BULBAPEDIA: Suggestions, ideas, and problems - Page 34
Page 34 of 177 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea/problem thread

Protonic semiconductor. Keep that in mind for when we unlock editing. It won't be too long.

As for the size comparison, the problem there is the problem I stated before: it uses images. I don't exactly want to upload some 2000 images to the Archives (Lucas, Dawn, Ethan, Lyra) just for this. If we could figure out the sizing algorithm they use, then sure, I'm all for it.

Fish fingers and custard Werdnae's Avatar Former Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpes View Post
    In the article for EP076, it says under "Errors":

Um, that's wrong. Ice is not an insulator. Ice is a protonic semiconductor, meaning that it uses hydrogen ions (protons) as charge carriers (reference for those of you who don't believe me). So the error section is in error. I'd fix it if I could, but, well, I can't.
    Not to mention the fact that the ice would have been covered in water as Arcanine had melted a lot of it. And air is considered a pretty reasonable insulator as well, and look how that stops Thunderbolts. I've removed it from the page (before TTE posted)
    Thanks Jo The Marten for the avatar.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
    Night will fall and drown the sun,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Friendship dies and true love lies,
    night will fall and the dark will rise,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Demons run, but count the cost.
    The battle's won, but the child is lost.

Quote Originally Posted by TTEchidna View Post
    Does Salamence learn Dragon Rush by level? No. Salamence can only have it by breeding. Unless breeding from a Pokémon that only learns it by breeding is the only way to do it, then Pokémon which themselves learn it by breeding are not listed.

Let's say you have a Pikachu that was hacked to have Aromatherapy. Breed that Pikachu with a Clefairy. The Cleffa will have Aromatherapy, even though Pikachu can't legitimately have the move. The egg move list is for fathers who have the move in their level-up learnsets.
    Oh, thanks for clearing that up. So does that mean that any pokemon that can learn a specific egg move can learn that move from any other pokemon in it's egg group?

Surrender now or carry on Bikini Miltank's Avatar Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Protonic semiconductor. Keep that in mind for when we unlock editing. It won't be too long.

As for the size comparison, the problem there is the problem I stated before: it uses images. I don't exactly want to upload some 2000 images to the Archives (Lucas, Dawn, Ethan, Lyra) just for this. If we could figure out the sizing algorithm they use, then sure, I'm all for it.
    Some of the 'height' values in the Pokedex actually refer to length anyway, so a sizing algorithm would still be problematic for Pokemon like Arbok - and, indeed, Wailord, which seems to be 47 feet long, not 47 feet high.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Echos420 View Post
    Oh, thanks for clearing that up. So does that mean that any pokemon that can learn a specific egg move can learn that move from any other pokemon in it's egg group?
    As long as the father has the move, regardless of how it was obtained.

The reason we list Pokémon with it in their level-up learnset and evolutions only is because otherwise it'd be too long of a list.

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bikini Miltank View Post
    Some of the 'height' values in the Pokedex actually refer to length anyway, so a sizing algorithm would still be problematic for Pokemon like Arbok - and, indeed, Wailord, which seems to be 47 feet long, not 47 feet high.
    And Rayquaza. But that measurement is inaccurate anyway. An adult Rayquaza is at least 12 m long (as it's shown in the anime), whereas in the Pokedex entry, it's only 7 m long.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

Sentinal of Anistar Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

anime =/= games. The anime never keeps the same height and weight that are listed in the games. That's why Ash can carry a Hippopotas on his head.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by -Ryuutakeshi- View Post
    anime =/= games. The anime never keeps the same height and weight that are listed in the games.
    Probably 'cause the heights and weights in the games are bogus.

I'm not sure why we need a size comparison, anyway.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

Blog Entries

I think there should be a new page called "Signature Abilities." It would list abilities that are or were exclusive to one pokemon/pokemon line. Also, abilities that are signature abilities would have a blurb that says "It is the signature ability of (insert Pokemon/Pokemon line here)." and abilities that were signature in previous generations would say "Up until (insert generation the ability became non-signature), it was (insert Pokemon/Pokemon line here)'s signature ability."
    For example: Crush Grip would say "It is the signature ability of Regigigas."
    An example for a previous signature ability would be Klutz (due to Koromori being revealed to have it as one of its two abilities) and it would say "Up until Generation V, it was the Buneary line's signature move" or "Up until Generation V, it was Buneary and Lopunny's signature move."

Quote Originally Posted by RegiRuler View Post
    I think there should be a new page called "Signature Abilities." It would list abilities that are or were exclusive to one pokemon/pokemon line. Also, abilities that are signature abilities would have a blurb that says "It is the signature ability of (insert Pokemon/Pokemon line here)." and abilities that were signature in previous generations would say "Up until (insert generation the ability became non-signature), it was (insert Pokemon/Pokemon line here)'s signature ability."
    For example: Crush Grip would say "It is the signature ability of Regigigas."
    An example for a previous signature ability would be Klutz (due to Koromori being revealed to have it as one of its two abilities) and it would say "Up until Generation V, it was the Buneary line's signature move" or "Up until Generation V, it was Buneary and Lopunny's signature move."
    Crush Grip is a move, not an ability. There's already a page for signature moves and signature abilities.
    *This space has been intentionally left blank*

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RyeKew View Post
    Crush Grip is a move, not an ability. There's already a page for signature moves and signature abilities.
    I meant Slow Start. I didn't know about the Signature Ability page, though. Thanks for pointing it out.

#1 Magnemite fan MAGNEDETH's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Follow MAGNEDETH On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Zekurom View Post
    Probably 'cause the heights and weights in the games are bogus.

I'm not sure why we need a size comparison, anyway.
    the game weights are particularly horrible when you compare the heaviest Pokemon of them all, Groudon, to a real world object, like a mid '90s Ford Aspire compact car. apparently Groudon weighs about the same as that little car.

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

While I'm not suggesting we steal anything, Veekun has managed to do it somehow. Also, I'm surprised that we don't have a page on Veekun, considering how much we link there on our Pokémon and move pages. Example.

Sentinal of Anistar Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MAGNEDETH View Post
    the game weights are particularly horrible when you compare the heaviest Pokemon of them all, Groudon, to a real world object, like a mid '90s Ford Aspire compact car. apparently Groudon weighs about the same as that little car.
    How is that horrible? Groudon's about the size of that car as well.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by -Ryuutakeshi- View Post
    How is that horrible? Groudon's about the size of that car as well.
    No, he's much bigger. About 4 times the size, at least. Not to mention he's made of denser material.

And a blue whale in real life weighs about 150 tons, yet a Wailord only weighs 398 kg. Granted, it's also about 25 m long while a Wailord is only 14 m, but if we divide accordingly, we get an adjusted weight of about 26 tons. Still way too much.

I imagine the weights are only like that to keep the power of moves like Low Kick in check. (No, wait, it's at set intervals. Never mind.)
    Last edited by Zekurom; 14th July 2010 at 09:22 AM.