BULBAPEDIA: Suggestions, ideas, and problems - Page 42
Page 42 of 173 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea/problem thread

Quote Originally Posted by TTEchidna View Post
    Oh Zekky. I wish. I do so wish.
    I take it the server can't handle much else? (It is probably just an extension.)
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

#1 Magnemite fan MAGNEDETH's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Follow MAGNEDETH On Twitter

the server cant handle the site itself right now. 504s, session data loss, earthquakes in Iowa. the server.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zekurom View Post
    I take it the server can't handle much else? (It is probably just an extension.)
    No I mean the PHP files have switches. And that wasn't my idea.

Okay, I realize we have a lot on our plate now (and will have even more to deal with once Black and White come out), but has anyone on the wiki attempted to create a mobile version of Bulbapedia yet? I know it was suggested during that whole debacle about a paid app using our articles, but I haven't heard anything about it since. I understand that that could raise issues with the server (and it has enough already), but it'd make me feel good to know that, should the server ever become capable of hosting such a site, we would have something ready to implement.

To AndyPKMN
    I am probably about to sound really stupid; but I am sure that my work PDA, and the new SonyEricson touch phone both use a version of mobile web brouser and although it is a bit slow, I can check Bulbipedia both from work, and with the phone.

Blog Entries

For the userspace policy, to clear up the confusion with time zones, how 'bout let's put "For any instance of four edits to the userspace, the earliest and last edit should have a temporal distance of at least 24 hours."

Yes, that's really my neck The dark lord trombonator's Avatar Former Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief

This has been discussed before; it was decided to simply use server time given we have that handy-dandy clock up in the top corner.

Surrender now or carry on Bikini Miltank's Avatar Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

A quick suggestion/query since I'm in the middle of trawling through learnsets looking for oddities...

I notice we currently have Shadow Pokemon and their game-exclusive moves listed in the main articles even though they're only compatible with Gen III. I've no real objection to this, but I notice this info is not included in the learnset subpages for Gen III. This seems a bit weird: if I want a Mawile with Sing, I have to get it from XD, a Gen III game, and yet at the moment we're not classing Sing as a Gen III move.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AndyPKMN View Post
    Okay, I realize we have a lot on our plate now (and will have even more to deal with once Black and White come out), but has anyone on the wiki attempted to create a mobile version of Bulbapedia yet? I know it was suggested during that whole debacle about a paid app using our articles, but I haven't heard anything about it since. I understand that that could raise issues with the server (and it has enough already), but it'd make me feel good to know that, should the server ever become capable of hosting such a site, we would have something ready to implement.
    I tried on Bulbanews, but it failed. It seems that right now you have to go though some other site. What was it called now?

On a similar subject, iPhone icons. Also needed soon.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bikini Miltank View Post
    A quick suggestion/query since I'm in the middle of trawling through learnsets looking for oddities...

I notice we currently have Shadow Pokemon and their game-exclusive moves listed in the main articles even though they're only compatible with Gen III. I've no real objection to this, but I notice this info is not included in the learnset subpages for Gen III. This seems a bit weird: if I want a Mawile with Sing, I have to get it from XD, a Gen III game, and yet at the moment we're not classing Sing as a Gen III move.
    Yeah, we can do that with the learnset revamp.

im really looking forward to the pokedex app for ipods, but how about one for zunes?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Rayquaza View Post
    im really looking forward to the pokedex app for ipods, but how about one for zunes?
    A) There's no PokeDex app coming out for iPods by Bulbagarden.
    B) Neither is there for Zunes.

EDIT: Might there be a way on the TCG pages to put if the card is currently Modified-legal? A simple set switch should be good for most, and we'd just have to edit the reprint pages. I'll try to get something working in the userspace.

EDIT 2: Forgot the templates are mixed. How about an auto-categorization into, say, Category:Modified-legal cards?
    Last edited by immewnity; 9th August 2010 at 09:57 AM.

Blog Entries

Amity Medow has been released as a WIFI event in Japan. I don't know if y'all are waiting for an announcement about a US/PAL release to change the article, but if you aren't, then that should be changed. I'm sorry, I don't know wikicode so I can't really do any actual work on the 'pedia.

Quote Originally Posted by RioTDoll View Post
    I'm sorry, I don't know wikicode so I can't really do any actual work on the 'pedia.
    There's no need for code if you're just adding information.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Actually there is, but it's not like HTML or anything. Just base it off another page. It's how you learn.