Page 30 of 170 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

Default Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea/problem thread

Quote Originally Posted by Werdnae View Post
    But unlike the other Gym Leaders, Brock and Misty are also main characters, and the main characters get split according to media.
    You'll note that "Brock (anime)" and "Misty (anime)" were created not even two months ago. After it was mentioned on this thread that it would be a really good idea to split them. Because, despite being main characters in the anime, they were GLs first. And their articles were huge because of it.

That's the reason for their split (not before it was complained that then, all the other parts of their articles would have to be split, such as from the manga section). Not only were they prominent characters, but because the articles themselves were just unnecessarily too big.

Big articles, slower load time (not only for viewing, but editing). This is my point.
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

Battle Pike Champion HoennMaster's Avatar

Ok TTEchidna, I don't know why you put this there since no one can answer on the site. In response to you comment on Suzuran Island. Yes, it is most likely that it is the island from the games, but since the games don't mention it I don't think we can really put it on the site....but it's up to you guys.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateSephiroth View Post
    It looks awkward anyway. We had only bold before and I think it worked well, so why need to overhighlight it?
    Because WHITE TEEEEEXT.

Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Zorua View Post
    You'll note that "Brock (anime)" and "Misty (anime)" were created not even two months ago. After it was mentioned on this thread that it would be a really good idea to split them. Because, despite being main characters in the anime, they were GLs first. And their articles were huge because of it.

That's the reason for their split (not before it was complained that then, all the other parts of their articles would have to be split, such as from the manga section). Not only were they prominent characters, but because the articles themselves were just unnecessarily too big.

Big articles, slower load time (not only for viewing, but editing). This is my point.
    Edit in sections. Those articles aren't big at all. 35,000 bytes, psh. Longest move page is Hyper Beam, and it doesn't hold a candle to the longest page, Contest combination.

As for Brock and Misty, there's a difference there. There aren't 467 Gym Leaders, all equally featured and able to be assembled in teams of 4. Brock and Misty are the exception, not the rule, and like May and Dawn's game pages don't have all their anime info, Brock and Misty's shouldn't have either.

We can't just split off articles if they get big. There has to be a good reason to. We're not going to split the list of Pokémon by National Pokédex number next, are we? It's "too long", with around 150 Pokémon rumored to be in the works for Gen V, putting us at 643. Takes a while to load, too. It'll be about the size of Thunderbolt this time next year.

Anyway, take a look at the prettyful entry I made for the pages to revamp them. I'll be asking for a vote: 5, 4, 3, or 2 columns.

Fish fingers and custard Werdnae's Avatar Former Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Of the ones you've got up, I prefer four columns. Five columns would probably look too squashed, esecially for those people who don't have widescreen displays, while fewer columns makes it look too inflated and stretched.

While the border around the name does look a little weird, I agree that it can be difficult to see the bold with white text, so it needs something other than the bold. My only other idea for that would be to put the border around the relevant type, but that would also look weird, not to mention being rather difficult to do. (although personally I don't think it's that hard to tell when a move has STAB, especially now that the background is the move's type's colour, and the types of the Pokémon are coloured too. Do they even need to stand out that much?)

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TTEchidna View Post
    Because WHITE TEEEEEXT.
    Maybe we should overhighlight everything then?
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

TTE, it looks horrendous in Safari. (Warning: 1280x1024 screenshot)

#1 Magnemite fan MAGNEDETH's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Follow MAGNEDETH On Twitter

i just plain dont like it. its far too busy and takes up way more room than the current one.

It's what I do MisterE13's Avatar Archives JuniorBulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow MisterE13 On Twitter
    Visit MisterE13's Youtube Channel

I love it (even the circling for STAB). Not sure about the column though I'd usually only be able to see one anyways. Just a reminder that we use the moveentry template other places we need a |Number|MS|Name|Type(s)| table so we might have to replace certain uses of it...

I just want to check this but I am pretty sure cross-chop can affect pokemon in the semi-invulnerable turn of fly, at least in the gen-IV games. This isn't mentioned either Here or Here. I just wanted to make sure this was the case before editing the pages when editing becomes available again.

Surrender now or carry on Bikini Miltank's Avatar Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Are you sure it isn't just being used by a Pokemon with No Guard? That allows hits during the invulnerable turn of moves like Fly.

Ah you are right, it was machoke that was using it against me, thanks, glad i checked now!

[insert user title here] ☆TobyTse99☆'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

I guess this goes here.

Ice Cream Syndome (movie 13 ending theme(JP)) is out, I just noticed that 3 hours ago, then I started romanizing (first time) it, basically find the lyrics (which is pretty hard to find), and throw it to romaji.org, and correct them, and use {{tt}} to surround them all. 2:30 later, I found out that page edit is not allowed now...

