Page 136 of 171 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 2561

Thread: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

PotentiaSapientiaAudacia Aviator Zero's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Visit Aviator Zero's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Exactly, or at least now that episodes apparently get official summaries, we include that quick blurb at the top of Synopsis and call it Official Summary, maybe with italic text or something else. Then the rest of Synopsis is detailed by the fans.

I'll do those tonight since I saw 75 and 76 today. They won't be as ridiculously detailed as other episodes are, but I'll do my best. I'll ignore the hidden message and leave the Official Summary thing to whoever thinks it's worth having and knows the best way for it to appear on the page.

Last thing, where do these official summaries come from? A magazine? Website?

edit: I'm dead tired. I'll do 'em tomorrow.

edit edit: Screw that noise, it took me two hours to write one synopsis. ( http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/AG138 )

Don't count on me to do the BW ones... or any other synopses... ever. I may, but... unlikely.
    Last edited by Aviator Zero; 28th August 2012 at 03:54 AM.

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

I think they're translations of the Japanese summaries which we get from the TV Tokyo website, or something like that.

Post Thanks / Like

Might I suggest a function that would allow one to type in the names of up to six pokemon and for Bulbapedia to open a separate tab for the pokemon entered? This would also be useful for making a team you think up and also for looking at all three evolutions of a particular three-stage evolution pokemon at once, which I frequently find myself doing to see when they learn particular moves ("how long do I need to deal with this lesser evolution to get hydro pump" x_x).

Granted, I know nothing about how much work would be involved in creating such a function.

The Sworn Brothers Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Aviator Zero View Post
    Last thing, where do these official summaries come from? A magazine? Website?
    They always come from the official sources including TV Tokyo's official website, Newtype magazine, Pokemon Fan magazine, and Dengeki magazine etc.

Post Thanks / Like

In an early artwork for the first pokemon games, there is this image with red, blue and a girl plus the three starter Pokemon, the girl was a possible female character in the game, but was scrapped.
    Now in the original intro of the anime, there was this girl (pikachu ran through her legs). As far as I know, this girl never appeared in the anime, is it possible that she is the girl from the artwork? Some sort of last cameo, teased for both anime and game, but never appeared?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tbschen View Post
    In an early artwork for the first pokemon games, there is this image with red, blue and a girl plus the three starter Pokemon, the girl was a possible female character in the game, but was scrapped.
    Now in the original intro of the anime, there was this girl (pikachu ran through her legs). As far as I know, this girl never appeared in the anime, is it possible that she is the girl from the artwork? Some sort of last cameo, teased for both anime and game, but never appeared?
    Blue (the girl in the artwork you mentioned, AKA Green outside of Japan) wears a black dress, black shoes, and white gloves. The girl in the first season intro is a Lass and wears the same outfit as a Lass wears in-game. She never appeared in the anime as a character, but Giselle of the Pokémon Academy wears similar clothing.

Also, this thread is not the place for that kind of question.
    Last edited by Aviator Zero; 28th August 2012 at 02:12 AM.

Humaniod Typhoon Vash teh Stampede's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

How come the the Artworks of Red/Blue being used for the Gen 1 pokemon. Why not just use the Fire Read and Leaf Green art, which is up to date?
    Example: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Vulpix
    Black FC: 0519 3947 1196

Bulbapedia Administrator Force Fire's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vash teh Stampede View Post
    How come the the Artworks of Red/Blue being used for the Gen 1 pokemon. Why not just use the Fire Read and Leaf Green art, which is up to date?
    Example: Vulpix (Pokémon) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia
    It's the anniversary of Red and Blues release. It'll be back to normal soon.

Team Black

Team White

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow VeggiePopper On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    Really, when you look at the major theme in the franchise (i.e., friendship) one begins to wonder why the term happiness persisted for so long other than nobody raising the point earlier.
    Actually, I did raise the point years ago (you can see my post on the article's Talk page). Just nobody noticed me. But thanks for bringing tthe point again, I always disliked the term "happiness".

Pt: 5285 3562 3697- Veggie
    SS: 5156 5108 0540- Dany
    B1: 0175 8413 2944- Popper
    B2: 1163 7552 4502- Jonatan
    3DS: 1418-6718-4136

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Saffron City (stage) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

This article displays different damage values for the Pokémon that emerge from Silph Co. than what is present on the SSB Wikia and SSB Wiki. Not only that, but I tested it myself using Link, and got the following: Venusaur does 20% on contact initially and 8% subsequently, with each Razor Leaf doing 3%. Charmander does 10% on contact and 2% with each Flamethrower flame. Porygon does 18% on contact each time.

What's going on? I'm gonna try it again just to make sure, but how could Bulbapedia have different values from two other supposedly fan-crafted wikis and a test on my part?

Could anyone else fire up their N64 and confirm the damage values?
    Last edited by Aviator Zero; 2nd September 2012 at 10:15 PM.

#1 Magnemite fan MAGNEDETH's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Post Thanks / Like
    Follow MAGNEDETH On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Aviator Zero View Post
    What's going on? I'm gonna try it again just to make sure, but how could Bulbapedia have different values from two other supposedly fan-crafted wikis and a test on my part?
    You're overreacting to a rather simple answer, which would be "they may be wrong" and then we find out if we are or not.
    Those damage values were added in 2008, when the page was made. There's no way of knowing how the original creator of the page got the info.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MAGNEDETH View Post
    You're overreacting to a rather simple answer, which would be "they may be wrong" and then we find out if we are or not.
    Those damage values were added in 2008, when the page was made. There's no way of knowing how the original creator of the page got the info.
    This is more about the article in question than my perceived overreaction.
    I'll try it again a few times with different characters, see if my values are the same, and promptly add them to the page. I know that damage is lessened if the attack is repeated (maybe that's why Flamethrower did 2% instead of 3%? We'll see), but in any case, I'll do another test.

If someone else could too, that'd be great. Call up some buddies for some Smash. Say you gotta do a thing for a gaming website. Shouldn't take more than 15 minutes.

EDIT: Damage values confirmed and updated.
    Last edited by Aviator Zero; 7th September 2012 at 12:36 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

In Episode 116 Season 2 (The Rivalry Revival), when Ash looks to the field filled with Rhydon, Ryhorn, etc. (around 7:50), I believe I can see a Donphan in the field in front of the 2 smaller lakes. I also see a bellsprout next to the right lake. This could be added to the episode description. Could be I'm wrong about the Donphan thou, any feedback on this?

Yours truly

Post Thanks / Like

I've noticed a lot of maps are missing for Heart Gold and Soul Silver (and even a few for Gen II, such as Whirl Islands). How are those maps created?

Bulbapedia Administrator Force Fire's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I've noticed a lot of maps are missing for Heart Gold and Soul Silver (and even a few for Gen II, such as Whirl Islands). How are those maps created?
    They are ripped from the game.

Team Black

Team White