BULBAPEDIA: Suggestions, ideas, and problems - Page 159

Page 159 of 170 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 2536
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Quote Originally Posted by Kogoro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatMik View Post
    Well, i knew that sooner or later the question of the Formes would came out. Well, in my opinion, they also deserve a page on their own, for the same reasons I explained before.
    Has Bulbapedia a limited server space? Because if it has, so I can understand that parsimony of pages, but if it has not, so why don't create more pages? Formes and Mega Evolutions would have more focus and the result - for us readers - would be a better sectioned enciclopedy with more related images and more specific information.
    I mean, Bulbapedia is a Pokémon enciclopedy, isn't it? So what's the point in doing economy with species pages and then create thousands discutible (imo!) pages such us the shipping ones?

That's just my thoughts, I hope I won't offend anyone, and sorry again if my English isn't very good.
    It's not a lack of server space, or anything of the sort. The reason forms are part of the species articles is because they're the same species. Whether a Giratina is in its Altered Forme or Origin Forme, it's still a Giratina. Splitting the species articles up because of form differences would only prove to make things more difficult to find, as all of the alternate forms would be hidden under further links. Keeping them on the main species pages keeps them highly accessible. As you said, we're an encyclopedia, we don't want to bury our information under sub-pages if we can help it.
    Ok, I strongly agree with you, but then, if server space isn't a problem, so why don't do both the things?

I make an example, take Mewtwo:

It has its onw page, in which you write, as you did, "Mewtwo can Mega evolve via Mega Stone in MegaMewtwo" (with the name "MegaMewtwo" as an iperlink leading to its own page - as it is for normal evolutions), you put in the page all the conditions it needs to Mega Evolve (or change forme, if you take, for example, Deoxys) and then you continue to talk about normal Mewtwo, mentioning, when you need it, its Mega Evolution, keeping, in this way, the information still higly accessible. The you could create a chart in which its Mega Evolution/Forme Change is shown (just like normal evolution!), with links leading to the Mega Evolved/Forme Changed Pokémon.

It won't be difficult to find them - is difficult to find Forretress page in the Pineco one? I don't think so. Then I don't think this would bury information under sub-pages, but it would add more interesting and specific stuff to the encyclopedia.

Thanks!!! :)

Some suggestions on things I've been contemplating...

First, I really like the new Biology sections established in the latest Message from the Editor. I also like the fact that referencing sources is now required. Could sourcing be made more prevalent? Too often there are pieces of information with no way to figure out a source in, for example, the trivia section, and, before the change, the various Biology sections, and readers are left wondering where this and that was stated or was it stated at all. Sourcing could make the whole wiki more reliable and professional. It's very rarely that I see a references section in a Bulbapedia article. They exist, but a policy or help page on references could work wonders. Which brings me to ask if the Biology section sourcing could be done fully with footnotes instead of linking phrases to their sources. That's clumsy, doesn't look nice and is confusing, as it's not the way wikilinks should be used. I'd really like to see Bulbapedia embrace footnote-type references.

Secondly, another way to streamline the Pokémon (and other) articles would be to do some sort of "behind the scenes" sections. These could include the information from Origin and Name origin sections, plus if there's more on, for example, who designed a particular Pokémon, how they were created, if they're involved in something notable (for example, with Squirtle, the Niue coin thing), public reception, et cetera. (It would also expose the fact that the then-diminished trivia section is often unneeded.)

Thirdly... I posted about Bulbapedia using flags to mark languages on the main page's talk page a while back, I'll bring it up here now to possibly even get responses. "Why you should not use a flag as a symbol of language, Why flags do not represent languages. Specifically, Template:Epilang (there may be other cases, too) always makes me uncomfortable. I know you guys really like graphics and colors, but just... don't do it this time. Also, the links to the "respective" (that's some serious quotation marks I put there) 'Pokémon in [country]' pages..." —Me

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Werdnae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Funktastic~! View Post
    I believe the update to the infoboxes is going to have a place for alternate form artworks.
    The existing infobox doesn't handle images well - it can only show one image at any one time. In the mean time, the images are being uploaded to the archives, and can be found by following the "Artwork on Bulbagarden Archives" link in the external links section of the infobox. (This link will also be more prominent in the redesigned infobox.)
    Thanks for the replies, both of you. So, how about putting the Mega Evolutions artworks in an extra box like this? Preferably in a more noticeable place in the page.

Just a suggestion.

Default Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea thread

It would be cool to have an audio button on each pokemons bulbapedia page that when you press it the sound of the pokemon plays

PotentiaSapientiaAudacia Aviator Zero's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Aviator Zero's Youtube Channel

Recently I've tasked myself with looking at Pokémon sprites that aren't on that section of their pages. Today, for example, I found Flaaffy's Crystal back sprite alone in the Archives. I doubt I'll look through every Pokémon's image archive, so I hope someone can help me. That, and it's best if we replace the G/S sprite with the C one. Of course, since the main Sprites box is invisible when I edit that section, it's out of my power.

