Page 138 of 170 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 2536
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Humaniod Typhoon Vash teh Stampede's Avatar

Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxMonster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash teh Stampede View Post
    Guys. This is getting ridiculous. There is absolutely NO reason why we are using animated PNG. They don't work on chrome or firefox. It's just stupid. Why not just use GIFS? I don't really see the problem.
    While I think that GIFs should be used over APNGs where there is no quality loss (for moves we will still need to use APNGs), I feel that I need to correct this: they don't work on Internet Explorer and Chrome. Firefox is in fact the most commonly used browser for viewing APNGs.
    Thats odd. I just tried viewing them in firefox and it didnt work. I can see you would want pokemon moves to be APNG, but Pokemon sprites can easily be converted to GIF without any information loss.
    Black FC: 0519 3947 1196

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Guys. This is getting ridiculous. There is absolutely NO reason why we are using animated PNG. They don't work on chrome or firefox. It's just stupid. Why not just use GIFS? I don't really see the problem.
    While I think that GIFs should be used over APNGs where there is no quality loss (for moves we will still need to use APNGs), I feel that I need to correct this: they don't work on Internet Explorer and Chrome. Firefox is in fact the most commonly used browser for viewing APNGs.
    Thats odd. I just tried viewing them in firefox and it didnt work. I can see you would want pokemon moves to be APNG, but Pokemon sprites can easily be converted to GIF without any information loss.
    Not every sprite is animated. I'm a Chrome user myself, but this, for example, is. If that's not animated on your Firefox, I don't know what the problem is.

PotentiaSapientiaAudacia Aviator Zero's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Aviator Zero's Youtube Channel

1. We tried putting game cries up once. The server crashed.
    2. I don't think that is really necessary. And we have pretty much restricted videos to only glitch articles due to the load issues they cause. Also, videos don't even embed at the moment anyway.
    3. I'm working on setting up a better naming convention for those and getting them used in articles like List of Little Cup Rental Pokémon in Pokémon Stadium 2.
    4. That's completely not true. Quite a number of our sprites from DP are animated, and several from BW as well. However, Internet Explorer and Chrome can't see animated PNGs. Just look at this category in a browser that can display animated PNG files.
    5. That would likely be a bigger issue with animated moves, but most of our moves are animated (and huge files) and we do it anyway.
    1. psypokes has all the game cries, and even some anime ones. I still think that we should plan to incorporate game cries in the future. Anime ones may be problematic (Japanese? English? Both?)
    2 & 3. Perhaps just a good quality image of how it appears in-game? Have one for each generation of console games (just one for the Stadiums since they use the same models, one for Colosseum and XD as I think they use the same models, and PBR).
    4. Perhaps I was egregious with saying NONE of the sprites are animated, as some are, but still. B/W's been out for a year, Pt and HG/SS for a few, and D/P for several. Let's get them uploaded and as GIFs, so that more than just Firefox users (and the 21,100 users of something I'll mention below) can see. If the flurry of moving images looks ugly, we can maybe hide them in a "Show/Hide" box?
    5. Yeah, I was surprised that we have gotten so many animations of the moves when relatively few of the Pokémon's sprites are animated.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ehkepjiconegkhpodgoaeamnpckdbblp
    ^ APNG viewer Extension for Chrome. It works perfectly. In fact the sole reason I downloaded it was Bulbapedia.

Fish fingers and custard Werdnae's Avatar Former Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

I feel I need to note here there is an extension for chrome that allows apngs.

Also, we are looking into ways to actually have the system convert, so that IE users can view them without all of them having to be replaced. Last time we tried to do anything major with the sprites was over a year and three quarters ago and it is still not complete. And that was only half of the sprites we had before B2W2 was released. Since we can't change any of the templates on Bulbapedia until every single one is complete, a manual conversion to gif is basically not an option anyway. If a manual change were to go ahead, I would be surprised if you saw any change on Bulbapedia within about five years of it starting.
    SnorlaxMonster and Adyniz like this.
    Thanks Jo The Marten for the avatar.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
    Night will fall and drown the sun,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Friendship dies and true love lies,
    night will fall and the dark will rise,
    Demons run, but count the cost.
    The battle's won, but the child is lost.

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Aviator Zero View Post
    1. psypokes has all the game cries, and even some anime ones. I still think that we should plan to incorporate game cries in the future. Anime ones may be problematic (Japanese? English? Both?)
    If we can get past the technical issues, we would certainly like to at least upload the game cries.