Code:
    [insert title and info and whatever]

==Lyrics==
    {|
    |-
    ! width=40% | Japanese
    ! width=40% | English
    |- 
    | <ab>{{tt|関係はいたってフラットだ 何でも話せるくらいかな|Kankeiwa itatte furatto da nande mo hanase rukuraikana}}
    {{tt|付き合いは長いが 何も変わらないよな|Tsukiaiwa nagai ga nanimo kawa ranaiyona}}
    {{tt|せっかく用意したムードも 茶化されて終わってしまうんだよ|Sekkaku yōishi ta mūdo mo chakasa rete owa tteshimaundayo}}
    {{tt|打ち明けられないまま かっこもつかないまま|Uchi ake rarenaimama kakkomotsukanaimama}}

{{tt|太陽はずっと照ってる Tシャツが汗ばんでる|Taiyōwa zutto tetteru T shatsu ga ase banderu}}
    {{tt|ジメッとした僕みたい いつまでも乾かないや|Jimetto shita boku mitai itsumademo kawaka naiya}}
    {{tt|逃げ込んで入ったコンビニ 懐かしいコミックを購入|Kimi gairebadōkana? isshoni waraeru kana}}

{{tt|もう何年演じてんだろう? 親友としてのキャスティング|Mō nannen enji tendarō? shinyuu toshiteno kyasuteingu}}
    {{tt|距離感はいいんだが でも本音を言えば辛いや|Kyorikanwa iindaga demo honne wo ie ba tsurai ya}}
    {{tt|相談しやすいって言うけど いつも君の恋愛トーク|Sōdan shiyasuitte iu kedo itsumo kimi no ren'ai tōku}}
    {{tt|微妙な心の中 ばれないようにして|Bimyōna kokoro no naka barenaiyōnishite}}

{{tt|この目の奥に写ってる笑顔|Kono meno oku ni utsutte ru egao}}
    {{tt|僕だけのもんにしたいんだ|Boku dakenomonnishitainda}}
    {{tt|君がいる気がした|Kimi gairu kiga shita}}

{{tt|そのファインダーをのぞいたら|そのファインダーをのぞいたら}}
    {{tt|想像よりずっとずっと遠くに|Sōzō yorizuttozutto tōku ni}}
    {{tt|君がいる気がした|Kimi gairu kiga shita}}

{{tt|いつかは誰かと消えていってしまう|Itsukawa dareka to kie teitteshimau}}
    {{tt|見上げれば青い空真っ二つに割ってくジェット機遥か空へ|Miage reba aoi sora maffutatsu ni watte ku jetto ki haruka sora e}}
    {{tt|夏が飛んでく|Natsu ga ton deku}}
    {{tt|季節がもう|Kisetsu gamō}}
    {{tt|過ぎていく|Sugi teiku}}

{{tt|陽炎の中で立ってる 不器用なだけのボンクラ|Kagerō no naka de tatte ru bukiyō nadakeno bonkura}}
    {{tt|ぼやけている世界でも 君だけは歪まないや|Boyaketeiru sekai demo kimi dakewa yugama naiya}}
    {{tt|友情って名前のシンドローム 出口のない永久迷路|Yuujō tte namae no shindorōmu deguchi nonai eikyuu meiro}}
    {{tt|動くのも怖いから 踏み出せないでいる|Ugoku nomo kowai kara fumi dase naideiru}}

{{tt|食べようとしてたはずのアイスクリーム|Tabe yōtoshitetahazuno aisukurīmu}}
    {{tt|ベタベタに溶けていたんだ|Betabeta ni toke teitanda}}
    {{tt|運命って待ってくれないんだな|Unmei tte matte kurenaindana}}

{{tt|今会いたいすぐにでも|Ima ai taisugunidemo}}
    {{tt|いつになく真面目な声で誘い出してみようかな|Itsuninaku majime na koe de sasoi dashi temiyōkana}}
    {{tt|そのまま連れ去ってしまえたならもう|Sonomama tsure satte shimaetanaramō}}
    {{tt|勢いで抱え込んだ想いを伝えられるかも|Ikioi de dae kon da omoi wo tsutae rarerukamo}}

{{tt|そのファインダーをのぞいたら|そのファインダーをのぞいたら}}
    {{tt|手が届きそうなほどそばに君が見えたらいいな|Tega todoki sōnahodosobani kimi ga mie taraiina}}
    {{tt|幸せは増えたって減るもんじゃない|Shiawase wa fue tatte heru monjanai}}
    {{tt|君とならどんな一瞬だって煌いて見える|Kimi tonara donna isshun datte kirameite mie ru}}</ab>
    | <ab></ab>
    |-
    |}

{{Project Music notice}}
    [[Category:Japanese movie ending themes]]
    I am not sure if this will work. I am not good at the code.. I just grabbed the source of "ONE" and change the content.
    Aim FAIL

sparkl on, dargon slaer Fox Magician's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Fox Magician On Twitter Add Fox Magician on Google+

Hi, for pages such as Sudowoodo in the Trivia, it notes how it weighs the same as Lucas while when I see Latias' trivia it doesn't note it's similar weight to Ethan? Is there something more to this or that you aren't doing this kind of trivia any more?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

HGSS has been out for three months in the US and other territories who use Bulbagarden as their source for information and news. Three months, two of which we've unfortunately had to have the wiki locked down for, due to traffic and glitches. We haven't had a chance to set up trivia about Ethan and Lyra's weights being the same as that of Pokémon, because we've been bogged down in the important English updates, site style updates, and Black and White updates. Trivia can come later.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

and thus my plan to update the manga section goes.......down in flames T.T

speaking of which why were we able to edit yesterday? (not that anyone did)