BULBAPEDIA: Suggestions, ideas, and problems - Page 143
Page 143 of 173 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 2586

Thread: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Say I'm writing in an article featuring characters' Pokémon, like in a Gym battle episode, but those Pokémon aren't special enough to have their own page (e.g., {{TP|Brock|Pineco}}.

Like in Ash's battle against Roxie, should it be {{p|Koffing}} or [[Roxie#Koffing|Koffing]]? One referring to the Pokémon species or one on the section on the character's page? Which is ideal? I'd say since we're talking about a specific Pokémon, the latter.

Fish fingers and custard Werdnae's Avatar Former Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Generally the latter.
    Thanks Jo The Marten for the avatar.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
    Night will fall and drown the sun,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Friendship dies and true love lies,
    night will fall and the dark will rise,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Demons run, but count the cost.
    The battle's won, but the child is lost.

Sorry, I gots another question that's been bugging me. Say we have a Trivia section like so:
    ===Errors===
    * When Roxie approaches the Trainer with the {{p|Gothitelle}} she had just defeated, the bottoms of her shoes are purple, not blue.
    * In one scene for a split second, the pupil in Roxie's right eye is missing.
    * Roxie's {{p|Koffing}} uses {{m|Clear Smog}} to remove the {{m|Sandstorm}} created by {{AP|Boldore}}, but Clear Smog does not negate [[weather conditions]]. In fact, Sandstorm could only have ended after 5 turns or if another weather-changing move was used.
    Are adding the links really necessary for Gothitelle, Koffing, and Boldore? Do we really have to re-link every linkable Pokémon and character and so on just because it's a new section? I'd say it's only useful to link to Clear Smog and Sandstorm so that the reader may look up those moves' effects (and in other situations when "proof" or context may be needed).

Quote Originally Posted by Aviator Zero View Post
    Sorry, I gots another question that's been bugging me. Say we have a Trivia section like so:
    ===Errors===
    * When Roxie approaches the Trainer with the {{p|Gothitelle}} she had just defeated, the bottoms of her shoes are purple, not blue.
    * In one scene for a split second, the pupil in Roxie's right eye is missing.
    * Roxie's {{p|Koffing}} uses {{m|Clear Smog}} to remove the {{m|Sandstorm}} created by {{AP|Boldore}}, but Clear Smog does not negate [[weather conditions]]. In fact, Sandstorm could only have ended after 5 turns or if another weather-changing move was used.
    Are adding the links really necessary for Gothitelle, Koffing, and Boldore? Do we really have to re-link every linkable Pokémon and character and so on just because it's a new section? I'd say it's only useful to link to Clear Smog and Sandstorm so that the reader may look up those moves' effects (and in other situations when "proof" or context may be needed).
    I am personally of the opinion that the more links we have, the better. Who's to say what the reader will want to go to next? As it is a new section, I don't see providing the links as a hindrance to anyone, only a convenience to some. If someone doesn't want to click, they don't have to, but if someone does want to go there, the link is right there for them. I tend to link things in the TCG sections everywhere, just because at any point in time, someone might want to go to that page to find out more information.

i think we should put some information on ash unfuzant because ash had use it in the episode against the twins in the tag battle with his partner cilan it was awesome battle.

Show me your moves ! Herbizarre's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Herbizarre on Tumblr Visit Herbizarre's Youtube Channel

The Breeder who buys back your Mulches at the end of Mistralton City's runway gives the player 1000 Poké Dollars for each mulch.

EDIT : Clay, the Gym Leader of Driftveil City can appear in the Join Avenue. I don't know what conditions have to be fulfilled to make him appear, but if you guide him in the right shop, the Join Avenue and said shop earns 1000 points. Makes me wonder if other Unovan Gym Leaders can also appear in the Join Avenue...
    Last edited by Herbizarre; 18th November 2012 at 04:01 PM.
    I support : BiologyShipping, GodzillaShipping, GreatRocketShipping, RebelShipping, TransceiverShipping, Fox X Krystal, Leon S. Kennedy X Ada Wong, Leon X Lucy Liberty, FalSam, LGMShipping and Escavalier x Lilligant. This signature image is the perfect place to name all the ships I support without wasting space on the signature, mwa ha ha !
    Click here to view a fanfic of my crossover OTP : Beastman (F-Zero) and Mars (Pokémon).

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuuketsuki View Post
    Hi, I'm just wondering if it would be fine for me to add information about card illustrations in the card's page. Such as noting that this card depicts N's Playroom, even if it isn't the main focus. And this card depicts Dragonspiral Tower. Maybe such information can be put in the trivia section? I'm asking because two of the three Frillish TCG pages note that both the male and female variates are depicted, so why not extend that treatment to locations?
    Added the locations to the trivia sections. We already had pages like Jellicent (Next Destinies 35) doing this anyway, so it was just matching the convention.

