BULBAPEDIA: Suggestions, ideas, and problems - Page 14
Page 14 of 173 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Default Re: Pokémon walking sprites

Quote Originally Posted by TorchicBlaziken View Post
    Now that there's a whole new set of sprites for Pokémon following you, (from HGSS) I think that these sprites should be put on Pokémon articles, as its battle sprites are.
    This has been suggested already, we're working on it as far as I know.

#1 Magnemite fan MAGNEDETH's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Follow MAGNEDETH On Twitter

Default Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea/problem thread

yes. they wont be replacing standard battle sprites, but we have added them to the trainer templates and various other locations. the hardest part is that we have to create these animations from scratch, so its not a quick process.

Here's a suggestion for something that's needed a page for a long time, but only recently got a name:

The Easy Chat System.

That's what the HGSS guide calls the recent system of using a limited selection of words and phrases in mail, the Union Room, and elsewhere. I think Bulbapedia should have a page detailing, if not every phrase and word, then at least the categories of usable words and phrases.

the name itself should be listed somewhere, but we definitely dont need a page detailing all the words available because then we might as well post every single word in the game text. its just generic stuff like "hello" and "battle" along with trainer classes, Pokemon, abilities, etc.

I noticed that the DynamicPunch move page doesn't say that it can hit targets that are up in the air while using Fly, which (surprisingly enough) it can. Unless Blue's Machamp is using cheats =P

EDIT: Looking more into it, it's not that Dynamic Punch can hit pokemon up in the air, but that pokemon with No Guard can hit pokemon Flying or Digging, not just the other way around like the description says.
    Last edited by TheInfamousFidam; 23rd March 2010 at 02:10 PM.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Music_Channel

You may want to fix this. You have Meditite listed as a Hoenn Sound Pokémon when it's obtained with the Sinnoh Sound feature. This has led to a couple of correspondance I have received regarding it, asking who is right as I have it listed correctly as Sinnoh Sound.

I would fix it myself but you're still under lockdown.

Edit: Never mind, got Sketch to fix :)
    I own Serebii.net and Serebii Forums, naturally.

Serebii's signature, now un-censored.

Smile Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea/problem thread

The Johto Safari Zone page needs to be updated since it looks like some of the areas have been renamed outside of Japan. My copy of HeartGold and the Prima Guide had confirmed this. Pretty much only 5 areas have been renamed
    Grassland as "Plains", Flower Garden as "Meadow", Rocky as "Peak", Waterside Forest as "Swamp", and Waterside Rocky as "Rocky Beach". I was able to confirm this with both my Prima Book and the current version of the page to cross-reference the Pokemon lists.

Also Sandslash can be caught in the Desert as I physically saw one while catching Sandshrew last night for the second test.
    Last edited by Tyler53841; 27th March 2010 at 05:05 PM.

Keep Moving Forward MasterKenobi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Would someone mind updating the Starter Pokémon page to say,"After the player has collected all 16 gym badges and defeated Red at Mt. Silver, Professor Oak will offer the player one Kanto Starter Pokémon at his lab in Pallet Town. In addition, after the player defeats Red in Mt. Silver, Steven Stone will appear in the Silph Co. building in Saffron City. Talk to Steven and he will give the player one of the Hoenn Starter Pokémon."

Just something similar would be fine, as long as the point is gotten across that you must have defeated Red at Mt. Silver to receive the Starter Pokémon. It is located in the last paragraph under Johto on the Starter Pokémon page.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler53841 View Post
    Also Sandslash can be caught in the Desert as I physically saw one while catching Sandshrew last night for the second test.
    I can confirm this too as I caught a second Sandslash in the Desert area while trying to complete the second test.

Done by the amazing Blazaking! ^^

Um... this is where we post if we find some error in the info displayed on the pedia?
    If so, this is what I noticed(I guess I'd better provide the screenshots)

Note that on Tentacool's page, it says that it learns Bubblebeam at Lv 19 while on Bubblebeam's page, it says Lv. 25. (the correct one is lvl 19)

EDIT: Same for Tentacruel as well.
    Last edited by Dopey; 28th March 2010 at 05:45 AM.

Sorry, decided to delete.

Rocket traditionalist Hunter Blade's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Hunter Blade on Tumblr

Hmm... I keep getting a glitch about the Community Portal....

This page comes up after clicking on the Community Portal link on the sidebar. When it shows...
    Team Rocket - We're back in business.
    Actually, I never left.

Not sure if this goes here, but I found a problem on Rapidash's page. In the Game Locations section it says that there are no Rapidash found in HG/SS, and that they must be traded.

This is false. Rapidash can be found on Route 28, right before you enter Mt. Silver. Can somebody fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by 1998 View Post
    Not sure if this goes here, but I found a problem on Rapidash's page. In the Game Locations section it says that there are no Rapidash found in HG/SS, and that they must be traded.

This is false. Rapidash can be found on Route 28, right before you enter Mt. Silver. Can somebody fix this?
    i have taken care of it.

A couple of corrections and some additional info for the Pokegear page:
    First, you can get most of the Gym Leaders' numbers before getting all 16 badges, the only one you have to have all 16 badges to get are Brock, Misty, Lt. Surge, Blaine, and Blue.

Second, in the Trainer phone listing, for Buena, it should say Crystal/HeartGold/SoulSilver only instead of Crystal only.

Also, for some of the gym leaders there is an additonal condition to be fulfilled before you can get their phone numbers:
    Falkner: Beat Janine
    Claire: After the double battle with Lance/Claire vs You/Rival
    Brock: Beat Blue
    Misty: Beat Blue/Catch Suicune
    Surge: Catch Zapados
    Blaine: Beat Blue
    You're never too old to play video games!!

Team Rocket Grunt

Team Rocket's motto variation from Try for the Family Stone! needs to be added to the Team Rocket mottos article. It goes like this:

Jessie: We're out of this world! Can't you tell by our suave demeanor?
    James: Our grass is always greener!
    Jessie: On the wind!
    James: The stars!
    Meowth: Neener, neener!
    Jessie: Happy searching at a breakneck pace.
    James: Dashing hope with a smile on my face!
    Jessie: Joy by any other name's just as happy!
    James: While you twerps are so sappy.
    Jessie: Jessie!
    James: And James!
    Meowth: Meowth's the name!
    Jessie: Putting the do-gooders in their place...
    James: We're Team Rocket!
    All: In your face!
    Wobbuffet: Wobba!
    Mime Jr.: Mime, mime!