BULBAPEDIA: Suggestions, ideas, and problems - Page 137

Page 137 of 170 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 2536
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Creator of Nathan Castle BlazeMaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Just a note. Is it viable trivia that two of Kotetsu's unknown badges are the same as Trip's?

Coincidentially, also, it's the same number as Barry shared with Nando.
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f425/hunger-games-pok%C3%A9mon-136008/

Hunger Games RPG

21 Places Left.

Officials needed

totally fangirling out Dark Victini's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Dark Victini on Google+
    Visit Dark Victini's Youtube Channel

Mobile skin for the Pedia, I don't think there is one. I know mediawiki has a page for how to do it, if you want I'll Provide a lik to it later.
    3DS FC=1263-5787-4526

PotentiaSapientiaAudacia Aviator Zero's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Aviator Zero's Youtube Channel

Damn! I had started BW078's Summary, but I accidentally shut off my computer, erasing my work.
    I'll get it done tonight (for real this time!), so whoever else is doing the same thing, don't waste your time. I guess you could call this a claim.

Slave of the Berry Master peterpansexuell's Avatar

Question Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

[first post, I hope this is the right place to post this]

There are recipes for Pokéblocks and Poffins which max out all of a Pokémon's contest stats. I've found them online, but all the information is in Japanese, so I thought I could translate and make it accessible to more people. However, I'm not sure this is the right kind of information for Bulbapedia. What do you think? I could either add a short section to the Pokéblock and Poffin pages, or make a seperate page for such recipes (there is only one recipe for perfect Poffins, but since some berries were/are incredibly hard to get for Generation III, there are several recipes for perfect[-ish] Pokéblocks)?

I’ve already posted on the respective talk pages (Pokéblock and Poffin) about it but thought I could also post this here. Sorry if it's too much.

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

I don't think we need an entire new page for perfect recipes, but they should go on the Poffin and Pokéblock pages. Could you link this online source you've found?

Smile Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxMonster View Post
    Could you link this online source you've found?
    I've got them from this site where they have a section for Pokéblocks and a section for Poffins.

I don't think we need an entire new page for perfect recipes, but they should go on the Poffin and Pokéblock pages.
    Awesome. Should I make tables like the ones on the website, and add additional explanations as continuous text outside of the table? Is there a way I could do it in Bulbapedia but only as a preview to have someone (like you) review it first?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by peterpansexuell View Post
    Awesome. Should I make tables like the ones on the website, and add additional explanations as continuous text outside of the table? Is there a way I could do it in Bulbapedia but only as a preview to have someone (like you) review it first?
    Only thing I can think of are the "invisible messages" meant to appear only when one is editing a page.

While editing, it looks like this: <!-- fill in the title links with dub titles only -->

...So one suggestion would be to create the complete table and squish it all between <!-- and --> and save the page, making sure that 1) the page appears unchanged, 2) The table is written but just not visible, and 3) you have a copy of the table as a text file on your computer. If SM or whoever approves, they can just remove the "invisibility" and make your work visible.

...Or, just make the table, make sure it looks right, NOT save it, and paste it on this thread so a higher-up can paste it themselves and see if it's okay.

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries

Could you link this online source you've found?
    I've got them from this site where they have a section for Pokéblocks and a section for Poffins.
    Ah, okay. Interesting site. It seems to have all sorts of recipes, not just perfect ones.

I don't think we need an entire new page for perfect recipes, but they should go on the Poffin and Pokéblock pages.
    Yeah, that sounds good.

Usually you would make a draft like that in your userspace first, but to do that you need to be autoconfirmed, which has both an edit and a time requirement. Since you created your account last year, you've certainly passed the time requirement, but you don't have enough edits. So until then, what you can do is put the table in the public sandbox.

I'm not sure how experienced with wiki software you are, but tables can be a bit tricky for beginners. If you are having difficulty, I can make the table instead.

Arms... like... nooodles! The Togekiss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow The Togekiss on Tumblr

Sorry if this has been suggested already....
    I was wondering... would be a good idea to have the pronunciation of a Pokemon's name for each species? I know many fans out there who can't quite figure out how to pronounce a Pokemon's name. (for the longest time,I pronounced Snivy as snihvey instead of snEYEvey,and I can't quite figure out Zebstrika's pronunciation )

My deviantArt account... http://thetogekiss.deviantart.com/
    Claimed: Togekiss (yay!) ,Oblivious, Pokeradar,and Razor Fang! July 8th, 2012, Air Slash July 20th, 2012

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Togekiss View Post
    Sorry if this has been suggested already....
    I was wondering... would be a good idea to have the pronunciation of a Pokemon's name for each species? I know many fans out there who can't quite figure out how to pronounce a Pokemon's name. (for the longest time,I pronounced Snivy as snihvey instead of snEYEvey,and I can't quite figure out Zebstrika's pronunciation )
    We used to have pronunciations, but there were far too many issues with subjectivity and even contradiction between official sources.

