BULBAPEDIA: Suggestions, ideas, and problems - Page 170
Page 170 of 177 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 2652

Thread: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

  1. #2536

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    Quote Originally Posted by deluachu View Post
    I noticed that there are a lot of missing icons for new Gen 6 items, like the Assault Vest. I assume its because they arent in the game. But there are icons for it, on the global link. Here's a screenshot from my global link so you can see what I mean: http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt194/kamrom/gen6icons.png Would it be alright to use those icons on Bulbapedia?
    We already have the Global Link artwork on the items' respective pages. We're missing the bag sprites (and other things like Mega Evolution menu sprites) because we apparently don't have a reliable source that will allow us to use them.

  2. #2537

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    I noticed a minor problem regarding the special episode infobox. Unlike the regular episode infobox, this one doesn't have an option for widescreen screenshots (one should be able to input "no", "yes", and "hd" in the "screen" section, but only the first two work). Due to this, all episode head pictures using this template are shown in 200px, while the right size for 16:9 screenshots is 266px.
    Unlike Sarah Natochenny, our current voice actor for Ash is not a sound-alike. The character's personality has also severely changed due to the voice actor switch.
    Please sign on "FIRMAR", and help us make Ash Ketchum's voice actor return! We Latin American fans would really appreciate it!

  3. #2538
    MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Olivine Lighthouse
    Posts
    5,249
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    I'm re-posting my question from the XY025 preview thread: Should XY025, which will air on April 24 because XY024 was postponed indefinitely, be edited as XY024 on Bulbapedia?

  4. #2539
    This world is merciless Pokemaster97's Avatar Bulbanews Senior WriterArchives StaffBulbapedia StaffModerator
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    973
    Blog Entries
    2

    Visit Pokemaster97's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    I'm re-posting my question from the XY025 preview thread: Should XY025, which will air on April 24 because XY024 was postponed indefinitely, be edited as XY024 on Bulbapedia?
    I'd like to discuss with Kenji-girl and the other staff before making any final decisions about what to do with the naming of the article. Moving the article would mean that all the other upcoming episodes would have to be shifted and relinked, so it's a lot more than just moving XY024.

  5. #2540

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabo 2oo View Post
    I noticed a minor problem regarding the special episode infobox. Unlike the regular episode infobox, this one doesn't have an option for widescreen screenshots (one should be able to input "no", "yes", and "hd" in the "screen" section, but only the first two work). Due to this, all episode head pictures using this template are shown in 200px, while the right size for 16:9 screenshots is 266px.
    Just letting you know, Kogs upgraded the template for this now.

  6. #2541

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    First time poster, and I hope I'm in the right place here. I had wished to contribute a bit to the Super Training Page. I had something to add under the "Core Training" section regarding this paragraph:
    Occasionally, the player's Pokémon will take a rest from Core Training, indicated by a "..." displayed above the Pokémon and a refusal to participate in a Super-Training Regimen (or accept a new training bag); tapping the Pokémon will wake it up and give it a second wind (shown as a smiley above the Pokémon), which doubles the speed at which a Pokémon can finish off a training bag.
    The "second wind" - or the "Flare" status, as I like to call it - does more than just halve the speed in which another training bag can be finished off. This status also vastly increases the occurrence of random training bags appearing when the pokemon "punches" the empty training bag. I call it the "Flare" status because the Team Flare bag creates the same effect; I have also called the "Energetic" status. It would help to make this status information known to others, as all bags - notably Reset Bags - are made much easier to obtain from beating on an empty bag while under the "Flare" status.

  7. #2542

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    One of the writers for the series, Toshinobu Matsumiya, seems to have posted what looks like a timeline for the games https://twitter.com/matsumiyan/status/464052839870787584

    It says the X/Y take place at the same time as B/W2, so I guess the official timeline page can be edited now to place X and Y?

  8. #2543

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    Hello! I'm new here! I was wondering if there were any groups working on getting the pokemon movesets for NPC trainers in Pokemon X/Y?

    Articles for routes in some of the older games include the movesets of all the NPC trainer's pokemon, and I found that info very useful when I was going through the games.

    Is there any group working on this for Gen 6? If not I would really like to get started gathering moveset data because I see a lot of NPC trainers without their pokemon movesets listed. The only thing is I don't know much about editing wiki pages so I could gather the moveset information but would need help editing the pages.

  9. #2544

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Hello! I'm new here! I was wondering if there were any groups working on getting the pokemon movesets for NPC trainers in Pokemon X/Y?

    Articles for routes in some of the older games include the movesets of all the NPC trainer's pokemon, and I found that info very useful when I was going through the games.

