BULBAPEDIA: Suggestions, ideas, and problems - Page 150
Page 150 of 173 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 2582

Thread: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Quote Originally Posted by Aviator Zero View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IceBeam View Post
    I knew about the animated pngs, I meant that the pages for 5th gen sprites like this and 4th gen backsprites like this doesn't have the Barry template for some reason.
    I see. I'll go ahead and put Barry on those pages. If there are any others, please list them.
    So I don't think any of the Gen IV or V back sprites have the {{animated}} template (except for the D/P Duskull I just did), so that's 1142 image files (1-473 in Gen IV and 1-649 in Gen V) I don't plan to tackle.
    As for front sprites, not too many are animated png's. That's another 1142 image files needing review.

So I just did the two you requested, Gen IV Duskull back and Gen V Duskull front.
    You missed the shiny sprites. Regarding the 5th Gen sprites, can the sprites in this site be used in Bulbapedia? But those sprites are in GIF format, not PNG format.

Also is there a difference between BW and BW2 sprites? I see there's another link in that site hosted BW sprites.

Sorry if this caused too much work for you.
    Last edited by Tornado; 2nd March 2013 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IceBeam View Post
    You missed the shiny sprites. Regarding the 5th Gen sprites, can the sprites in this site be used in Bulbapedia? But those sprites are in GIF format, not PNG format.

Also is there a difference between BW and BW2 sprites? I see there's another link in that site hosted BW sprites.

Sorry if this caused too much work for you.
    Duskull is all done: shiny, front, back, everything.

I would actually suggest Armaina—it's what I used for my Best Sprites of Each Pokémon series. The Armaina sprites' framerates aren't awfully slow like on Pokecheck.
    I agree with you—animated sprites should be GIFs. Few users can even see PNGs animated, and PNG sprite animations are much harder to come by. The admins have their reasons, I suppose.

B2W2 provided different animations for some of the Pokémon. I don't know if it was just some of the Unova ones, all of them, plus some of the foreign Pokémon also present in the games, or all of those as well.

Duskull was no trouble, but I just don't see myself doing the rest. I'd rather go find the animated images (estimated date of completion: AD 2043) rather than slap on a redundant template to thousands of image files.
    Last edited by Aviator Zero; 2nd March 2013 at 01:51 AM.

◓Gypsy Vanner Horse Kyuuketsuki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Regarding this page:

I tried to get the bottom card (Plasma Energy) to work, but whenever I tried adding anything beyond the third Japanese expansion, it would give me this error:

Template:Tcg Energy color light (edit)
    ...in all of the empty cells. I tried only adding the fourth Japanese extention, and I tried adding all of them, but it didn't work. The following line is what should be the full line for the Plasma Energy card.

{{cardlist/entry|cardname={{TCG ID|Plasma Storm|Plasma Energy|127}}|type=Energy|energy=Colorless|enset=Plasma Storm|enrarity=Uncommon|ennum=127/135|jpset=Plasma Gale|jprarity=Uncommon|jpnum=067/070|jpset2=Team Plasma's Powered Half Deck|jpnum2=017/017|jpset3=Black Kyurem-EX Battle Strength Deck|jpnum3=018/018|jpset4=White Kyurem-EX Battle Strength Deck|jpnum4=018/018|jpset5=Team Plasma Battle Gift Set|jpnum5=016/016|jpset6=Spiral Force|jprarity6=Uncommon|jpnum6=051/051|jpset7=Thunder Knuckle|jprarity7=Uncommon|jpnum7=051/051}}

I was not even aware that template was capable to handle Energies. (I wonder when that happened). I wanted to develop a new template for the character pages to have the TCG stuff listed, because I personally find the Cards by Pokémon template rather inappropriate.

Blog Entries

So this particular template can't handle it? I don't get it...

Fish fingers and custard Werdnae's Avatar Former Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Basically the template is designed for the Pokémon TCG pages. (e.g. Bulbasaur (TCG) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia). Use of the template in a place that it wasn't intended means that the template doesn't get the information it needs, so it ends up broken.
    Thanks Jo The Marten for the avatar.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
    Night will fall and drown the sun,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Friendship dies and true love lies,
    night will fall and the dark will rise,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Demons run, but count the cost.
    The battle's won, but the child is lost.

