The Marten for the avatar.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
    Night will fall and drown the sun,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Friendship dies and true love lies,
    night will fall and the dark will rise,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Demons run, but count the cost.
    The battle's won, but the child is lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Werdnae View Post
    Trivia for the sake of trivia is bad. If something isn't the highest/best/lowest/worst then it isn't notable. (Manectric)

The Deoxys one is just too conditional to add back in IMO.

The Ampharos one I'm unsure about adding back in, it may be a little conditional.

IMO, trivia like that should only include stuff that is the Pokemon alone. (i.e. single battle, no items counted, no stat-boosting) but I would like to see some debate on that once the wiki is unlocked, or in a separate thread.

All that said, please people, unless it is really obvious, leave an edit summary. If we are looking through the history to see when something was added/removed/changed, it is much easier if there are edit summaries. It is also more polite, and helpful in general.
    The point about Manectric is notable only because it takes a place above Deoxys - otherwise, it's confusing to say something like "Deoxys has the third highest absolute Special Attack".

I can agree with the comment about Marowak, and I don't contest that point (I did not add it, but integrated it into my edit), but the rationale for its removal does not apply to my addition.

I don't agree with saying single battles are the only ones worth considering, because single battles are not the only type - there are a number of moves and abilities, such as the abilities in question, which are only useful in multi battles. Besides which, double battles against wild Pokémon are possible in Black and White, so it would be fairly simple to have a pair of Pokémon that both had higher Special Attack than Deoxys. I can, however, agree with excluding esoteric combinations of items, buffs and other moves unless it's really interesting, such as the insane power that Shuckle can possess.

Also, to clarify, what I find dickish is that no edit summary was provided, precluding discussion, and I am not permitted to respond. I myself should have provided an edit summary, though an addition is generally self-explanatory when using diff, whereas a removal is not.

At any rate, I should like to discuss this point further - I posted here because I was unsure of where else I might mention it.

A mistake I've noticed: In Route 14, the Pokémon you find in dark patches isn't Mienfoo, it's Mienshao.

EDIT: The 4 Musical classes are now cool, cute, elegant and quirky, according to a woman in the theatre.
    Last edited by Blazios; 11th March 2011 at 05:56 AM.

Registered User vuvuzela2010's Avatar Archives Junior

Quote Originally Posted by vuvuzela2010 View Post
    Not sure if this is worth mentioning, but can soemone check if there are any changes in the GTS list of countries? Because in White, South Korea is listed as South Korea, and I am pretty sure it was just called Korea (or Republic of Korea) in Gen IV. Also, Myanmar is listed as Myanmar, while it may have been Burma in the Gen IV games. And oddly, Ukraine seems to be missing from the list. And can someone check if Montenegro and Serbia are listed seperatly in D/P, or as Serbia & Montenegro?
    I've made a list of the countries (and territories), and added an asterix to the countries not included (i couldn't be bothered adding all the territories). It certainly makes an interesting read. Why developed countries like (a lot of) EU countries, or Syria would be exculded, and yet some of the worlds poorest nations like Burindi would be included is beyond belief. A possible addition to the trivia?

Blog Entries

i have a simple suggestion...

the template for which attack hits who is kinda like this at present:

FOE FOE FOE
    ALLY SELF ALLY

utterly pointless (don't quote this saying "what if you're in the middle!?!" seriously think before saying that - it's irrelevant)

the visual display tells you nothing about targets on the other side of the field and it needs to be like this:

FOE FOE FOE
    SELF ALLY ALLY

that is all
    yo son

facebook lastfm twitter ytmnd

also, 3DS FC: 3153-3959-7484

Surrender now or carry on Bikini Miltank's Avatar Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vuvuzela2010 View Post
    I've made a list of the countries (and territories), and added an asterix to the countries not included (i couldn't be bothered adding all the territories). It certainly makes an interesting read. Why developed countries like (a lot of) EU countries, or Syria would be exculded, and yet some of the worlds poorest nations like Burindi would be included is beyond belief. A possible addition to the trivia?
    It seems like every country that was formerly part of the USSR (with the exception of Russia) has been excluded. Maybe GF only had access to avery old atlas?

That, or they're Communists. Yeah, that'll be it.

The basketball that says Harmonia on it is not just in the text dump- it's in the game. Next to the hoop there's a basketball. It says Harmonia on it...

There's a piece of trivia in the Abyssal Ruins page stating that the Splash Plate is the only Plate that can't be found there.

First of all, that's not true, as the Draco Plate can't be found there either (It's also given to you in Route 13). However, the man that gives you both the Splash Plate and Draco Plate tells you that he himself found them in the Abyssal Ruins.

◓Gypsy Vanner Horse Kyuuketsuki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You can find Emolga in the Shaking grass in Route 14, but I don't know the exact rate.

The Biker group on Tubeline Bridge is called the Black Empoleon. The trainers are Biker Morgann (yes, with two ns) and Biker Jeremy.

Still waiting for editing to be up. Since there's probably a backlog of stuff that needs to be added to B&W, why not at least open up editing for non-B&W things?

Example:

In this article, I wanted to put how also in "Riddle Me This", Gary's banquet has a fish sliced up, but a normal fish (not a Magikarp)

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

As of right now, editing is unlocked to all users.