BULBAPEDIA: Suggestions, ideas, and problems - Page 22
Page 22 of 178 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Blog Entries

Default Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea/problem thread

The Viridian Gym page has two problems, although one might not be a "problem" per se.

The first thing I noticed, which is definitely a problem, is that the HG/SS trainer table has what appears to be a scripting error. The table is stretched out and you can see a part of the "coding" on the bottom of the table. The second issue is that when I tried to see if I could fix this error I realized their is no "Edit" option for this page. Is the page supposed to be uneditable by ordinary users or is that another error?

For quick reference: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Viridian_Gym
    "Isn't Lady Gaga one of the Gym Leaders in Black & White?"
    Hopefully I'll be making some... projects that you guys will find out about soon.

#1 Magnemite fan MAGNEDETH's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Follow MAGNEDETH On Twitter

looks like someone (i think Kogoro) has fixed the problem. in the meantime, i dont see any reason to have the page protected (which is why you couldnt edit it) so i unprotected it.

Blog Entries

Hm... seems I should've checked the history on the protected part, my bad. Oh well, I figured as much since I was logged in. And since the table is fixed now that's all that really matters.
    "Isn't Lady Gaga one of the Gym Leaders in Black & White?"
    Hopefully I'll be making some... projects that you guys will find out about soon.

Question Pokewalker moves on Pokewalker pages

Hi,
    Just cruising around the pokewalker pages looking at what moves are exclusive to pokewalker caught pokemon, and there's two things I want to do.

1. What would be the best way to indicate moves that are not normally learnt by the pokemon on pages such as
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Winner's_Path_(Pok%C3%A9walker_Route)
    ?

2. When editing pokemon pages (like Munchlax), what would be the best way to add pokewalker-exclusive moves? Would it come under Event moves, or would some fancy template be needed or what?

Thanks for listening to a noob-editor who is trying to improve Bulbapedia but doesn't quite know the best way to do it.
    Last edited by The dark lord trombonator; 12th May 2010 at 05:52 AM. Reason: fixing your url

Yes, that's really my neck The dark lord trombonator's Avatar Former Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief

Not another New Zealander....

Ahem.

We have a number of ways of listing Pokéwalker-exclusive moves. Firstly, they should all be listed on each Pokémon's page under the "by events" section. Secondly, each move has an article that should also contain this information in a "http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Surf_%28move%29#Special_move_2]Special move" section. Thirdly, of course, they are all listed on each Pokéwalker Route article.

It might be worth altering the Pokéwalker template so that, say, a move will have a mark next to it to indicate whether it is a special move or not. Not everyone knows them by heart, after all.

So..... to answer your questions:
    1) We'd need to implement a new system, but it wouldn't be hard
    2) Yes, it does go under the "by event" move section, and also in the "special moves" section on the move page.

Thanks for your interest in the topic :)

Users on Bulbapedia should be able to submit a game for the Arcade, but to make it so it doesn't get overflown, each user should get only 1 submit per 3 weeks.
    Pearl FC-3223-8426-7119

"I could go for a BBQ bacon burger.
    And a large order of fries, and... an orange soda with no ice, and a... piece of hot apple pie."

-Coach from Left For Dead 2

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

...what... the hell does that mean.

Fish fingers and custard Werdnae's Avatar Former Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

The Arcade is part of the BulbaGARDEN forums, This is the thread for BulbaPEDIA suggestions. Suggestions for the forums should go in the Bulbagarden Suggestions Box

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

So, how many posts is that for Bulbagarden suggestions now? 10? 12?

No seriously, you guys. Can you tell me how you missed the entire rest of the forum? I know, we don't exactly link to the front page from Bulbapedia's sidebar, but if we did, undoubtedly we'd get people asking Bulbapedia questions in the Soap Box or something.

I mean, I know, Bulbapedia's 95% of the site's traffic. But... please please pay attention to the name of the thread. Bulbapedia is not the website. Bulbagarden is. If it's a forums issue, take it to the forums discussion, not the wiki's discussion forum.

on the marowak (literal ghost) page, under the trivia section at one point it reads "an cheating device".
    I'm a grammatical nerd and it just made me twitch a little. :)
    Last edited by clarinet47; 15th May 2010 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by clarinet47 View Post
    on the marowak (literal ghost) page, under the trivia section at one point it reads "an cheating device".
    I'm a grammatical nerd and it just made me twitch a little. :)
    Then fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    Then fix it.
    if I could, I would. The only access to the internet I have is my phone and won't let me edit any wikis whatsoever.

Ok, something is really wrong the Arceus page. Everything is really messed up. Go check it out for yourselves.

Lonely, lonely little life. I could kid myself by thinking that I'm fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Atara View Post
    Ok, something is really wrong the Arceus page. Everything is really messed up. Go check it out for yourselves.
    Someone took the "arceustype" out of the page and replaced it with "Normal"; messing up the template.

Oh ok it's back to normal now. That was weird...

Lonely, lonely little life. I could kid myself by thinking that I'm fine.