Page 167 of 171 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 2553

Thread: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Bulbapædist Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Quote Originally Posted by Aviator Zero View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Force Fire View Post
    No, we plan on keeping the artwork in the evobox even after the models have been uploaded.
    Sorry, one last inquiry. Will the XY models go in the main Sprites table, or something else? I'd like to see them along with the other 3D models in their own table on each Pokémon's page.
    This is still being decided however they will most likely go in a new table with previous models

Pokemon Lover
    Post Thanks / Like

The existence of this thread makes my request so much easier!

I'm blind, and therefore I love how Bulbapedia provides physical descriptions of the Pokemon! Not all of the Gen VI Pokemon have been described as yet, but I know they will be eventually. However, I'm wondering if there will be descriptions of the Mega Evolutions on the pages for the Pokemon who have them. I would really appreciate it if this was done, as I am a fanfiction writer as well as blind and having those details at my fingertips in case I needed to reference something in my writing would be wonderful.

On a related note, there are things I've looked up, hoping for a description of their appearance, however brief, and have found that there isn't one on the site. These include berries, evolutionary items and TMs (The latter's different colours for each type are all I'm really trying to find out). I know the staff do a ton of work every day on all areas of the site, and I'm only one person, and most users are sighted and can look at the pictures, but it would be nice if the berries, for example, were given a brief, concise description like the Pokemon do. It doesn't even need to be that long, just a couple of sentences giving approximate shape, colour and texture where applicable, and maybe a description of the tree as well, just as brief. I hope nobody is offended by my suggestions, as I would really appreciate them. The descriptions of the Pokemon allow me to visualise them and the same would be true for berries and other items if they had little descriptions as well. I'm not talking about the one-line descriptions from the games. They aren't very informative in the areas I mean at all.

If there are reasons these things haven't been done, just tell me and I'll drop it, though I will be sad if nothing can be done about it.

PotentiaSapientiaAudacia Aviator Zero's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Visit Aviator Zero's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by The Imaginatrix View Post
    The existence of this thread makes my request so much easier!
    I'm blind, and therefore I love how Bulbapedia provides physical descriptions of the Pokemon! Not all of the Gen VI Pokemon have been described as yet, but I know they will be eventually. However, I'm wondering if there will be descriptions of the Mega Evolutions on the pages for the Pokemon who have them. I would really appreciate it if this was done, as I am a fanfiction writer as well as blind and having those details at my fingertips in case I needed to reference something in my writing would be wonderful.
    On a related note, there are things I've looked up, hoping for a description of their appearance, however brief, and have found that there isn't one on the site. These include berries, evolutionary items and TMs (The latter's different colours for each type are all I'm really trying to find out). I know the staff do a ton of work every day on all areas of the site, and I'm only one person, and most users are sighted and can look at the pictures, but it would be nice if the berries, for example, were given a brief, concise description like the Pokemon do. It doesn't even need to be that long, just a couple of sentences giving approximate shape, colour and texture where applicable, and maybe a description of the tree as well, just as brief. I hope nobody is offended by my suggestions, as I would really appreciate them. The descriptions of the Pokemon allow me to visualise them and the same would be true for berries and other items if they had little descriptions as well.
    If that isn't... the most beautiful... thing... I've ever read. It's amazing. I don't mean to emphasize your condition, but it just really struck me how different Pokémon must be for you. Sorry for being dramatic, but Pokémon holds a special place in my childhood and fantasies. It's a whole other world, ya know? Friends, amazing creatures, and vibrant environments that stimulate the imagination.
    I'll try my best to give you accurate descriptions of Pokémon and Berries. When I start doing them, you can them check out at this link: User contributions for IWannaBeTheVeryBest - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Pokemon Lover
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aviator Zero View Post
    If that isn't... the most beautiful... thing... I've ever read. It's amazing. I don't mean to emphasize your condition, but it just really struck me how different Pokémon must be for you. Sorry for being dramatic, but Pokémon holds a special place in my childhood and fantasies. It's a whole other world, ya know? Friends, amazing creatures, and vibrant environments that stimulate the imagination.
    I'll try my best to give you accurate descriptions of Pokémon and Berries. When I start doing them, you can them check out at this link: User contributions for IWannaBeTheVeryBest - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia
    Thank you for saying that! I feel so warm and fuzzy right now. :D
    Pokemon is awesome. They could keep making new ones forever, and I'd be perfectly happy if they keep at it for many years to come. I personally want them to reach at least 1000 Pokemon before they even think of stopping! They're so awesome!
    And I love the descriptions Bulbapedia already provides. I read the entry for Vulpix and wish I could hug one. I read the entry for Altaria and wish I could be hugged by one. That sounds so wonderful. It helps having a vivid imagination. :D

Registered User Mastercreeper117's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Addition to Trivia under Iron Fist (Ability) Page

I would suggest adding information on why the move Poison Jab is not under the Punching Moves Category.

Post Thanks / Like
    Follow Rusty On Twitter
    Visit Rusty's Youtube Channel

Greetings and salutations fellow Pokemon trainers :)

I was directed here by the helpful person/people who run the twitter page for Bulbapedia.

I would like to discuss/acknowledge some mechanics in gen 5/6 that upon review on multiple sites there is no mention.

So... it revolves around the three "Pledge" moves: Fire Pledge, Grass Pledge and Water Pledge and there use in double/triple battles. Myself and a few friends have been in competitive pokemon for a while now and we tend to notice the trends pretty well. A new trend of late is to lead with a Chlorophyll Venusaur and Charizard (that later Mega Evolves into Mega Charizard Y). Using Dorught's ability, on turn 2 of a battle Venusaur would use Grass Pledge as it was fastest. Following this immediately was Charizard Y with Fire Pledge.

