BULBAPEDIA: Suggestions, ideas, and problems - Page 148

Page 148 of 170 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 2536
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Blog Entries

Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

There are a few errors:

-In the page describing Honey, it says "A wild Combee also has a 50% chance of holding a unit of Honey when captured." but in Combee's page and wild held item page it says Combee has a %100 chance of holding Honey.

-In Mantyke's trivia it states "With a catch rate of 25, Mantyke is third only to the Beldum evolutionary family and Volcarona as the most difficult non-legendary to catch. This makes it more difficult to capture than Dialga or Palkia (25 in comparison to 30)." In no other Pokémon's trivia page with 25 catch rate is this mentioned, nor any of the other Pokémon with 25 catch rate are mentioned here.

-In Cacturne's page it says "Despite Cacturne being a nocturnal Pokémon, it can be found in the wild at any time in Diamond and Pearl.
    This is rectified in Pokémon Platinum, as it is only available during the morning or night." whereas in Route 228's page it says Cacturne's encounter rate is the same as D/P's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellwarden View Post
    So....everyone is happy that a "Deux Ex Machina" is being taken down with another Deux Ex Machina....
    Quote Originally Posted by Iteru
    You know, it would be hilarious if Harley did get a sex change and became Langley.
    Youtube account, DA account, SerebiiForums account, Tinypic account, Imageshack account, Photobucket account,Smogon account, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    There are a few errors:

-In the page describing Honey, it says "A wild Combee also has a 50% chance of holding a unit of Honey when captured." but in Combee's page and wild held item page it says Combee has a %100 chance of holding Honey.

-In Mantyke's trivia it states "With a catch rate of 25, Mantyke is third only to the Beldum evolutionary family and Volcarona as the most difficult non-legendary to catch. This makes it more difficult to capture than Dialga or Palkia (25 in comparison to 30)." In no other Pokémon's trivia page with 25 catch rate is this mentioned, nor any of the other Pokémon with 25 catch rate are mentioned here.

-In Cacturne's page it says "Despite Cacturne being a nocturnal Pokémon, it can be found in the wild at any time in Diamond and Pearl.
    This is rectified in Pokémon Platinum, as it is only available during the morning or night." whereas in Route 228's page it says Cacturne's encounter rate is the same as D/P's.
    All fixed. Cacturne is more common at night in DPPt, but I don't think that is necessary to note anyway.

PotentiaSapientiaAudacia Aviator Zero's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Aviator Zero's Youtube Channel

Since many main characters' Pokémon's genders weren't known until late in the franchise, with what pronoun should we refer to them? For instance, Pikachu's gender wasn't definitively known until DP142. As I see it, here are our options:
    1. Refer to all Pokémon as "it/its."
    2. Refer to all Pokémon whose genders are known by the corresponding pronouns: "he/his/him" and "she/hers/her."
    3. Option 2, but only after the point of the anime when it is made known. For example, "Pikachu hit its toe" before DP142 and "Pikachu hit his toe" afterward.

1 is woefully ignorant and depersonalizing to the Pokémon, 2 may seem confusing to those who didn't already know the Pokémon's gender, and 3 seems difficult to enforce (expecting people to know when a Pokémon's gender was confirmed).
    I vote for 2, since the information is being revealed, not made. Pikachu was always male, so this should apply retroactively*.

*In the unlikely event that the gender-changing Azurill scenario comes up in the anime, we'll deal with it accordingly. I'm joking. Please laugh.

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

We currently do 2. Some people may be confused if they aren't up to that part of the anime, but then there are genders only confirmed in the Japanese version (e.g. Ash's Krookadile) which we still note everywhere. It's how everything else works anyway; if we get new information that affects how we perceive old information, we interpret the old information with the new knowledge. Just because we have a character of the day's name doesn't necessarily mean it was mentioned in the episode - we get plenty from subtitles/CC, Pokemon.com summaries, and merchandise.

This of course is a different issue to evolutions, where rather than being information about the character that was true in the past, they are now in a different state.

I know this isn't that big of a deal at all, but its kind of been bugging me. (My OCD doesn't help).

List of Best Wishes series episodes - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

-The Section where list of episodes has been continually updated with new titles, but the main picture for each title hasn't been updated for a few weeks. The specific ones are BW108, 110 and 111.