2 & 3. Perhaps just a good quality image of how it appears in-game? Have one for each generation of console games (just one for the Stadiums since they use the same models, one for Colosseum and XD as I think they use the same models, and PBR).
    I don't think our current images are bad quality. Also, don't forget to add the Ranch/Rumble/Rumble Blast models to that list.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ehkepjiconegkhpodgoaeamnpckdbblp
    ^ APNG viewer Extension for Chrome. It works perfectly. In fact the sole reason I downloaded it was Bulbapedia.
    I haven't installed that, because to do so I need to allow it to
    • Access your data on all websites
    • Access your tabs and browsing activity

Blog Entries

I don't think our current images are bad quality. Also, don't forget to add the Ranch/Rumble/Rumble Blast models to that list.
    Not what I meant; just adding a picture as good as Rhyhorn appears. From that angle, above and to the left. Maybe include another image from the reverse angle, above and to the rear right (to see its backside).
    I haven't installed that, because to do so I need to allow it to

According to one reviewer of the Extension, "Google made the permission groups that extensions can select _far_ too broad, so something that (for example) only needs to add a little change to each page still has to ask for the whole "data on all websites" permission."

totally fangirling out Dark Victini's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Dark Victini on Google+
    Visit Dark Victini's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Aviator Zero View Post

According to one reviewer of the Extension, "Google made the permission groups that extensions can select _far_ too broad, so something that (for example) only needs to add a little change to each page still has to ask for the whole "data on all websites" permission."

when i got it it didn't make me do that

also, i found the page that says how to add a iPhone skin

Simple mobile skin auto change - MediaWiki
    3DS FC=1263-5787-4526

Angry Some Pokémon game walkthroughs from Bulbapedia needing to be complete

All I found over the Bulbapedia is some of the walkthrough articles for the Pokémon games need to be completed as listed below, and some of these sections and chapters for the walkthroughs need be be added or completed as listed below:

But, I wish everyone were never too darn lazy to complete these walkthrough articles so every users can read them all as completed. But I not gonna edit them all because the userspace editing is restricted to one edit per day due to the release of Pokémon Black 2 and White 2. So why is anyone too darn lazy to do so?
    Last edited by thomaswiencek; 29th September 2012 at 04:45 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Some Pokémon game walkthroughs from Bulbapedia needing to be complete

Quote Originally Posted by thomaswiencek View Post
    All I found over the Bulbapedia is some of the walkthrough articles for the Pokémon games need to be completed as listed below, and some of these sections and chapters for the walkthroughs need be be added or completed as listed below:

But, I wish everyone were never too darn lazy to complete these walkthrough articles so every users can read them all as completed. But I not gonna edit them all because the userspace editing is restricted to one edit per day due to the release of Pokémon Black 2 and White 2. So why is anyone too darn lazy to do so?
    They're not in the userspace, they're in the appendix space. They don't fall under that limit. You're welcome to improve them as you see fit.

I'm so surprised no one has made an article on this yet! I don't know how to make articles, but someone needs to make an article about the Pokemon Reorchestrated project (PREO). It has been carried out by a user named Skotein since 2009, and he is ready to release the entire Kanto Symphony soundtrack from Red/Blue sometime this October. He's working with Joypad Records and the Pokemon Company to release it as a video game cover album. His main website is Pokémon Reorchestrated and to sample some of the songs he's done so far, his YouTube account is Pokémon Reorchestrated - YouTube.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lukascatkey View Post
    I'm so surprised no one has made an article on this yet! I don't know how to make articles, but someone needs to make an article about the Pokemon Reorchestrated project (PREO). It has been carried out by a user named Skotein since 2009, and he is ready to release the entire Kanto Symphony soundtrack from Red/Blue sometime this October. He's working with Joypad Records and the Pokemon Company to release it as a video game cover album. His main website is Pokémon Reorchestrated and to sample some of the songs he's done so far, his YouTube account is Pokémon Reorchestrated - YouTube.
    I'm a fan too, but unfortunately I don't think this will make it on the wiki. Only official Pokémon games, merchandise, films, events, and projects are generally allowed.

Then again, we do have a whole section just for shipping (I know... I know.), so I wouldn't say it's impossible.

Blog Entries

Dunno if this is quite the right thread, but... have the edits from the past week or so completely vanished for anyone else? They haven't been reverted- it's more like they were never made in the first place.

Well, but if he's working with the Pokemon Company, then wouldn't that technically make it official?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lukascatkey View Post
    Well, but if he's working with the Pokemon Company, then wouldn't that technically make it official?
    I was going to say that the biggest issue was likely a potential copyright one, but given that it's fully licensed that's a non-issue. Given that it's fully licensed, I would say that once the album released it should definitely get an article. I know a few staff members have been following that project, so I'd like them to weigh in on the potential of an article before that.

Blog Entries

So I finally finish writing up the Synopsis for BW080...
    and then this happens:

Editing has been locked temporarily due to a server move. We apologise for the inconvenience.
    Check BNN and Bulbanews for up-to-date info and discuss it on the forums or irc channel #bulbapedia

Grr. Episodes take too long to summarize. And what the heck, how does one summarize an episode? "Character 1 and Character 2 decide to battle. Character 2 wins." ?! Is that how we should do it? Generally I try to tell everything important that happens play-by-play and leave out unnecessary little events.

How long does a Synopsis have to be to not be too small of an overview, and how short should it be so that it doesn't take me so many hours to write one?