The problem here is that Charizard seems to be out-speeding Pokemon that it normally shouldn't when using a move. In the two videos that I will write at the bottom, one shows Charizard out-speeding a Garchomp on turn 3, where on turn 2 Garchomp was faster and in the other, Charizard going before an Alakazam. The mechanics involved that I can see is that the Pledge moves seem to have some sort of priority attached when used in a double/triple battle where no matter when the first pledge move is made, the second goes straight after. This means that in essence, as long as the fastest Pokémon on the field goes first, it's partner will always go second.

If anyone can shed some light on this that would be great. I have checked all three "Pledge" move pages and move priority page here on Bulbapedia and other sites, and nothing is noted about it. I am asking now because this trend of using Grass Pledge and Fire Pledge is seeing a lot of competitive play, and would like some guidance on this topic. Any help/information would be greatly appreciated.

Battle Video #1: E62W-WWWW-WWW3-8U6L (is the battle with Garchomp)
    Battle Video #2: CCYW WWWW WWW3 78KR (is the battle with Alakazam)

PS. Sorry for my ramblings... I haven't had sleep in days. I hope I have made some sense.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

As I've been adding sprites that go unused in the Archives onto some Pokémon's articles, I've noticed something. In each Pokémon's Other Sprites section, what should the colors be? Here's a pic of the three variations I've seen on Bulbapedia. I recently changed Bulbasaur's colors from the second one listed here to the first, as the lighter green matches the main Sprites box more. However, most of the Other Sprites boxes of other Pokémon were version 3 (a color scheme used in the Evolution box) before I started changing them. Before I go any further, what should be standard? I like version 1.

untitled.png

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea thread

Hey I was browsing the chesnaught page and noticed that spikes is said to come from delibird but there was nothing on the delibird page about it getting spikes. I know smeargle can get chesnaught can breed spikes onto chesnaught.

Post Thanks / Like

I apologize if something like this has been suggested before, but what if a pokemon's formes and megas could be displayed through tabs, like how this other wiki does?

This could be used to show different artworks of a pokemon or trainer in different generations or styles, too. Furthermore, this could used for moves, to see how they're animated in different generations as opposed to putting all of that at the bottom of the page.

Saint Faith Kogoro's Avatar Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shrewstur View Post
    I apologize if something like this has been suggested before, but what if a pokemon's formes and megas could be displayed through tabs, like how this other wiki does?

This could be used to show different artworks of a pokemon or trainer in different generations or styles, too. Furthermore, this could used for moves, to see how they're animated in different generations as opposed to putting all of that at the bottom of the page.
    Those tabs require that all content within them load before they compress, it's not something reasonable to do with images as it only serves to increase the time it takes for the article to load and display correctly. Such issues would be extremely apparent in regards to move animations, as the files are quite large in size.

We would certainly like to be able to offer larger alternate form artwork/move images in the infoboxes, but we haven't been able to secure a method that doesn't come with larger hindrances than benefits. This is one of many factors as to why we recently applied the small thumbnails for alternate forms, in order to constantly supply the means to view the alternate forms.

Post Thanks / Like

Can someone update the sugimori arts for Trevenant, Bergmite, Avalugg, and Gourgeist....I click on them and I get this REALLY LQ picture of them >.<

Saint Faith Kogoro's Avatar Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Solarblade View Post
    Can someone update the sugimori arts for Trevenant, Bergmite, Avalugg, and Gourgeist....I click on them and I get this REALLY LQ picture of them >.<
    I've sent a purge request to the cache for those four files. If they don't appear the same as the current versions on the Archives within 24 hours of this post, let me know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Someone who knows how to make images of math formulas like this should replace that image with one that has two more factors, "p" and "f" (the former is the same as was in Gen V, for Exp Point Power; the latter I invented for affection), being multiplied in the numerator. This is to update the formula to be able to calculate Gen VI Exp gain. I wasn't able to test "p" (Exp Point Power), but I'm fairly sure that's how it works.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I tried to do a simple edit to Sweet Scent (move)#Outside of battle, and I got this message:
    This action has been automatically identified as harmful, and therefore disallowed. If you believe your action was constructive, please inform an administrator of what you were trying to do. A brief description of the abuse rule which your action matched is: Vandal filter 2
    When I tried to do as it suggested and bring the problem to an admin, I got the exact same message when I tried to submit the edit to the user's talk page.

Now, I can also see that there have been absolutely NO edits to Bulbapedia in the last couple hours, which is pretty unusual. (One talk page appears to have been created, but maybe that's a bit different...) Maybe this "filter" is running rampant?

For the record, all I was trying to change on Sweet Scent's page was:
    Sweet Scent causes wild Pokémon to appear when used as a [[field move (main series)|field move]], provided there are clear [[weather conditions]] and the player is standing in an area where wild Pokémon would normally appear.
    to
    Sweet Scent causes wild Pokémon to appear when used as a [[field move (main series)|field move]], provided the player is standing in an area where wild Pokémon would normally appear and (since [[Generation IV]]) there are clear [[weather conditions]].
    I can't imagine why that would match a vandalism rule.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlywinks View Post
    I tried to do a simple edit to Sweet Scent (move)#Outside of battle, and I got this message:
    This action has been automatically identified as harmful, and therefore disallowed. If you believe your action was constructive, please inform an administrator of what you were trying to do. A brief description of the abuse rule which your action matched is: Vandal filter 2
    I can't imagine why that would match a vandalism rule.
    This also happened to me on New Year's Eve. I've never seen it before or since, so I dunno.