BULBAPEDIA: Suggestions, ideas, and problems - Page 164
Page 164 of 177 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 2647

Thread: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Default Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea/problem thread

I've got the Pokédex entries for Gastly's evolution family in Pokémon X if i could edit their pages.

Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Hey guys, the editing restrictions for the general wiki has been lifted but not the archives. When will the editing restrictions on the archives be lifted?

This world is merciless Pokemaster97's Avatar Bulbanews Senior WriterArchives StaffBulbapedia StaffModerator
    Blog Entries

Visit Pokemaster97's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by DaPandaBear View Post
    Hey guys, the editing restrictions for the general wiki has been lifted but not the archives. When will the editing restrictions on the archives be lifted?
    A few more tasks need to be completed on the Archives before it's ready to open again.

Hello, people. I just want to know if there are any plans to get "sprites" (I know these are 3D models) for the Pokémon in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. To be honest, I'm not liking the idea of artwork being used in the "Party" template for characters in the newer games, since it's inconsistent with characters from previous generations, and it's entirely possible to get screenshots of the Pokémon for X and Y from either the in-game summary or Pokédex entries (just like menusprites as well).
    Unlike Sarah Natochenny, our current voice actor for Ash is not a sound-alike. The character's personality has also severely changed due to the voice actor switch.
    Please sign on "FIRMAR", and help us make Ash Ketchum's voice actor return! We Latin American fans would really appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Gabo 2oo View Post
    Hello, people. I just want to know if there are any plans to get "sprites" (I know these are 3D models) for the Pokémon in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. To be honest, I'm not liking the idea of artwork being used in the "Party" template for characters in the newer games, since it's inconsistent with characters from previous generations, and it's entirely possible to get screenshots of the Pokémon for X and Y from either the in-game summary or Pokédex entries (just like menusprites as well).
    But isn't the problem that we can't get direct images from the game other than a capture card which is very expensive and I'm pretty sure illegal? There are sites that have direct screenshots and screenshots of models but most of them won't allow the use of their images.

MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM | ALSO KNOWN AS S2DAAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

Quote Originally Posted by s2daam View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabo 2oo View Post
    But isn't the problem that we can't get direct images from the game other than a capture card which is very expensive and I'm pretty sure illegal? There are sites that have direct screenshots and screenshots of models but most of them won't allow the use of their images.
    ^Hit the problem right on the head, it's not that we don't want to, but we don't have the technology to get that stuff.

In the Pokemon articles we should eventually get information on every Pokemon's preferred or hated places to be petted.

Blog Entries

Not sure if this is the right thread to post this but since I do find this a little note-worthy, the Pokemon-Amie page mentions that it is a way of raising friendship, but I noticed while testing this out on an Eevee that this was not the case. I maxed out an Eevee's full 5 hearts, then leveled up during the night (it did not know a Fairy move, so the possibility of Sylveon was eliminated), and found that it still did not evolve into an Umbreon. Thus it would appear that Pokemon-Amie does not actually raise friendship, and that friendship and 'Affection' are completely separate things.

The Pokemon-Amie page mentions both friendship and Affection inter-changeably. I don't think there are any other articles that use them synonymously, though it appears that these two things may need some kind of distinction between them. They're easy to confuse.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Wasn't sure where else to put this. Is it ok to put Friend Safari as a location in the "Game Location" section of Pokémon pages? I wasn't sure how the admins wanted to handle Friend Safari since it differs people to people.

#1 Magnemite fan MAGNEDETH's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Follow MAGNEDETH On Twitter

this has been a source of discussion among the staff. as of right now, no, do not put it down.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/w/index.php?title=Pokédex#Generation_VI
    Should this change how we color-code Generations in tables and such? Currently Gen II is light green, Gen VI is dark red, etc.

Just curious: How are you planning on depicting each Pokémon's 3D model from X/Y on their respective pages?

The new Pokémon Infobox seems to be handling Flabébé's forms poorly. I typed in the following:

Code:
    forme=5 |
    forme1=Red flower |
    forme2=Blue flower |
    forme3=Yellow flower |
    forme4=White flower |
    forme5=Orange flower |
    image=669Flabébé-Red.png |
    image2=669Flabébé Blue Flower Dream.png |
    image3=669Flabébé Yellow Flower Dream.png |
    image4=669Flabébé White Flower Dream.png |
    image5=669Flabébé Orange Flower Dream.png |
    And I'm getting this:

capture.png

Big claimin'
    Cresselia (Pokémon)
    Colette Brunel [Tales of Symphonia] and Yuri Lowell [Tales of Vesperia] (Video game characters)

A lot of the Unova locations are missing a full map. I can understand if getting maps isn't entirely straightforward because of the perspective... But there are a few locations that have great maps. Why are there only a few of those? If I wanted to provide good, high quality maps like on Route 17, Accumula Town, and Mistralton Cave for all of the Unova locations, what would I need to do? Does anyone here know? Or maybe I'd do better to ask somewhere more technically inclined...?

As an alternative, I wonder whether it might be acceptable (in some cases) to just use a GIF of a player running around a location as a map. For simpler locations, I think that would be pretty serviceable.

We need a "current version" thing for the X and Y pages.

Well, I will try again. There's wrong information on this page:
    Duplica - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia
    It says Duplica's Brazilian voice actors are Marisol Ribeiro and Letícia Quinto, but only Letícia Quinto voiced Duplica in both episodes indeed. You can confirm that information here: Pokemon Universo: Elenco de Dublagem
    Someone can argue it's a fansite, not an official media, but I am sure that the person who added Marisol Ribero has used a fansite too, since there is no official media to confirm that information, Marisol Ribeiro never voiced Duplica and most of Brazilian fansites really copy information (even if it's wrong) from other fansites.
    I could fix it by myself, but I didn't find any way to do it on the page, so I need someone to fix it. I could also prove it's Letícia Quinto with episode videos (it would be better if there was someone who understands Brazilian Portuguese to help). Her voice is very easy to identify, since she voiced a lot of famous anime characters in Brazil.
    I am just trying to help. If this is not the right place to do it, please tell me where I should post it.
    Last edited by Hatelace; 1st November 2013 at 03:38 PM.