BULBAPEDIA: Suggestions, ideas, and problems - Page 21

Page 21 of 170 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 2539
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

  1. #301
    Sphere Hunter Kogoro's Avatar Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Hiding in your shadow.
    Posts
    1,110
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea/problem thread

    Bulbapedia uses the information given through official sources above information generated by unofficial sources. CoroCoro an official source, while you are not. Unless an official Japanese source says that the romanization "Zoroa" is correct, its romanized name as far as Bulbapedia is concerned, is Zorua.

    The page will stay at Zorua (Pokémon) unless such events happen, or until its official English name is revealed. End of story.

  2. #302
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    1985
    Posts
    5,296
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea/problem thread

    "That romanization is wrong". Yeah, tell that to Prasle. Or maybe to Roserade. How about Crab? Koiking? Caterpie. Lizardon. Onidrill. Casey. Rarecoil. Laplace. Any one of the many Pokémon whose Japanese kana does not match exactly to the trademarked romanization. That's what Zorua is. The trademarked romanization. I don't care that the kana reads literally ゾロア ZOROA. That's not how we do things. クラブ is not romanized directly as "Crab", but as KURABU. キャタピー is not "Caterpie", but KYATAPII.

    In short, the romanization "Zorua" appears in CoroCoro, and that is what we're going with. We can read kana, you know. We're not stupid. Game Freak used Zorua as the romanized name for it, despite having its kana name be ゾロア. Oh well. They romanized アンノーン as "Unknown", not ANNON. READ THE MANUAL OF STYLE, SPECIFICALLY the part about romanizing Japanese!

  3. #303
    Registered User Kuree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    17

    Default Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea/problem thread

    I understand that the romanization is not exactly what it is spelled. but that is only on certain pokemon.
    Rapidash (example):
    Japanese Gyaroppu
    gya is interchangeable with ga because it is the closest
    ro is interchangeable with lo for the same reason
    ppu is interchangeable with p because it is the closest.
    Zoroa:
    if they wanted it to be Zorua, they would have spelled it out.
    this is how it is spelled ゾロア it reads Zoroa
    this is how you spell zorua ゾルア

    they made gallop into gyaroppu because that was the closest to be able to write it in katakana.

    I don't believe that is the case for zorua/zoroa. because both can be written perfectly in katakana.
    I can assure you that the new dark fox (i think its fox...) pokemon is called ZOROA

  4. #304
    Registered User PagodaGiftShop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    14
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea/problem thread

    Somebody needs to break out the banhammer, zorua style.

  5. #305
    i wANNA BE A HETALIA TOO Umeko's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Delco, PA
    Posts
    674
    Blog Entries
    15
    Follow Umeko On Twitter
    Follow Umeko on Tumblr Visit Umeko's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea/problem thread

    Just for the record, it's not like Zorua's name was written in Roman script on just that one Corocoro scan. Every single time its name has appeared romanized, in every single magazine and every single official website and every single piece of merchandise, it has been romanized as "Zorua."

    It's not a typo.


    EDIT: Just did I quick check, and in skimming my magazines and stuff I found 14 instances of the "Zorua" romanization, and a grand total of zero for "Zoroa." And that's not counting the initial Corocoro scans or every single use of the "Zorua" romanization on the official movie website.
    Last edited by Umeko; 7th May 2010 at 03:33 PM.

  6. #306
    Vintage Sketch's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,486
    Blog Entries
    28

    Default Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea/problem thread

    Wasn't there a shirt that had Zorua on it?

  7. #307
    i wANNA BE A HETALIA TOO Umeko's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Delco, PA
    Posts
    674
    Blog Entries
    15
    Follow Umeko On Twitter
    Follow Umeko on Tumblr Visit Umeko's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea/problem thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    Wasn't there a shirt that had Zorua on it?
    There are like three shirts that say "Zorua." And a hat.

  8. #308
    Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Black City
    Posts
    8,588
    Blog Entries
    422

    Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

    Default Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea/problem thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Umeko View Post
    There are like three shirts that say "Zorua." And a hat.
    But those /must/ be wrong, since hats and t-shirts aren't official sources~!

    Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Zorua View Post
    Suggestion:
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Template_talk:Item <--- which is less a suggestion and more like an, "I beg you, you're killing my OCD."
    And I bring this back up. -_- OCD, still being killed.
    Avatar artwork by アカネ
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

  9. #309
    Registered User Kuree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    17

    Default Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea/problem thread

    I acknowledge that your point has been proven to me. (i stand by my case, but i won't argue anymore...)
    I can assure you that the new dark fox (i think its fox...) pokemon is called ZOROA

  10. #310
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    1985
    Posts
    5,296
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea/problem thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Zorua View Post
    But those /must/ be wrong, since hats and t-shirts aren't official sources~!


    And I bring this back up. -_- OCD, still being killed.
    Looks uglier if it's left. But sure, we'll try it.

  11. #311
    Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Black City
    Posts
    8,588
    Blog Entries
    422

    Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

    Default Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea/problem thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TTEchidna View Post
    Looks uglier if it's left. But sure, we'll try it.
    *rbe* Like I said, the centered looks find for for single items that aren't all in a list (like the template example), but you can't tell me the centered looks "good" when none of that text in a list format is uniform. It's atrocious when its centered, on pages like this: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Valuable_item

    Flush to the left, it looks a whole lot better, because the text isn't everywhere. *loves abusing the center tag too, for the record*

    And I'll thank you, if it's kept so. =O
    Avatar artwork by アカネ
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

  12. #312
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Hi, I'm new here, so please excuse my lack of avatar (for the moment). I just wanted to point out a mistake in the "List of Pokémon by effort value yield" here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_effort_value_yield

    Hoppip is listed as giving 1 Speed EV per Hoppip defeated, but Hoppip gives 1 Sp.Def EV per Hoppip defeated.

    I discovered this while EV training my Zubat on route 32 in HeartGold Version. After training from level 17 to level 24, and using Veekun's IV calculator to decipher my Zubat's IVs at each level, her Sp.Def was listed as "impossible input."
    The only possible way for my Zubat to have such a high Sp.Def is if she had more than 20 EVs in Sp.Def

    I suspected Hoppip because we had defeated significantly less of them than either rattatas or bellsprouts, and when I checked the Base Stats of Hoppip I found it's base stat in speed is 50, and it's base stat in Sp.Def is 55.

    I think the confusion is because both of it's evolved forms, Skiploom and Jumpluff, are higher in speed.

    However, I hadn't saved once the whole time I was training, so I was able to shut off and reset all the mixed up EV stats on my Zubat. Not that anyone asked xD

    If any more information is needed, I'd be glad to give it.

  13. #313
    Yes, that's really my neck The dark lord trombonator's Avatar Former Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Southern New Zealand
    Posts
    2,061

    Default Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea/problem thread

    You are correct; it is indeed 1 SpDef. We actually have the correct listing elsewhere on pedia, so it seems whoever did the list made a slight error.

    Thanks for noticing!

    EDIT: Should mention that I fixed it on that page.

  14. #314
    Rocket traditionalist Hunter Blade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kanto
    Posts
    4,275
    Blog Entries
    194

    Follow Hunter Blade on Tumblr

    Default Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea/problem thread

    I don't think it classifies as a problem, but oh well:
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Talk:Pokerus#Pok.C3.A9rus_.22Image.22
    Team Rocket - We're back in business.
    Actually, I never left.

  15. #315
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea/problem thread

    EDIT: Should mention that I fixed it on that page.

    Thank you :)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •