Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 2537
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Blog Entries

Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Quote Originally Posted by Spriteit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlywinks View Post

We'd rather you didn't as then you aren't really improving the situation at all, just making it worst by making assumptions or making it harder to find those that are missing.
    ...How would it be easier to find random red links than it would be to find a bunch of names in a category like "Uncertain Romanizations"? I'd say that much would be a slight improvement.

As for making assumptions, I would count it better for the average user of the site - i.e., not an editor (of any stripe or experience), and someone we can expect to be an English speaker and completely unable to read raw Japanese names. And I would consider a mark to denote those names as uncertain sufficient to deter assumptions that that's the absolute right name.
    Random Redlinks because we already have a category that lists all the Wanted templates, as for the names, personally I find it better to have the templates there, if not only cause at least then the raw Japanese name is there for people who can read it. But we'll see what other staff say, or you can bring it up with one of the staff members on the pedia who frequently update those names.
    Ohh...I was only aware of the general Wanted Pages category, which has much more dross. It's still just a wash, at best, though.

I'll see sometime if I can perhaps find one of those staff who deals with those names, then.

Battle Pike Champion HoennMaster's Avatar

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but I can't seem to add or remove pages from my watchlist by clicking the Watch/Unwatch button on a page. It always comes up with an error message.

Bulbapædist Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff

We'd rather you didn't as then you aren't really improving the situation at all, just making it worst by making assumptions or making it harder to find those that are missing.
    ...How would it be easier to find random red links than it would be to find a bunch of names in a category like "Uncertain Romanizations"? I'd say that much would be a slight improvement.

As for making assumptions, I would count it better for the average user of the site - i.e., not an editor (of any stripe or experience), and someone we can expect to be an English speaker and completely unable to read raw Japanese names. And I would consider a mark to denote those names as uncertain sufficient to deter assumptions that that's the absolute right name.
    Random Redlinks because we already have a category that lists all the Wanted templates, as for the names, personally I find it better to have the templates there, if not only cause at least then the raw Japanese name is there for people who can read it. But we'll see what other staff say, or you can bring it up with one of the staff members on the pedia who frequently update those names.
    Ohh...I was only aware of the general Wanted Pages category, which has much more dross. It's still just a wash, at best, though.

I'll see sometime if I can perhaps find one of those staff who deals with those names, then.
    I suggest checking the other romanization templates, and seeing who has created them.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    Don't know if this has been mentioned, but I can't seem to add or remove pages from my watchlist by clicking the Watch/Unwatch button on a page. It always comes up with an error message.
    I can watch and unwatch fine, make sure your browser is up to date, if there is still an issue, post what browser your using and i'll poke one of the techs.

PotentiaSapientiaAudacia Aviator Zero's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Aviator Zero's Youtube Channel

I can watch and unwatch fine, make sure your browser is up to date, if there is still an issue, post what browser your using and i'll poke one of the techs.
    This has been happening to me as well. I can still manually delete them from "View and edit watchlist," however. I'm using Comodo Dragon (a variant of Chrome), which self-updates, but this only started about a week or two ago.

Bulbapædist Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Aviator Zero View Post
    This has been happening to me as well. I can still manually delete them from "View and edit watchlist," however. I'm using Comodo Dragon (a variant of Chrome), which self-updates, but this only started about a week or two ago.
    Myself and four other staff members tested on a few different browsers. One had an issue on an outdated version of Chrome, otherwise everything tested fine. We try to get all our stuff to work with the three most widely used browsers as best we can (IE, Firefox and Chrome). Unfortunately we can't cater to absolutely everyone. HM, try updating to a current version, as for you Aviator, try insuring that Comodo is up to date.

Rawr! Berrenta's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Blog Entries

I have the same issue. The browser I'm using usually is Internet Explorer 9. My iPhone's Safari browser also gives error messages.
    X/3DS FC: 1289 8751 6620 In-game name: Karen
    Claims: Nidoqueen, Mawilite, Hondew Berry, Fiery Dance, Flower Veil
    Claims (other): Luke Triton (Professor Layton), Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4)

Skyworld Warriors, a Kid Icarus fan club
    Friend Safari: Poison (Kakuna, Swalot, Whirlipede)

''Memento Mori''

I've got a small but annoying problem using the forums. When using the mobile site, if I'm looking at a list of threads like the xy section, I can only go straight to the first page of any thread. Pressing the blue arrow that's supposed to take me to the last page doesn't work, leaving me to have to then wait for the first page to load before then clicking on the last page number. Any help would be much appreciated :)

Sphere Hunter Kogoro's Avatar Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HRRlion View Post
    I've got a small but annoying problem using the forums. When using the mobile site, if I'm looking at a list of threads like the xy section, I can only go straight to the first page of any thread. Pressing the blue arrow that's supposed to take me to the last page doesn't work, leaving me to have to then wait for the first page to load before then clicking on the last page number. Any help would be much appreciated :)
    This thread is for issues regarding Bulbapedia. Issues regarding the forums should be posted here.

Battle Pike Champion HoennMaster's Avatar

I'm already using the latest version of Firefox. Don't know if this helps or not, but the problem started shortly after the website was unlocked a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPandaBear View Post
    Attachment 91389For the Kalos Pokemon sprites, instead of using the official artwork, how about using images like the one I posted to this message? It would help in not causing the pictures to bloat up (like the current roster for opponents' teams of Kalos).
    Going off of what I said before, for the icons for Generation VI Pokemon, wouldn't it be better if, rather than what we have now (I don't even know what they are) can't we use icons like these: Attachment 91564?
    Where did you get that image, if it's custom made then no, if you took it from another website then no, that's theft.
    I used the images that I just posted from Serebii and Marriland, respectively, just to use as examples for my suggestion. I never suggested we steal from other websites, just using examples in order to demonstrate that it's possible to have better images and icons for Generation VI Pokemon than the ones we have now. If those websites can generate those images, then so can Bulbapedia; we just need some people who are good with generating images and computers to provide those images for us (aka, not me, I'm very impaired when it comes to those things).
    It's a lot more complicated then that unfortunately, whereas in previous generations it was a simple task. We are well aware that the sprites have their own game models and menu sprites, we just can't access them. Getting the images would have been the first thing we'd done if we could, we just don't have the hardware to do it (not to mention the hardware is expensive, especially for a non-profit website).
    But we are still planning on getting them eventually, right?

Bulbapedia Administrator Force Fire's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Yes, we are still planning to get them. We just need someone with the hardware to get the sprites/models from the game.

Team Black

Team White

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Force Fire View Post
    Yes, we are still planning to get them. We just need someone with the hardware to get the sprites/models from the game.
    Assuming we have them, will the images of the models replace the official artwork present in evolution tables?
    So far, I haven't seen any individual models uploaded, just screenshots of moves.

Bulbapedia Administrator Force Fire's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

No, we plan on keeping the artwork in the evobox even after the models have been uploaded.

Team Black

Team White

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Force Fire View Post
    No, we plan on keeping the artwork in the evobox even after the models have been uploaded.
    Sorry, one last inquiry. Will the XY models go in the main Sprites table, or something else? I'd like to see them along with the other 3D models in their own table on each Pokémon's page.

Blog Entries

Which 2 EVs? Going from 1 Attack to 2, or more likely, 1 Attack and 1 Speed?
    Sorry for the late response, Wathog goes from 1 Attack to 2 Attack EVs B2/W2 onwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellwarden View Post
    So....everyone is happy that a "Deux Ex Machina" is being taken down with another Deux Ex Machina....
    Quote Originally Posted by Iteru
    You know, it would be hilarious if Harley did get a sex change and became Langley.
    Youtube account, DA account, SerebiiForums account, Tinypic account, Imageshack account, Photobucket account,Smogon account, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0