BULBAPEDIA: Suggestions, ideas, and problems - Page 40

Page 40 of 170 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast
Results 586 to 600 of 2537
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

  1. #586
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    1985
    Posts
    5,296
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea/problem thread

    Actually, I meant it. It wouldn't be difficult to program at all.

  2. #587
    NONE OF YOU ARE SAFE. Eldritch_One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    432
    Blog Entries
    47

    Default Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea/problem thread

    Hey, playing through my Pearl again, and I hit up the Hearthome page to check out Barry before I battled him, and noticed something.

    the move pool for his Grotle only has two moves in it on the wiki page under "If the Trainer chose Piplup", the moves being Tackle and Razor Leaf, and I just battled him, and his Grotle used Absorb.

    Just wondering if it was a goof in the game or the wiki.
    The Shining Trapezohedron - MAH BLOG!

    THERE'S ALWAYS FREE CHEESE INSIDE OF A RAT TRAP.
    "I AM THE MOST AWESOME OF ROMANS. FUCKIUS YESIUS. COMMANDER OF THE LEGIO BADASSIUS!"

  3. #588
    is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,658
    Blog Entries
    108

    Default Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea/problem thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TTEchidna View Post
    Actually, I meant it. It wouldn't be difficult to program at all.
    Wut ._.

    And here I thought you were joking.

    I mean, it wouldn't be hard to program, but that's an even worse idea than pegging it at 50. Then, there's at most like a 1 in 10 chance that the info is actually useful.

    How about this - have a different one for each Pokemon, and make it based on the levels that it appears at most commonly in the wild?

    For example, if you're taking Pidgeys into account, you could say that the Battle Exp. is 31 because that's the Exp. that you get when defeating a Level 4 Pidgey.

    That way, for legendaries that actually do appear at level 50 (the Lake Trio, for example), you'd actually have it at 50. And for, say, Arceus (level 80, if I'm not mistaken) you'd actually have it at 80.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

  4. #589
    Yes, that's really my neck The dark lord trombonator's Avatar Former Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Southern New Zealand
    Posts
    2,061

    Default Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea/problem thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldritch_One View Post
    Hey, playing through my Pearl again, and I hit up the Hearthome page to check out Barry before I battled him, and noticed something.

    the move pool for his Grotle only has two moves in it on the wiki page under "If the Trainer chose Piplup", the moves being Tackle and Razor Leaf, and I just battled him, and his Grotle used Absorb.

    Just wondering if it was a goof in the game or the wiki.
    Wiki is not complete. You can add it if you want.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Noctowl View Post
    In the newly released video, if you pause at the right time between when the building comes out of the ground and the crown is placed on N's head, you can see two new characters. Should this be mentioned in the Bulbanews article?
    Wrong thread. I make no comment about Bulbanews at this time.

  5. #590
    Fish fingers and custard Werdnae's Avatar Former Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,177
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea/problem thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldritch_One View Post
    Hey, playing through my Pearl again, and I hit up the Hearthome page to check out Barry before I battled him, and noticed something.

    the move pool for his Grotle only has two moves in it on the wiki page under "If the Trainer chose Piplup", the moves being Tackle and Razor Leaf, and I just battled him, and his Grotle used Absorb.


    Some of those sections don't have complete movesets, since not all moves are used against each Pokémon - If the player is using a Pokémon resistant to Grass, then the AI will use other type moves in preference to the Grass type one. If you come across more of these then add them to the page.
    Thanks Jo The Marten for the avatar.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
    Night will fall and drown the sun,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Friendship dies and true love lies,
    night will fall and the dark will rise,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Demons run, but count the cost.
    The battle's won, but the child is lost.

  6. #591
    is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,658
    Blog Entries
    108

    Default Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea/problem thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Noctowl View Post
    How? This is for discussion of Bulbapedia and Bulbanews.
    Ahem, read the title of the thread.

    Since there wasn't one for Bulbanews, I took the liberty of creating one. Post your concerns there instead.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

  7. #592
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    174

    Default Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea/problem thread

    I'm kinda irritated by how uptight the moderators are. I don't think that double posting deserves infraction points, especially on my own thread as well as having threads being closed down because they are not "thread worthy" - who is to say what is/isn't thread worthy...I wouldn't write it in a thread if it wasn't. Please CHILL OUT.
    HG Friend Code: 0389 2535 1396.
    Trainer Name: Alex

  8. #593
    Vintage Sketch's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,486
    Blog Entries
    28

    Default Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea/problem thread

    Quote Originally Posted by a.sheehan View Post
    I'm kinda irritated by how uptight the moderators are. I don't think that double posting deserves infraction points, especially on my own thread as well as having threads being closed down because they are not "thread worthy" - who is to say what is/isn't thread worthy...I wouldn't write it in a thread if it wasn't. Please CHILL OUT.
    This is for Bulbapedia. Not the forum.