Blog Entries

I see. Then is there any other template I can use for the TCG section of various pages?

Blog Entries

Follow Sneaselz on Tumblr

Who do I talk to about writing an article for Bulbapedia?
    Boosh!

3DS FC: 3265-5253-3343
    Rock Safari: Dwebble, Pupitar & Barbaracle

Question Regarding the Flannery page

I've been working with sprites from the games recently, mostly the gym leaders, and noticed that while we had sprites for Gen IV and V leaders (that pop up before the battle on the VS screen), we didn't have the VS sprites from Emerald. I've started to slice them out (in layered PNG format, like the others), and didn't know if/how to submit them.

I'll admit that the quality isn't brilliant, but it's better than nothing right now.

vsflannery.png 128x72 pixels PNG format

Bulbapedia Administrator Force Fire's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Uh...no. We are not going to use fan made VS sprites for the Gen III Gym leaders.

Team Black

Team White

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by JLomb View Post
    Who do I talk to about writing an article for Bulbapedia?
    Typically you just go make it. If you're a new user, you can't do that straight away (and you shouldn't be writing articles from scratch straight away anyway), but you can ask here or send a PM to a Bulbapedia staff member (see here or on the forums look for someone with the "Bulbapedia staff" badge under their name).

Sharing is Caring! Chosen of Mana's Avatar Archives Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Chosen of Mana On Twitter

I constructed a simple link template for the Key item lists.

[[List of key items in {{#switch:{{{1|}}}|I|II|III|IV|V|VI=Generation {{{1|}}}|Colo=Pokémon Colosseum|XD=Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness}}#{{{2|}}}|{{{2|}}}]]<noinclude>[[Category:Link templates]]</noinclude>
    Would it be possible to post this to the mainspace?

If yes, I would prefer the name "Template:Key", but it's already taken by this navigation template. Would it be possible to move it to "Template:Key items"?

Big claimin'
    Cresselia (Pokémon)
    Colette Brunel [Tales of Symphonia] and Yuri Lowell [Tales of Vesperia] (Video game characters)

This world is merciless Pokemaster97's Avatar Bulbanews WriterArchives StaffBulbapedia StaffModerator
    Blog Entries

Visit Pokemaster97's Youtube Channel

I don't see a problem with moving the other one to "key items". It's ideally better for link templates to be have shorter names so "key" would be more convenient IMO.

Um, hi. I just registered, so I'm very sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place, but on this Bulbapedia page here: Team AWD - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia about the Exploration Team Team AWD in Explorers of Time, Darkness, and Sky I noticed that something was not there..
    *Spoiler Alert ahead*
    In the special episode Igglybuff The Prodigy, there are some bullies who convince Igglybuff to go into the forest. I noticed that these bullies were the pre-evolutions of the members of Team AWD, and always assumed that they were the same Pokemon. The Bulbapedia article mentioned nothing about Team AWD being in the special episode.
    *Spoiler End*
    I would edit the article and put that in, but I have no proof to support this theory.
    Could someone please check in on this?

So, I was meandering around in gold version and tried the power-cycle-while-loading to clone the togepi egg from Prof. Elm's assistant, and instead got a glitchy egg that doesn't line up with the information on the wiki about gen II glitch eggs. There is also no information about the as-of-yet posted glitch egg when it has never hatched before; and I do not want to jump to conclusions.

This egg, when looked at via the PC, appears to have no name, the sprite and summary of an egg (It moves around inside/may be close to hatching, just like it would be had it not glitched), with the same ????? id/OT as a normal egg. When looked at from inside the party, it has the name ? (instead of egg). It's stats and the things that can be done with it are the same as that of a normal egg. It does not count as a pokemon for purposes of depositing other pokemon/having it in party, nor is it sent out in battle when taking up the first slot.

I shall continue to run in circles until it hatches, if it is so inclined.

Where should I post this?