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    The whole dilemma about duos and quartets would be moot if there was simply a page about legendary groups in general instead.

The classification of legendary trio made sense when there was simply 2 trios and some other legends.

Now you have several trios and duos, some with an extra member, some without, some of the extra members being closer to the group, some being clearly superior...

Actually, even worse is the trio masters classification.
    When half of those supposed trio masters are part of the trio itself, something isn't right.

Its inconsistent.
    In one case, you have the rivals Groudon and Kyogre, with a clearly superior Rayquaza, and they are considered a trio.
    In another case you have three golems, and a fourth bigger one, Regigigas, yet no one ever called them a quartet in human history.
    Because these are 2 groups of legendaries,
    -Weather legends, which consist of a duo and their master
    -Golems, which consist of a trio and an extra member.

trios/duos->groups
    master->extra member

Or do we have to wait till there is a group of 5 and they have an additional member that is inferior, for the term master to look too specialized and be replaced by something more general.

User:Saiph charon - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia
    I like the idea of changing legendary trios and duos to just "legendary groupings", but I don't like the idea of changing "trio master" to "extra member"; I would rather "group master" or similar, as it is more than just another member, it is a superior.

Under Medals...
    The medal image for Beginning of Memory is incorrect, it should be the same as Frequent Trader or Achiever Lv. 2.
    Hidden Grotto Adept also has an incorrect image, should be the same as Deep Sleep Capture or Experienced Saver.
    Lastly Sci Fi Movie Master should be Sci-Fi Movie Master.

If someone could kindly fix those. Normally I would but I'm not on a good computer at the moment and I don't want to forget.

Blog Entries

Follow FallenIdol_453 on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Herbizarre View Post
    The Breeder who buys back your Mulches at the end of Mistralton City's runway gives the player 1000 Poké Dollars for each mulch.

EDIT : Clay, the Gym Leader of Driftveil City can appear in the Join Avenue. I don't know what conditions have to be fulfilled to make him appear, but if you guide him in the right shop, the Join Avenue and said shop earns 1000 points. Makes me wonder if other Unovan Gym Leaders can also appear in the Join Avenue...
    I had Elesa in my Rank 7 Join Avenue a few hours ago, and I know another user had Burgh and Drayden. So I guess it's possible for most (if not all) of the Unova Gym Leaders to come to your Join Avenue, providing that the right conditions are met.
    Platinum Friend Code: 4428-0341-9435

SoulSilver Friend Code: 2709-9984-3194

Black Friend Code: 4428-2129-6693

Black 2 Friend Code: 5244-0942-6506

I always root for the ships that don't get a lot of love.

Blog Entries

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but whatever.

Recently I've been having a graphical problem with Bulbapedia. Here's a screenshot.

screen-shot-2012-11-26-4.13.36-pm.png

^ That's because you're not using the clearly serperior Vector skin.

Haha but really, it could be anything. The site looks fine to me in all of the skins. Try closing and restarting your browser, or in all likelihood this is due to a slow Internet connection. Or it's just an unlucky day. This stuff happens.
    Last edited by Aviator Zero; 27th November 2012 at 11:12 AM.

Mugiwara senpai! <3 Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by brickwork View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but whatever.

Recently I've been having a graphical problem with Bulbapedia. Here's a screenshot.
    There is nothing wrong with the skin, it was something else which caused the thumbnail breakdown. However, it has been fixed now.
    Please feel free to let us know, if it happens again.

Sharing is Caring! Chosen of Mana's Avatar Archives Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Chosen of Mana On Twitter

I recently ran off a full list of trainers in Stadium's Pika Cup (currently saved on a .doc) based off the archived site the pedia got its info on underleveled Pokémon. I had planned on constructing the rest of Stadium's teams this way, but just found out that Wayback can't seem to archive the entire website.

Should I upload the Pika Cup information anyway (and whatever else I can find), or wait until I can find a reliable source with all the information?

Big claimin'
    Cresselia (Pokémon)
    Colette Brunel [Tales of Symphonia] and Yuri Lowell [Tales of Vesperia] (Video game characters)

Blog Entries

Currently, Mime Jr. doesn't link to the Bulbapedia when its name is part of a post (you can clearly see that it doesn't auto-link there). Who is able to fix that?

That's it for now.
    “Detachment does not consist in setting fire to one's house, or becoming bankrupt or throwing one's fortune out of the window, or even giving away all of one's possessions. Detachment consists in refraining from letting our possessions possess us.”

Bonus articles: Improving the Ice-type (04/09/2014)

Fiery passion that burns~ Kogoro's Avatar Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Autolinks are a forums feature and would need to be reported in the forum bugs area, we don't have control over them.