    Is there any group working on this for Gen 6? If not I would really like to get started gathering moveset data because I see a lot of NPC trainers without their pokemon movesets listed. The only thing is I don't know much about editing wiki pages so I could gather the moveset information but would need help editing the pages.
    What Route pages have movesets for NPCs? Note that some pages will have them if the NPC is particularly notable, but otherwise, they shouldn't be listed.

  10. #2545

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Funktastic~! View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Hello! I'm new here! I was wondering if there were any groups working on getting the pokemon movesets for NPC trainers in Pokemon X/Y?

    Articles for routes in some of the older games include the movesets of all the NPC trainer's pokemon, and I found that info very useful when I was going through the games.

    Is there any group working on this for Gen 6? If not I would really like to get started gathering moveset data because I see a lot of NPC trainers without their pokemon movesets listed. The only thing is I don't know much about editing wiki pages so I could gather the moveset information but would need help editing the pages.
    What Route pages have movesets for NPCs? Note that some pages will have them if the NPC is particularly notable, but otherwise, they shouldn't be listed.
    Oh! Well I guess the route 22 from Gen 2 I checked just happened to have Blue listed a bunch of times and I didn't realise that movesets are listed for notable trainers. So it's intentional that none of the minor NPCs skills are listed? Is the data not being stored on any page for inquiring minds like me? To be honest I first became interested when I saw a gym trainer's pokemon use a move I'd never seen before and I forgot to look and see what the moves name was. Still don't know what that move was...

    I can understand it might create clutter to put the movesets for every pokemon on every route page, but is there no other way the data might be stored for reference?
    Last edited by Seren; 9th May 2014 at 01:54 AM.

  11. #2546

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    One problem I noticed with Bulbapedia after not having gone on the site for a few months is that the XY Pokemon sprites still hasn't been uploaded by anyone. Anyone planning on uploading them soon? o_o

  12. #2547
    Sleep tight Isamu Akai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,221
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    Someone should update the Kalos Route 18 article, or at least flag it as such, specifically with Inver's items. Turns out the items are actually given out based on how many super effective hits you land, which someone already added onto the talk page, but nothing has been done since. I was falsely led to believe that the items were given out randomly, which as it turns out, they are not. The wiki shouldn't be giving out false assumptions like this.


    Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

  13. #2548

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    Quote Originally Posted by DaPandaBear View Post
    One problem I noticed with Bulbapedia after not having gone on the site for a few months is that the XY Pokemon sprites still hasn't been uploaded by anyone. Anyone planning on uploading them soon? o_o
    Little has changed since you last posted, we have a member who managed to get their hands on a capture device and they should be uploaded soon. As said to you before, it's not a simple process, and remembering that we don't condone theft off other websites and everyone who participates on the wiki is volunteers who have their own lives and don't necessarily have the time to go through and get over 700 images. They will be up when they are up.

  14. #2549

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Spriteit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DaPandaBear View Post
    One problem I noticed with Bulbapedia after not having gone on the site for a few months is that the XY Pokemon sprites still hasn't been uploaded by anyone. Anyone planning on uploading them soon? o_o
    Little has changed since you last posted, we have a member who managed to get their hands on a capture device and they should be uploaded soon. As said to you before, it's not a simple process, and remembering that we don't condone theft off other websites and everyone who participates on the wiki is volunteers who have their own lives and don't necessarily have the time to go through and get over 700 images. They will be up when they are up.
    Okay, thanks for filling me on the info! Sorry if I sound impatient, just confirming for myself that the task hasn't been forgotten yet.

    But I do have one suggestion. I noticed that the Emerald sprites for every Pokemon are animated but not the sprites for any Pokemon after that (DPPt & HGSS use very similar mechanics for animation as Emerald did). I was wondering if people think it's a good idea (or a possible idea) to include the animations for the Pokemon sprites in DPPt & HGSS and in Generation V games, include the Pokemon's constant movements in their animations. And when the Generation VI Pokemon sprites get uploaded eventually, include their animations too. Idk, it seems like a reasonable idea to me but I just wanted to know what everyone else thought.

  15. #2550

    Lightbulb Volt tackle in Pokepark Wii!

    I'm unsure as to if anyone else knows this, but in 'pokepark wii: Pikachu's adventure' Pikachu actually does know 4 moves. every player knows about quick attack (dashing into opponents with 1), thunderbolt (press and release A) and the unlockable Iron tail (shake the wii remote), however I have found out that volt tackle is a usable move. if holding A as if to charge thunderbolt, then using quick attack while still holding A, you preform volt tackle. while outside of battles this has no benefits, and in fact hinders most players, as most players use their left thumb for the D-Pad and the A button, making it harder to steer. however, in a battle situation, quick attack is essentially quick attack, but with more damage. if a staff member could add this to the wiki, that would be great. if necessary, you can try it yourself! I am unsure if this still exists in pokepark 2, as I don't own it, but still.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •