BULBAPEDIA: Suggestions, ideas, and problems - Page 133

Page 133 of 170 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 2537
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Early today I was thinking, wouldn't it be a great idea to have a move origin section, like there is with pokémon? I frequently see people questioning why a move does what it does, such as with aerial ace's wide distribution, why razor leaf is a physical attack, why faint attack is not related to the user fainting, etc. It seems like it would make for interesting information, with moves based on rituals (fire blast), sci-fi references (simple beam), strange phenomena (will o wisp, fire spin), physics concepts (gyro ball), weapons such as caltrops (spikes), among others.

Registered User TorchicBlaziken's Avatar

I think the Warlords of Pokémon Conquest should have their own pages. Even if they're based on real people with their own Wikipedia pages, there's a lot of fictional elements that we could cover, like about their role in the plot, and what Pokémon they use. Maybe the generic Warriors could all be lumped together in one page, though.

#1 Magnemite fan MAGNEDETH's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Follow MAGNEDETH On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by TorchicBlaziken View Post
    I think the Warlords of Pokémon Conquest should have their own pages. Even if they're based on real people with their own Wikipedia pages, there's a lot of fictional elements that we could cover, like about their role in the plot, and what Pokémon they use. Maybe the generic Warriors could all be lumped together in one page, though.
    we are currently working on how we want to organize the Conquest information. characters, Pokemon, locations, etc.

The Sworn Brothers Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post
    Will someone ever add the teams that all the Gym Leaders use in the Tournament in Black 2 vand White 2?
    Please have some patience, we are trying our best to update the articles. You are more than welcome to contribute.

Quote Originally Posted by Adyniz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post
    Will someone ever add the teams that all the Gym Leaders use in the Tournament in Black 2 vand White 2?
    Please have some patience, we are trying our best to update the articles. You are more than welcome to contribute.
    I wish I could, but I have no information about the game, and also I don't know how I can contribute :( I'd be more than willing to help, though. Also, I'm not trying to rush you or anything, I just wanted to know if the information is going to appear sometime. Don't worry, I'll wait! :)

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Hayarotle View Post
    Early today I was thinking, wouldn't it be a great idea to have a move origin section, like there is with pokémon? I frequently see people questioning why a move does what it does, such as with aerial ace's wide distribution, why razor leaf is a physical attack, why faint attack is not related to the user fainting, etc. It seems like it would make for interesting information, with moves based on rituals (fire blast), sci-fi references (simple beam), strange phenomena (will o wisp, fire spin), physics concepts (gyro ball), weapons such as caltrops (spikes), among others.
    Due to the small number of moves that this actually matters with, currently this information just goes in the trivia section.

Quote Originally Posted by TorchicBlaziken View Post
    Yeah, we've already decided that we want to give them their own pages, we just need to info. They're being linked to their Wikipedia pages right now because they don't have pages yet.

PotentiaSapientiaAudacia Aviator Zero's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Aviator Zero's Youtube Channel

I edited Multi-hit Move with all of the correct calculations. Please do not remove my hard work. Finally, it is easy to see just how much average power and effective power each multi-hit move has.
    Again, let me reiterate: No matter how mundane it may seem, these numbers only provide a better understanding of how damage is calculated in multi-hit moves.

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aviator Zero View Post
    I edited Multi-hit Move with all of the correct calculations. Please do not remove my hard work. Finally, it is easy to see just how much average power and effective power each multi-hit move has.
    Again, let me reiterate: No matter how mundane it may seem, these numbers only provide a better understanding of how damage is calculated in multi-hit moves.
    I understand why average power would be useful, but short of giving every move an effective power, I really don't think it is necessary.

PotentiaSapientiaAudacia Aviator Zero's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Aviator Zero's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxMonster View Post
    I understand why average power would be useful, but short of giving every move an effective power, I really don't think it is necessary.
    That's the thing, though. All of the other hundreds of moves don't need an Effective Power column, because basic statistics dictates that a 100 power move that hits 70% of the time effectively has 70 power on average. That truly is mundane, but 2-5 hit moves, and perhaps Triple Kick and the high critical hit ratio moves are so complicated that it certainly would help to give an idea of the move's expected outcome.

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Might be a dumb question, but what constitutes "stealing from other websites" in the context of sourcing and citing information?

I want to get around to expanding articles about some of the older or defunct fansites from the turn of the millenium. I found a wiki with a wealth of UPNetwork information that would be useful for the Bulbapedia article. If I write it in my own words and cite the source, is that okay? I know it's worked in school projects, but I don't know what the wiki admins think.

Fish fingers and custard Werdnae's Avatar Former Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UnovaCastaway View Post
    Might be a dumb question, but what constitutes "stealing from other websites" in the context of sourcing and citing information?

I want to get around to expanding articles about some of the older or defunct fansites from the turn of the millenium. I found a wiki with a wealth of UPNetwork information that would be useful for the Bulbapedia article. If I write it in my own words and cite the source, is that okay? I know it's worked in school projects, but I don't know what the wiki admins think.
    With wikis it depends on the license of the wiki as to what extent the information can be sourced, but I would be surprised if any wiki used a license that didn't allow facts to be cited with attribution when it's written in your own words.

In general, as long as a source is considered reliable for information on the subject and they haven't specifically told us that they don't want to be used as a source of info (e.g.: Serebii.net), they're fine to use as a source, again provided there is attribution.
    Thanks Jo The Marten for the avatar.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
    Night will fall and drown the sun,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Friendship dies and true love lies,
    night will fall and the dark will rise,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Demons run, but count the cost.
    The battle's won, but the child is lost.

Follow xrick On Twitter Add xrick on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by UnovaCastaway View Post

UPNetwork? Can you give a more detailed idea of that?
    Also, could you provide a link to that wiki? I'd like to read what it may have that Bulbapedia doesn't so far (I kinda love trivia).

Follow xrick On Twitter Add xrick on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    This is about the card game? Or something else? I'm not quite getting it...
    Last edited by xrick; 16th July 2012 at 06:38 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aviator Zero View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxMonster View Post
    That's the thing, though. All of the other hundreds of moves don't need an Effective Power column, because basic statistics dictates that a 100 power move that hits 70% of the time effectively has 70 power on average. That truly is mundane, but 2-5 hit moves, and perhaps Triple Kick and the high critical hit ratio moves are so complicated that it certainly would help to give an idea of the move's expected outcome.
    Yes, but once you've given it an average power column, you put it on par with all other moves. So unless we go through and add effective power to all moves, it is giving multi-hit moves unnecessary information that applies to all moves exactly the same.

However, effective power would make sense for Triple Kick, since each attack has its own accuracy check.