Blog Entries

^ That got me thinking of all the basics it seems that we don't really feel the need for.
    Why not include game and anime cries?
    Why not linking/embedding YouTube videos of the Pokémon in the home console games doing their intro, attack, and faint motions (I know there is a channel that does that for Stadium)? Let's at least have the images of each Pokémon's depiction in the console games. Here we have an image of Rhyhorn in Stadium (File:Stadium111.png - Bulbagarden Archives). It's not linked to by any article. It sits there useless. Why?
    Why are NONE of the sprites from D/P through B2/W2 animated? I know for a fact that the B/W animations for nearly every form of every Pokémon are readily available, even in our own forums.

I can imagine the bandwidth for some of these ideas being astronomical, though.

Post Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Sorry, this is just a reminder that I'm still alive, I've just become unexpectedly busy over the past few days and have not had time to reply / do the tables yet. :/

Ah, okay. Interesting site. It seems to have all sorts of recipes, not just perfect ones.
    Yes, as some of the berries are incredibly hard to get in Gen III.

I'm not sure how experienced with wiki software you are, but tables can be a bit tricky for beginners. If you are having difficulty, I can make the table instead.
    Thanks, I think I'll the sandbox first. I could also put a table in the comment section of the Pokéblocks/Poffins page, couldn't I? As I said, I have not had time to start working on the tables yet but I hope I'll find time during next week. Would be very cool to see this online. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Aviator Zero
    Why not linking/embedding YouTube videos of the Pokémon in the home console games doing their intro, attack, and faint motions (I know there is a channel that does that for Stadium)?
    Could you link to that channel please? Edit: Nevermind, found this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviator Zero
    Why are NONE of the sprites from D/P through B2/W2 animated?
    I don't know why but I want to say that I'm glad they are not. All that sprites animated on one page next to each other would make my head spin. Would make the site look a bit like a webpage from the 90s. ^^' There could be a separate section or page rather for animated sprites (if there isn't already)?
    Last edited by peterpansexuell; 22nd September 2012 at 10:04 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aviator Zero View Post
    Why not include game and anime cries?
    We tried putting game cries up once. The server crashed.

Why not linking/embedding YouTube videos of the Pokémon in the home console games doing their intro, attack, and faint motions (I know there is a channel that does that for Stadium)? Let's at least have the images of each Pokémon's depiction in the console games.
    I don't think that is really necessary. And we have pretty much restricted videos to only glitch articles due to the load issues they cause. Also, videos don't even embed at the moment anyway.

Here we have an image of Rhyhorn in Stadium (File:Stadium111.png - Bulbagarden Archives). It's not linked to by any article. It sits there useless. Why?
    I'm working on setting up a better naming convention for those and getting them used in articles like List of Little Cup Rental Pokémon in Pokémon Stadium 2.

Why are NONE of the sprites from D/P through B2/W2 animated? I know for a fact that the B/W animations for nearly every form of every Pokémon are readily available, even in our own forums.
    That's completely not true. Quite a number of our sprites from DP are animated, and several from BW as well. However, Internet Explorer and Chrome can't see animated PNGs. Just look at this category in a browser that can display animated PNG files.

I can imagine the bandwidth for some of these ideas being astronomical, though.
    That would likely be a bigger issue with animated moves, but most of our moves are animated (and huge files) and we do it anyway.

Thanks, I think I'll the sandbox first. I could also put a table in the comment section of the Pokéblocks/Poffins page, couldn't I? As I said, I have not had time to start working on the tables yet but I hope I'll find time during next week. Would be very cool to see this online. :)
    Yeah, you can put it on the talk page if you would prefer. No point putting it on both though.
    Last edited by SnorlaxMonster; 22nd September 2012 at 10:44 AM. Reason: broken quote

Humaniod Typhoon Vash teh Stampede's Avatar

Guys. This is getting ridiculous. There is absolutely NO reason why we are using animated PNG. They don't work on chrome or firefox. It's just stupid. Why not just use GIFS? I don't really see the problem.
    Black FC: 0519 3947 1196

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vash teh Stampede View Post
    Guys. This is getting ridiculous. There is absolutely NO reason why we are using animated PNG. They don't work on chrome or firefox. It's just stupid. Why not just use GIFS? I don't really see the problem.
    While I think that GIFs should be used over APNGs where there is no quality loss (for moves we will still need to use APNGs), I feel that I need to correct this: they don't work on Internet Explorer and Chrome. Firefox is in fact the most commonly used browser for viewing APNGs.