BULBAPEDIA: Suggestions, ideas, and problems - Page 75

Page 75 of 170 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 2537
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Official BULBAPEDIA suggestion/idea/problem thread

Them most importantly, us quite notably.

Team Rocket Agent KatsumiChris1991's Avatar

Hey shouldn't James' profile have his TR Rank be changed to Advanced Troop since it has changed on Jessie's?

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Since Waterlog debuted in the TCG, I think it should be noted somewhere on its page. However, a while ago, it was removed since there are many of them. How many other moves are there that appeared in the TCG before the games? I know Flail did. If there are enough, I would suggest we make a category for them. If there aren't, they should at least get trivia mentions.

Alternatively, we could even give moves an "in the TCG" section, which I think would work quite well.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Probably something like 20 moves were in the TCG first.

Blog Entries

Hi would it be possible to add to the Wiki a "Did you mean: x" thing? Sometimes I have a bad tendency to misspell a Pokemon name (especially these new ones), or I get the wording wrong and it frustrates me that I have to find an alternative way of looking for it in situations I really need the info badly. So Wikipedia has this and here is just a simple example:

But on Bulbapedia for example if I misspell something it asks me if I want to create that article, which makes no sense to me. For example:

I think it would help a lot if it suggested "Did you mean: Pikachu" otherwise it's just frustrating.
    Former staff member - 2010
    Formerly known as - insomniac
    Competitive Player

Moderator Maverick Nate's Avatar Bulbanews Senior WriterBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxMonster View Post
    Alternatively, we could even give moves an "in the TCG" section, which I think would work quite well.
    I had this planned for a while. It will be a grand section saying all sorts of things like when they appeared before, all the Pokémon that know it, differences between when it appeared, etc. I just wanted to get some other more prominent tasks finished before hand. It will all come in due time.

Registered User theawesomesauceball's Avatar

A list of Pokémon that can boost their,stats temporarily so people don`t have to,search through all the pokemon they can acquire just for a single situation.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sublimε View Post
    Hi would it be possible to add to the Wiki a "Did you mean: x" thing? Sometimes I have a bad tendency to misspell a Pokemon name (especially these new ones), or I get the wording wrong and it frustrates me that I have to find an alternative way of looking for it in situations I really need the info badly.

I think it would help a lot if it suggested "Did you mean: Pikachu" otherwise it's just frustrating.
    Problem there: we've got a lot of similar names. People would then whine that they didn't get to the right thing they misspelled when they clicked the link. "Whiet" would lead you to the disambiguation page, and then we'd get people screaming at us that having disambiguation pages at all is horribly evil and we shouldn't have them. Next up: redirecting any odd transposition of letters in a Pokémon name to that Pokémon's page for lazy users who don't care to spell things right. Way to encourage a quality encyclopedia...

Quote Originally Posted by theawesomesauceball View Post
    A list of Pokémon that can boost their,stats temporarily so people don`t have to,search through all the pokemon they can acquire just for a single situation.
    What... the hell does that mean? You want us to list all the Pokémon that can learn things like Howl, or what? Because I'm pretty sure most Pokémon can learn at least one stat-increasing move, and the ones that can't are legendary. If that's not what you mean, please clarify. With better grammar.

Confusing Post Syndrome Fern 24's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Why are the icons for surfing in the B & W articles broken? (see here, here, and here, and pretty much any Unova route article). I tried looking in the Archives (the "Game Sprites" category) but couldn't find it.
    I ship my Avatar & Oshawott! - Inheritance fans, unite!

Fish fingers and custard Werdnae's Avatar Former Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fern 24 View Post
    Why are the icons for surfing in the B & W articles broken? (see here, here, and here, and pretty much any Unova route article). I tried looking in the Archives (the "Game Sprites" category) but couldn't find it.
    That would be because no-one has uploaded the relevant images. The server can't display an image which isn't there.
    Thanks Jo The Marten for the avatar.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
    Night will fall and drown the sun,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Friendship dies and true love lies,
    night will fall and the dark will rise,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Demons run, but count the cost.
    The battle's won, but the child is lost.

Now I found the right place! Would someone PLEASE read Explorer of Sky's game code and tell me the levels of Team charm in Aegis Cave?

Can I get an encore? evkl's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

No, you haven't...that's not a Bulbapedia question. You can swing by the Games forum but there are no guarantees an involved request like that will be answered.
    "And we're not gods, we're just hacks."

blog | twitter | Bulbagraphic

As for what you said, this is a Bulbapedia question - because I am trying to improve the Team Charm article. SnorlaxMonster was the one that suggested I come here, and the reason why I made an account on here.

Rocket traditionalist Hunter Blade's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Hunter Blade on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Ivy View Post
    As for what you said, this is a Bulbapedia question - because I am trying to improve the Team Charm article. SnorlaxMonster was the one that suggested I come here, and the reason why I made an account on here.
    Well now it makes more sense why you requested that. Another way to do it would be to bring some doom seeds into the dungeon during the storyline, if you have some, and throw them at the Charms. It would require effort on your part, but it might be faster than trying to find somebody who has the coding.

I would do this, but I finished redoing the storyline a month or so ago, so I'm long past that part. :|

EDIT: Now that I think about it, you'll find the doom seeds all over the place in the Regice level of the Aegis Cave, before you fight alongside Team Charm. So that won't be too hard, actually.
    Last edited by Hunter Blade; 26th January 2011 at 08:56 AM.
    Team Rocket - We're back in business.
    Actually, I never left.

That's a really good idea. But I restarted my Pokemon Explorers of Sky because I couldn't get past that Primal Dialga. Let's see if I can find someone who's up to it...