BULBAPEDIA: Suggestions, ideas, and problems - Page 66
Page 66 of 173 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Beware of Chords of Steel Kalashnikov's Avatar

Default Re: Official BULBAPEDIA suggestion/idea/problem thread

The _pokemon_species_ articles was recently changed to automatically redirect to the species articles, instead of disambiguation page. That's great. Was waiting for it since discovered Bp.
    Suggesting the same changes to be made to articles about elemental types. Same reasoning.
    My englisch are no perfekt, sory
    0603-8886-6170

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Kalashnikov View Post
    The _pokemon_species_ articles was recently changed to automatically redirect to the species articles, instead of disambiguation page. That's great. Was waiting for it since discovered Bp.
    Suggesting the same changes to be made to articles about elemental types. Same reasoning.
    While you say that, Poison absolutely cannot. Nor can Psychic. The rest are a bit more feeble, but this is only happening for Pokémon.

Yes, that's really my neck The dark lord trombonator's Avatar Former Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxMonster View Post
    Well, the page history helps too. Anyway, if we want a policy implemented, the EB needs to have a meeting, so hopefully one of them reads the BulbaWiki forum.
    *adds to to-do list*

Sorry, that's not going to happen. The disambiguation change was for Pokemon only.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Even though I told everyone that requests would begin to be made for the move and type disambigs to be killed next.

We're not doing those ever. And that I can guarantee.

Beware of Chords of Steel Kalashnikov's Avatar

Yeah, it is pointless to argue with several mods, I guess...
    Requesting this unnecessary pages to be unified at least.
    For Dark type it says: "A type in the Pokémon games that debuted in Generation II, see Dark (type)", for Fire: "The Fire type in the games." and for Ghost: "The Ghost-type, one of the seventeen elemental types that a Pokémon can have." and so on. This makes it harder to navigate...
    My englisch are no perfekt, sory
    0603-8886-6170

Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

*raises hand*

May I suggest adding locations of moves that are available in TM form to be put on the move articles themselves? Instead of having to click on the tiny-and-somewhat missable TM list-on-the-right just to find out where they are?
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

Yes, that's really my neck The dark lord trombonator's Avatar Former Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief

Yeah, it is pointless to argue with several mods, I guess...
    Requesting this unnecessary pages to be unified at least.
    For Dark type it says: "A type in the Pokémon games that debuted in Generation II, see Dark (type)", for Fire: "The Fire type in the games." and for Ghost: "The Ghost-type, one of the seventeen elemental types that a Pokémon can have." and so on. This makes it harder to navigate...
    But the problem is that there are other, completely different things of those names: such as Darkness-type in the TCG, the various ghosts that have appeared in the anime and games... I'll again mention the anomaly which is the Psychic trainer's Psychic-type Pokémon using Psychic... when there are this many things of the same name, we've got to use the disambiguations as we are now.

Quote Originally Posted by Luna Hivern View Post
    *raises hand*

May I suggest adding locations of moves that are available in TM form to be put on the move articles themselves? Instead of having to click on the tiny-and-somewhat missable TM list-on-the-right just to find out where they are?
    Yes, you may. ;)

Fish fingers and custard Werdnae's Avatar Former Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shay08 View Post
    I have a problem. I've been trying to breed a horsea (with egg moves) for a certain nature and ability. I had successfully gotten the egg moves with the horseas, but I didn't get the nature I wanted. I stopped. Now, I've picked up the project again and I'm using the same parents as before, but for some reason the egg moves, signal beam and aurora beam, are no longer on the horseas. I was breeding a female kingdra with a male dewgong.
    Can someone explain? I'm quite baffled.
    This kind of thing should go in the Video Games section. This thread is only for matters pertaining to Bulbapedia.
    Thanks Jo The Marten for the avatar.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
    Night will fall and drown the sun,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Friendship dies and true love lies,
    night will fall and the dark will rise,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Demons run, but count the cost.
    The battle's won, but the child is lost.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Luna Hivern View Post
    *raises hand*

Unfortunately, people will miss them regardless of where we put them. I wouldn't be against having part of the opening section containing a reference to the move being contained in a TM or HM, or available via move tutor, though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TTEchidna View Post
    Unfortunately, people will miss them regardless of where we put them. I wouldn't be against having part of the opening section containing a reference to the move being contained in a TM or HM, or available via move tutor, though.
    They wouldn't be missed if they were shoved between the Effect and Learned By subsections. The TM pages feel like they're more for, "Okay...I'm missing these TMs...but I don't know what move they contain....*search TM31* Oh hey, cool!" as opposed to, "Okay, I know there's a TM for EQ. Don't remember the number. *search EQ* Oh, it's TM26. Now where should I keep an eye out for it? ...D: Wait, it's not on the page?"
    Last edited by Luna Tiger; 25th November 2010 at 10:43 PM.

#1 Magnemite fan MAGNEDETH's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Follow MAGNEDETH On Twitter

while im not against your idea, i just wanted to point out that there is a link to TM26 on Equake's page (and so on with all other moves in TMs).

Blog Entries

Oh I know that. But unless that part of the template was recent, I didn't even notice it until the other day (what I mean by "missable") since most are just there to quick-check a move's power/acc/cat/range and who can learn it. And while it's cool the TM pages offer the location, and the move tutor page has locations, that part of the template tells you only how the move is available per generation and shouldn't pages offer up everything possibly associated with their content?

If you think it's a bad idea, that's fine. The information's on other pages, so at least it's available somewhere, but a quick-link to the location never hurts either.

#1 Magnemite fan MAGNEDETH's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Follow MAGNEDETH On Twitter

i said i wasn't against the idea...but its actually been there for a while. perhaps what we can do is enlarge that section as its quite small. literally, the font is in <small> mode.

Blog Entries

Ah, I just meant, "a bad idea," in the long run. Someone might come up with some uber-awesome argument on why it shouldn't be there. But the box? Yeah, it could do with a small size upgrade.