  9. #594
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    174

    Default Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea/problem thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    This is for Bulbapedia. Not the forum.
    Whoops a daisy. I just assumed Bulbapedia and the Forums came under the same banner.
    HG Friend Code: 0389 2535 1396.
    Trainer Name: Alex

  10. #595
    is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,658
    Blog Entries
    108

    Default Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea/problem thread

    There are now two articles on formulas that use a Level 78 Garchomp in their examples (Damage and Experience).

    I propose that we continue to use this Garchomp as a character in the rest of the formula pages involving Pokemon, and have it as a mascot of the Bulbapedia project "Formulas".

    If we do do that, we need it to have a nickname.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

  11. #596
    Vintage Sketch's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,486
    Blog Entries
    28

    Default Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea/problem thread

    Quote Originally Posted by a.sheehan View Post
    Whoops a daisy. I just assumed Bulbapedia and the Forums came under the same banner.
    ... no. Why would they?

  12. #597
    Registered User Drifloon Rocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    21

    Default Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea/problem thread

    A couple things about the villa page.

    First of all, I think the Villa article needs a guide on how to unlock the items that aren't available from the start when you buy the villa. Some require buying other items and some require battling trainers and the like. I think how to unlock the unlockables should be added.

    Secondly, I think pictures of the Guest Set, Wall Clock, Masterpiece, Tea Set, and Chandelier need to be put into the article. I'm not sure why those five have no pictures, but they need to be there.

  13. #598
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    1985
    Posts
    5,296
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea/problem thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zekurom View Post
    Wut ._.

    And here I thought you were joking.

    I mean, it wouldn't be hard to program, but that's an even worse idea than pegging it at 50. Then, there's at most like a 1 in 10 chance that the info is actually useful.

    How about this - have a different one for each Pokemon, and make it based on the levels that it appears at most commonly in the wild?

    For example, if you're taking Pidgeys into account, you could say that the Battle Exp. is 31 because that's the Exp. that you get when defeating a Level 4 Pidgey.

    That way, for legendaries that actually do appear at level 50 (the Lake Trio, for example), you'd actually have it at 50. And for, say, Arceus (level 80, if I'm not mistaken) you'd actually have it at 80.
    Then we'd have to, pretty arbitrarily, pick a level. Especially wonderful considering about half the Pokémon aren't found ANYWHERE wild, like Pidgeot, starter Pokémon, Manaphy... And then it'd be another parameter to put on every article...

    Quote Originally Posted by Drifloon Rocks View Post
    A couple things about the villa page.

    First of all, I think the Villa article needs a guide on how to unlock the items that aren't available from the start when you buy the villa. Some require buying other items and some require battling trainers and the like. I think how to unlock the unlockables should be added.

    Secondly, I think pictures of the Guest Set, Wall Clock, Masterpiece, Tea Set, and Chandelier need to be put into the article. I'm not sure why those five have no pictures, but they need to be there.
    Wiki's not complete. Add them.

  14. #599
    is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,658
    Blog Entries
    108

    Default Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea/problem thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TTEchidna View Post
    Then we'd have to, pretty arbitrarily, pick a level.
    Yeah, pretty much. But like I said, it would be based on what level they appear in in the wild.

    Especially wonderful considering about half the Pokémon aren't found ANYWHERE wild, like Pidgeot, starter Pokémon, Manaphy...
    You'd use 50 for those ones.

    And then it'd be another parameter to put on every article...
    How does the template work as it stands?

    *checks*

    Oh. Uhh... yeah. Guess not, then. I'd volunteer to do it, but I don't know whether my work would be pleasing or not.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

  15. #600
    A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,208
    Blog Entries
    3
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea/problem thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zekurom View Post
    There are now two articles on formulas that use a Level 78 Garchomp in their examples (Damage and Experience).

    I propose that we continue to use this Garchomp as a character in the rest of the formula pages involving Pokemon, and have it as a mascot of the Bulbapedia project "Formulas".

    If we do do that, we need it to have a nickname.
    It's Cynthia's Garchomp. That's why it's used.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •