Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 2537
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Red
    Blog Entries
    Follow Red On Twitter Add Red on Facebook Add Red on Google+
    Visit Red's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Question: This Pokémon quiz keeps popping up over articles, making it impossible for me to even read them (it blocks out a portion as I scroll). Is there to close these that I'm missing? Can I get rid of them?
    Y: COMING SOON
    BLACK: 4213-4161-1545
    SOULSILVER: 3741-1763-4063

-You're really irritating.
    -Does irritating mean 'fun'?

Blog Entries

I was looking at Pokemon listed by the IQ Group. In the trivia it says "However, Mawile is Fairy-type in Mega evolution". Close, but Mawile itself was re-typed with the Fairy typing, not just its Mega evolution. Someone mind fixing this?

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Hi! :)
    I don't agree with the decision of inserting Mega Evolutions in the pages of their respective pre-Mega evolved formes. I mean, they aren't permanent evolutions, but they do differ a lot from their normal formes and they change (not always, but is hinted they will) type and ability.

I use Bulbapedia in order to gain information about a specific Pokémon, when I need it, and if I want to learn about Mega Ampharos, i found myself in the normal Ampharos page that doesn't show me Mega Ampharos artwork, new type (ok, it's written, but it's not apparent in the frame as others double-typed Pokémon), new ability and, presumably, new attacks and stats.
    It would be also a pleasure, for collectioner-fans to have distinct pages for Pokémon and their Mega Evolution, because, in my opinion, some of them were designed to be normal Evolutions (I bet Mega Mawile would have been a normal one, but after the Mega invention, they switched it as a Mega in order to have more Megas), so they deserve their own Bulbapedia page! :)

I say that because I'm a great fan of Bulbapedia, and I really love its impagination, so I'd love to see Mega Pokémon have their own pages too!

Sorry for my English! Thank you!!!! :)

X does Y WITH AUTHORITY! fenyx4's Avatar

Visit fenyx4's Youtube Channel

Post Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Quote Originally Posted by Quirky Circuit View Post
    Question: This Pokémon quiz keeps popping up over articles, making it impossible for me to even read them (it blocks out a portion as I scroll). Is there to close these that I'm missing? Can I get rid of them?
    That's what I'm wondering; are those supposed to be legitimately all over Bulbapedia? To me, they looked like a spammy advert at first glance that's trying to impersonate Bulbapedia/Bulbanews... And I also see them constantly blocking text on Bulbanews, either forcing me to view the page's source or login in order to view properly...

Quote Originally Posted by GreatMik View Post
    Hi! :)
    I don't agree with the decision of inserting Mega Evolutions in the pages of their respective pre-Mega evolved formes. I mean, they aren't permanent evolutions, but they do differ a lot from their normal formes and they change (not always, but is hinted they will) type and ability.

I use Bulbapedia in order to gain information about a specific Pokémon, when I need it, and if I want to learn about Mega Ampharos, i found myself in the normal Ampharos page that doesn't show me Mega Ampharos artwork, new type (ok, it's written, but it's not apparent in the frame as others double-typed Pokémon), new ability and, presumably, new attacks and stats.
    Hmm...I'm waiting to see on what the refined implementation of Mega Evolutions will be on Bulbapedia, but I'm more of the opinion that they should have their own articles (or "sub-pages", like the PWT article has with certain tourneys) (mainly to detail exactly what the changes are compared to the "pre-evo" of the Mega Evolution) while still being mentioned in some areas of the original "species" page (such as in the "Evolution" flowchart section). The Mega Evolutions don't seem to be consistent (some retain original typing yet change Ability, some change typing but retain Ability, some change BOTH typing and Ability, not to mention how lots of the movesets and Base Stats are potentially altered), and the species pages are getting longer with more information already.

Quote Originally Posted by Funktastic~! View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bioness View Post
    I was surprised you didn't have one already but what might opinions be on a page for "Sprite Errors". This can include both physical ones like Koffing and Cloyster, as well as incorrect colors like Suicune and Spinarak.

I did notice there was an Anime animation errors page, though it has been kinda abandoned and is really incomplete. I feel Sprites would be easier without having to go through each Pokemon just to see if they have been consistent.
    There is a sprite errors page in the userspace right now: User:Vuvuzela2010/Sprite Errors - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia. Not sure how close it is to being in the mainspace, or if it'll be there at all, but yeah.
    Thanks for indicating that userspace work-in-progress page; I'm hoping it gets mainspaced at some point... It seems that "sprite errors & sprite variants" have been heavily discouraged (nowadays; moreso the errors) on Bulbapedia for some time, but I feel that they should be noted as a few of them are quite easy to miss at a glance unless you pay specific attention to things on the sprites (like shading, hue, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by s2daam View Post
    Speaking of the new announcement:

Is this something everyone can do? I really want to help around here but I'm more into the Archives side of things haha! But without powers on eitherside, the things I want to do can't be done, leading to me being useless most of the time when I have the time to help haha. So back to the original question, is it something that wants doing now by everyone or is it limited at a certain time and it would be preferred for a specific person or group of people to tackle?
    Everyone can help out is my thinking. There's a lot of Pokemon to be fixed up, and with all of the other things that may also need doing leading up to X and Y, having everyone help would be pretty ideal.
    Regarding the recent consolidation of the "Biology" section of Pokemon, I was fine with the previous system, but so far, the condensation seems to be somewhat alright, from what I saw on Bulbasaur's article. At first, I disagreed with the section's naming of simply "Biology" (as I tend to read 'biology' as synonymous to 'anatomy' a lot >_>), but seeing as a Pokemon's habitat is part of "biology" (as in, within the subset of ecology), I'm totally fine with the naming now. :) However, I really don't think it would hurt to have simple sub-headings of "Anatomy" and "Ecology" (for a Pokemon's design and residing area, respectively) to help clarify navigation (because on Bulbasaur's page at the moment, you have to read/skim a bit of the paragraph briefly to properly find where anatomy/gender differences and ecology are being described). Maybe "Special techniques" (I'm not inclined to 'Special abilities', so the theoretical section can be kept distinct from actual Pokemon Abilities) would be better, as well as "Diet" (unless I missed it or because it lacked such a section before, Bulbasaur is missing a 'Diet' entry at the moment). I'll try to help make the "Biology revamp" transition go smoother, if I can.

However, I also strongly disagree with the complete removal of the FireRed/LeafGreen habitat icons. I don't mind at all if the icon is removed from its "free-floating" position on the page, but it needs to be properly indicated somewhere on the page for the Pokemon that do have them. A small entry box for the habitat icon in the main infobox could suffice, IMO. I mean, not all Pokemon have Fiore or Almia browser numbers, yet those are still shown on the page (for Bulbasaur, at least). The FR/LG habitats are just as vital (if not more vital, as the Habitat Icons are from actual handheld main series games while the browser numbers derive from the spinoff Pokemon Ranger series).

Thanks for taking all of this into consideration.

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by fenyx4 View Post
    However, I also strongly disagree with the complete removal of the FireRed/LeafGreen habitat icons. I don't mind at all if the icon is removed from its "free-floating" position on the page, but it needs to be properly indicated somewhere on the page for the Pokemon that do have them. A small entry box for the habitat icon in the main infobox could suffice, IMO. I mean, not all Pokemon have Fiore or Almia browser numbers, yet those are still shown on the page (for Bulbasaur, at least). The FR/LG habitats are just as vital (if not more vital, as the Habitat Icons are from actual handheld main series games while the browser numbers derive from the spinoff Pokemon Ranger series).
    As someone who raised this objection in discussions of the biology revamp, I agree, but have an alternate plan for the FRLG habitat icons. I'm hoping to make a separate infobox like the spin-off one, and put minor info like FRLG habitat, Prop equip slots, color group, AR Code, etc. there. I'm just really good at putting things off, so I can't make any guarantees on a timeframe.
    fenyx4 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by fenyx4 View Post

Hmm...I'm waiting to see on what the refined implementation of Mega Evolutions will be on Bulbapedia, but I'm more of the opinion that they should have their own articles (or "sub-pages", like the PWT article has with certain tourneys) (mainly to detail exactly what the changes are compared to the "pre-evo" of the Mega Evolution) while still being mentioned in some areas of the original "species" page (such as in the "Evolution" flowchart section). The Mega Evolutions don't seem to be consistent (some retain original typing yet change Ability, some change typing but retain Ability, some change BOTH typing and Ability, not to mention how lots of the movesets and Base Stats are potentially altered), and the species pages are getting longer with more information already.
    I'm happy that my english has been good enough to make my opinion come through! :)
    I really agree with you, they really should have their own page with personalized template, artwork and so on.
    Thanks for answering! I hope that someone of the staff will take into consideration it too!

Sphere Hunter Kogoro's Avatar Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

At this time, there's simply not enough information regarding Mega Evolution to make a decision whether Mega Evolutions are new species, or simply another form change. That is why we have decided that, for now, Mega Evolution information is to be part of the normal species articles. If future reveals show that Mega Evolutions are more than just another form system, and that they do need additional pages, we'd split the Mega Evolutions off as such. But, we're certainly not there yet.
    SnorlaxMonster and fenyx4 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kogoro View Post
    At this time, there's simply not enough information regarding Mega Evolution to make a decision whether Mega Evolutions are new species, or simply another form change. That is why we have decided that, for now, Mega Evolution information is to be part of the normal species articles. If future reveals show that Mega Evolutions are more than just another form system, and that they do need additional pages, we'd split the Mega Evolutions off as such. But, we're certainly not there yet.
    Yes I know, but they still are really different from their non-mega formes. Just the fact that they undergo under a Type-change/addition makes them too much different from their own normal species.
    I hope they'll have their own pages!

Anyway, thanks for answering me! :)

Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

Yes I know, but they still are really different from their non-mega formes. Just the fact that they undergo under a Type-change/addition makes them too much different from their own normal species.
    I hope they'll have their own pages!

Anyway, thanks for answering me! :)
    Just of note, formes can also go through type changes. And base stat changes, moovepool changes, and nature changes. Land Shaymin, for one, changes all those things when it becomes Sky Shaymin, and that form lasts even outside of battle, unlike Megas. But there is no separate page for Sky Shaymin; both are on Shaymin's page. So just because it type changes (which some form-changes already do [Meloetta, Darmanitan, Rotom]), it's not enough to warrant its own article. So from what we currently know, it's not really that different from a form change and can be encompassed in an article with relative ease. But as Kogoro said, it might change depending.
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

Well, i knew that sooner or later the question of the Formes would came out. Well, in my opinion, they also deserve a page on their own, for the same reasons I explained before.
    Has Bulbapedia a limited server space? Because if it has, so I can understand that parsimony of pages, but if it has not, so why don't create more pages? Formes and Mega Evolutions would have more focus and the result - for us readers - would be a better sectioned enciclopedy with more related images and more specific information.
    I mean, Bulbapedia is a Pokémon enciclopedy, isn't it? So what's the point in doing economy with species pages and then create thousands discutible (imo!) pages such us the shipping ones?

That's just my thoughts, I hope I won't offend anyone, and sorry again if my English isn't very good.

Blog Entries

Shouldn't the Mega Evolutions artworks be added somewhere in their respective Pokémon pages?

PotentiaSapientiaAudacia Aviator Zero's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Aviator Zero's Youtube Channel

Has Bulbapedia a limited server space? Because if it has, so I can understand that parsimony of pages, but if it has not, so why don't create more pages?
    I mean, Bulbapedia is a Pokémon enciclopedy, isn't it? So what's the point in doing economy with species pages and then create thousands discutible (imo!) pages such us the shipping ones?
    That's just my thoughts, I hope I won't offend anyone, and sorry again if my English isn't very good.
    I don't think space isn't quite an issue, given that we literally only host text, images, links, and templates.
    I have no idea why shipping pages are allowed. Frankly, I think it harms our image.
    Dude, literally everything anyone posts on the forums is just their opinion. You don't have to apologize for it! And don't worry, we can understand you well enough.

The best Funktastic~!'s Avatar Bulbanews WriterBulbapedia Staff
    Follow Funktastic~! On Twitter
    Follow Funktastic~! on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Reila View Post
    Shouldn't the Mega Evolutions artworks be added somewhere in their respective Pokémon pages?
    I believe the update to the infoboxes is going to have a place for alternate form artworks.
    Reila likes this.

Sphere Hunter Kogoro's Avatar Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Well, i knew that sooner or later the question of the Formes would came out. Well, in my opinion, they also deserve a page on their own, for the same reasons I explained before.
    Has Bulbapedia a limited server space? Because if it has, so I can understand that parsimony of pages, but if it has not, so why don't create more pages? Formes and Mega Evolutions would have more focus and the result - for us readers - would be a better sectioned enciclopedy with more related images and more specific information.

It's not a lack of server space, or anything of the sort. The reason forms are part of the species articles is because they're the same species. Whether a Giratina is in its Altered Forme or Origin Forme, it's still a Giratina. Splitting the species articles up because of form differences would only prove to make things more difficult to find, as all of the alternate forms would be hidden under further links. Keeping them on the main species pages keeps them highly accessible. As you said, we're an encyclopedia, we don't want to bury our information under sub-pages if we can help it.

Fish fingers and custard Werdnae's Avatar Former Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

As an additional note, having the forms on the same page makes it a lot easier to compare them and see what the difference is. Anything that isn't labelled as specific for one form doesn't change between them, while everything that does change is labelled. On separate pages that would just become duplicate information, making it much harder to see what changed as you would need to switch between the pages and compare them manually. As a result, I believe that the form information is more useful on a single page than separated over two pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Reila View Post
    I believe the update to the infoboxes is going to have a place for alternate form artworks.
    The existing infobox doesn't handle images well - it can only show one image at any one time. In the mean time, the images are being uploaded to the archives, and can be found by following the "Artwork on Bulbagarden Archives" link in the external links section of the infobox. (This link will also be more prominent in the redesigned infobox.)
    fenyx4 likes this.
    Thanks Jo The Marten for the avatar.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
    Night will fall and drown the sun,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Friendship dies and true love lies,
    night will fall and the dark will rise,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Demons run, but count the cost.
    The battle's won, but the child is lost.