I've never really seen this explained anywhere, but what constitutes a "minor" edit? I made up my own rule that minor edits are ones that neither add nor remove info, but correct or reword. I'm just curious.

With the recent squaring of the Pokémon artwork, is there a standard size the images should be? I suggest something like 180-220, so then all images are the same size. I'd suggest also this wants to be done through a fixed size on the template page and then we delete the size=???px | parts of the Pokémon articles.

Of course, there is likely something to be put in place already, but just in case there hasn't, I'd thought I'd suggest this.
    WELCOME TO KALOS!

GET READY TO START A BRAND NEW ADVENTURE IN THE POKÉMON WORLD!

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by s2daam View Post
    With the recent squaring of the Pokémon artwork, is there a standard size the images should be? I suggest something like 180-220, so then all images are the same size. I'd suggest also this wants to be done through a fixed size on the template page and then we delete the size=???px | parts of the Pokémon articles.

Of course, there is likely something to be put in place already, but just in case there hasn't, I'd thought I'd suggest this.
    One dimension should have no gaps, while the other just uses transparency to match the other. Ideally, they would all be as close to the maximum 1280x1280 as possible. The images don't all need to be the same size as they are easily scaled.

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxMonster View Post

One dimension should have no gaps, while the other just uses transparency to match the other. Ideally, they would all be as close to the maximum 1280x1280 as possible. The images don't all need to be the same size as they are easily scaled.
    I meant in the infoboxes haha, like a fixed size in the infobox, not the image itself.
    WELCOME TO KALOS!

GET READY TO START A BRAND NEW ADVENTURE IN THE POKÉMON WORLD!

Sphere Hunter Kogoro's Avatar Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxMonster View Post

I meant in the infoboxes haha, like a fixed size in the infobox, not the image itself.
    We're currently working on a new version of the species infobox. All art used in it will be set to standard sizes when the new version goes live.

I was wondering if there could be a Category:Male Pokémon and a Category:Female Pokémon for Pokémon like Clefairy (MPJ) and Bulbasaur (MPJ).
    Last edited by Reshi643; 26th August 2013 at 08:08 PM.

Moderator Maverick Nate's Avatar Bulbanews Senior WriterBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator

Would it be worth adding a Prev/Next template to the 6 Generation pages? It would help not having to scroll all the way to the bottom to go from Gen IV to Gen V

PURPLE HERMIT! Chosen of Mana's Avatar Archives Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Chosen of Mana On Twitter

1. In response to the change in the five main region color templates, I would like to request permission to create of a Ransei color series, based on the three non-template hex colors used on the Pokémon Conquest page. I'm requesting this because I don't think the new Unova colors suit Ransei very much.

Ransei color: cdbc6c
    Ransei color light: f9e586
    Ransei color dark: cdbc6c

Failing that, I propose that the color scheme of Ransei be changed to "Arceus" because of the region's tie to the Pokémon, and the kingdoms that represent each type (save for Fairy).

2. On that subject, should Arceus receive a Fairy-type plate, I suggest the current Arceus color templates be moved to "Arceus17" for use in pages such as Arceus (M12) to reflect that the Fairy type did not exist in Generation IV and V, as well as the spin-off material related to those Generations. The original "Arceus" color templates would then be updated to include Fairy types.

Big claimin'
    Cresselia (Pokémon)
    Colette Brunel [Tales of Symphonia] and Yuri Lowell [Tales of Vesperia] (Video game characters)

I was reading the article Pokémon Summer Academy and I realized that in the part called "In the lake" they don't mention Lanturn, even though it appears in several pictures.

Here's the link: Pokémon Summer Academy - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Fish fingers and custard Werdnae's Avatar Former Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post
    I was reading the article Pokémon Summer Academy and I realized that in the part called "In the lake" they don't mention Lanturn, even though it appears in several pictures.

Here's the link: Pokémon Summer Academy - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia
    If I'm not mistaken, that is a Lanturn-shaped boat.
    Thanks Jo The Marten for the avatar.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
    Night will fall and drown the sun,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Friendship dies and true love lies,
    night will fall and the dark will rise,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Demons run, but count the cost.
    The battle's won, but the child is lost.

The Original Sylveon The Guardian Sylveon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

@SnorlaxMonster Here are a few of them...

~Slyveon Party Sprite Name:  Gen 6 Party Sprite 3.png
Views: 198
Size:  1.2 KB

~Clauncher Party Sprite Name:  Gen 6 Party Sprite 13.png
Views: 183
Size:  1.1 KB

~Pancham Party Sprite Name:  Gen 6 Party Sprite 15.png
Views: 188
Size:  855 Bytes

~Inkay Party Sprite Name:  Gen 6 Party Sprite 18.png
Views: 196
Size:  993 Bytes