BULBAPEDIA: Suggestions, ideas, and problems - Page 162
Page 162 of 174 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 2600

Thread: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Re: Garchomp & Lucario

Problem: Extraneous category wikicode at start of article. It starts off with double square brackets.

This trivia point in the Dragon entry is misleading or wrong:
    The Dragon-type generally resists the types of main-series Starter Pokémon types, with the exception of the Poison-type, which is Bulbasaur's secondary type.
    Presumably this is talking about Grass, Fire, and Water (and the occasional Electric). However, it is unclear if it is only referring to the aforementioned types themselves (correct), the entire evolutionary family of those types (wrong), or just the unevolved form of those Pokémon (misleading).

It should either be edited to say that it resists the primary types of main-series Starter Pokémon, that it only resists the types of their unevolved forms, or it should also include Flying, Fighting, Ground, and Steel. I've provided better wordings for all possibilities below.

The Dragon-type resists the primary types of the main-series starter Pokémon.
    The Dragon-type resists the types of all unevolved main-series starter Pokémon, with the exception of Poison, which is Bulbasaur's secondary type.
    The Dragon-type resists the types of main-series starter Pokémon, with the exception of Poison, Flying, Fighting, Ground, and Steel.
    Personally, I think the first wording is the best and what the original author meant, but the second works as well. The third just sort of seems arcane, and is implied using either of the other of the two wordings.

Fiery passion that burns~ Kogoro's Avatar Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by astromath View Post
    Re: Garchomp & Lucario

Problem: Extraneous category wikicode at start of article. It starts off with double square brackets.
    Looks like there was a small problem with the new infobox, thank you for the report.

Old Rod (Neo Revelation 64) is missing interwikis to de:Angel (TCG) and zh:破烂的钓竿(TCG)

(I hope, this is the right place, to report this, as I can't fix it at the moment.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mecanno-man View Post
    Old Rod (Neo Revelation 64) is missing interwikis to de:Angel (TCG) and zh:破烂的钓竿(TCG)

(I hope, this is the right place, to report this, as I can't fix it at the moment.)
    YUP! This is the place. I took care of them.

Quote Originally Posted by pattyman View Post
    Officer Jenny's Growlithe used Flamethrower in the Cilan and Brock episode special so that should be marked as a recent move in the Officer Jenny's Growlithe article. Also, the Gyarados from said episode used Outrage (eyes glowed red, red aura surrounded it, and went on rampage) so that should be added in the Outrage page.
    This has been left out. I don't have any admin powers on the Bulbapedia side to change it myself during the lockdown.

Looks like that besides the new special change of the numbering of the Kalos dex having three special sections going to affect the regional numbering for the Kalos Pokemon on the National Pokedex list page but also the trivia point one the New Unova Pokedex listing has got to go since the Kalos dex now outranks it in the largest number of Pokemon. For the National Pokedex page I was thinking that while their official Kalos numbering be used, wikicode could be used too to identify which of the three Pokedex listings it comes from.

While I may not be able to help during the lockdown, I would at least like to make this suggestion.

New here, and would like to contribute my findings.

In Gen VI, the new maximum EV for individual stats is 252 (down from 255). The total maximum is still 510. The effort value page needs to be updated to reflect this.

Regarding type effectiveness on Pokemon pages, may I suggest that the Generation V ones be kept, linked to the same way previous generation move sets are? Quite a lot of Pokemon have had their type effectiveness changed due to the new buffs and the addition of Fairy.

Blog Entries

I'm not sure if Pokemon origins are also being edited during the lockdown, but I have a bit of a suggestion.

Bunnelby's origin reads that it could either be based on a rabbit or a hare. While rabbits and hares are very similar to each other, they're actually quite different. Notably, while rabbits dig and live underground in burrows and tunnels, hares actually live in nests above ground. Since Bunnelby's key trait is obviously of digging, I find it much more likely that it was based on a rabbit specifically and doesn't really have anything to do with hares. Perhaps this could be edited?

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

I'm not sure where to put this, but I've typed out all of the lyrics for the latest opening song of the XY anime. I'm not sure on the title, but here are the lyrics. I'm not sure when editing will be open again or when the page for this opening will be made, so I thought I'd leave them here for now.

ドラゴン ゴースト じめん ひこう
    どく むし みず でんき いわ くさ あく
    こおり ノーマル ほのう かくとう
    はがね エスパー フェアリー
    さぁ ここからが冒険だ 光の先の果てまで
    空からこぼれた 涙の雨かき分けて
    さぁ 勇気出して行こうか 昨日の僕に勝つため
    どんな出会いも宝だ
    ドキ ドキ ドキ チャレンジャー
    いつか必ず 叶える夢がある
    君が教えてくれたのさ そう だきらこう旅に出る
    赤い絆の輪が デカく広がったら
    確かな事 元気もすぐ みんなに届くのさ
    青い僕らの星の希望は輝いて
    黄色い花がさく
    ドラゴン ゴースト じめん ひこう
    どく むし みず でんき いわ くさ あく
    こおり ノーマル ほのう かくとう
    はがね エスパー フェアリー

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I had a brief look at the Dark type and the Ghost type pages in the wiki and I think an update underneath the defensive on both pages is required regarding the new Fairy type.

Additionally, Pokémon that are both Dark-type and Ghost-type have no weaknesses to any moves of any type (excluding Fighting-type moves used under immunity-negating conditions such as Ring Target or Scrappy), as the resistances of the Dark type cover the weaknesses of Ghost, and vice-versa.
    The weaknesses of the Ghost type are covered by the resistances of the Dark type, and vice-versa, so their combination, seen in the Pokémon Sableye and Spiritomb, has no weaknesses. However, this does not make for a perfect Pokémon. There is always the possibility for the immunities of the Ghost- and Dark types to be removed via certain moves, such as Foresight, Odor Sleuth, and Miracle Eye, creating a weakness, or neutrality in the case of the latter. The lack of weaknesses is also offset by the lack of any resistances beyond resisting Poison (an uncommon type offensively) and the three immunities to Psychic, Fighting and Normal (which can be removed, as mentioned above).
    Why not say that up until the Fairy type were introduced, any Pokémon with Ghost/Dark type combination had no actual weakness?
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

Aw, please... :/

Blog Entries
    Add Spyspotter on MySpace

Can someone edit the Pokémon Controversy article and say that PETA has a new fake game called "Pokémon Red White and Blue"? And also it was introduced a few days before the release of Pokémon X and Y and that it features Nintendo's "association" with McDonald's.

Having a Smash Berrenta's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Blog Entries

It's nice to see the egg group pages to feature the Gen VI mons, but the Fairy egg group page has a bad case of the copy-paste. Flabébé and its evolutionary family are Fairy, not Electric or Normal, last time I checked. That is, unless if those flowers they wield have electric powers that we don't know about...

Edit: I see it's fixed now. Thanks!
    Last edited by Berrenta; 16th October 2013 at 04:27 PM.
    X/3DS FC: 1289 8751 6620 In-game name: Karen
    Claims: Nidoqueen, Mawilite, Hondew Berry, Fiery Dance, Flower Veil
    Claims (other): Luke Triton (Professor Layton), Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4)

Skyworld Warriors, a Kid Icarus fan club
    Friend Safari: Poison (Kakuna, Swalot, Whirlipede)