Sorry if this is a stupid thing to post haha, just something I noticed and has been messing with me. Thanks!

Bulbapædist Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Panthe☈a View Post
    I know this isn't that big of a deal at all, but its kind of been bugging me. (My OCD doesn't help).

List of Best Wishes series episodes - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

-The Section where list of episodes has been continually updated with new titles, but the main picture for each title hasn't been updated for a few weeks. The specific ones are BW108, 110 and 111.

Sorry if this is a stupid thing to post haha, just something I noticed and has been messing with me. Thanks!
    Just letting you know that we've seen this and are looking into it

Thanks, my OCD appreciates it!

:)

Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

Gen V isn't the only gen with differences between games concerning moves at different levels. The differences are in how they're displayed. Differences between RB and Y, DP and PtHGSS, maybe even DPPt and HGSS, and RSE and FRLG exist. Some might not be widely different (Gen III!Charmander), but some really are (Gen I!Pikachu, Gen IV!Forretress, the dragon trio). Can we make it standard practice to give the Gen V move table set-up to all games?
    Last edited by Luna Tiger; 10th February 2013 at 02:34 PM. Reason: hey, totally forgot to mention IN TEXT what this was even about; brilliant
    SnorlaxMonster and Spriteit like this.
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

Blog Entries

Follow Herbizarre on Tumblr Visit Herbizarre's Youtube Channel

I'm here to report a slight writing error about Skyla's Bulbapedia page : her japanese name is mispelt "Huuro", while it should spell "Fuuro".
    I support : BiologyShipping, GodzillaShipping, GreatRocketShipping, RebelShipping, TransceiverShipping, Fox X Krystal, Leon S. Kennedy X Ada Wong, Leon X Lucy Liberty, FalSam, LGMShipping and Escavalier x Lilligant. This signature image is the perfect place to name all the ships I support without wasting space on the signature, mwa ha ha !
    Click here to view a fanfic of my crossover OTP : Beastman (F-Zero) and Mars (Pokémon).

Boulder Trainer Mikuri's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior Administrator

Huuro is the official romanization. See here.

PURPLE HERMIT! Chosen of Mana's Avatar Archives Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Chosen of Mana On Twitter

I was considering splitting the Appearance sections of the Trainer class articles by sprites (Main games) and mugshots/models - labeled artwork (Stadiums, Orre games). Something like this.

==Appearance==
    ===Sprites===
    ===Artwork===

What do you guys think?

Big claimin'
    Cresselia (Pokémon)
    Colette Brunel [Tales of Symphonia] and Yuri Lowell [Tales of Vesperia] (Video game characters)

Can Bulbapedia having a Pokemon's reception section like here? Sorry if this was mentioned before.

PotentiaSapientiaAudacia Aviator Zero's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Aviator Zero's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by IceBeam View Post
    Can Bulbapedia having a Pokemon's reception section like here? Sorry if this was mentioned before.
    That's more subjective trivia, and Bulbapedia is generally about cold, hard facts. In my opinion (which is coincidentally what you've proposed adding), it doesn't add anything meaningful to the Pokémon's profile.
    However, a brief little section detailing what players typically use the Pokémon for might be useful. Whether it's battling tiers, in-game benefit (Ditto for breeding, Zigzagoon for Pickup), or usefulness as an HM slave, there are numerous trivia we could put about how the Pokémon are actually used by players.

#1 Magnemite fan MAGNEDETH's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Follow MAGNEDETH On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IceBeam View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator Zero View Post
    That's more subjective trivia, and Bulbapedia is generally about cold, hard facts. In my opinion (which is coincidentally what you've proposed adding), it doesn't add anything meaningful to the Pokémon's profile.
    However, a brief little section detailing what players typically use the Pokémon for might be useful. Whether it's battling tiers, in-game benefit (Ditto for breeding, Zigzagoon for Pickup), or usefulness as an HM slave, there are numerous trivia we could put about how the Pokémon are actually used by players.
    theres might be something to it actually. Wikipedia is also strict about facts, and there they have it, complete with references.
    your comment about tiers though, thats much harder as tiers are subjective. i wouldnt rule it out thought.

What about the idea of adding shiny pokemon differences? Like gender differences.