Page 130 of 171 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 2553

Thread: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Bulbapedia Administrator Force Fire's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Quote Originally Posted by Tophat Dragoneye View Post
    Saw an error in Elekid's article where it says what it learns by leveling up. Leer and Start have switched places of where they should be (the B2W2 and Move column respectively).
    Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by pattyman View Post
    Castelia Sewers made a very early appearance in the anime, A Venipede Stampede! to be exact, where Ash and the others including Burgh were investigating sounds coming from the sewers and find a Venipede. The anime info is missing on the page. The image of it has already been uploaded.
    No. Just because the anime has a sewer in Castelia City doesn't mean it is the sewers from the game. Besides, the anime episode came well before B2W2.

Team Black

Team White

Registered User Archives Junior
    Post Thanks / Like

This is where the term, a very early appearance, came from as the episode did air before the sequels of Black and White.

PotentiaSapientiaAudacia Aviator Zero's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Visit Aviator Zero's Youtube Channel

I'd like to suggest adding information to the page Multi-hit move. Specifically, I think it would benefit the understanding of damage calculation if the average damage were calculated per move. Multi-hit moves (lasting 2-5 hits) are an oddity; the chances of 2 hits is 3/8, 3 is 3/8, 4 is 1/8, and 5 is 1/8. For instance, Fury Swipes does 18 damage per hit, but the average amount of hits is NOT (2+5)/2. Even veekun doesn't accurately explain the damage calculation, saying just that 80% accuracy factored into 18 power per hit is effectively 14.4 power.

I will be willing to calculate the different moves' effective powers if I can create two new columns in the table "List of Multi-hit Moves." The first new one would be Average Power, which would calculate the average power of a move if it hits. The other would be Effective Power, which factors in accuracy.

For example, given Fury Swipes's different chances of hitting a number of times, the Average Power is 54 ((36x3 + 54x3 + 72 + 90)/8). Considering the move only hits 80% of the time, the Effective Power would be 43.2. Make sense?

Again, I really feel like this would help everyone understand how these moves work. If Bulbapedia is supposed to be the most comprehensive and informative Pokémon wiki in the world, wouldn't this be part of that ideal?

This is all assuming that Bulbapedia is unlocked sometime in the near future.
    Last edited by Aviator Zero; 4th July 2012 at 01:50 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Follow Solar Dragon On Twitter Add Solar Dragon on Facebook
    Follow Solar Dragon on Tumblr Visit Solar Dragon's Youtube Channel

After reading the talk page "Big Stadium and Small Court" about the amount of trainers the page will have to have added to get it complete, I would suggest splitting the page into "Big Stadium" and "Small Court" rather than having the page for both of them together.

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Force Fire View Post
    Castelia Sewers made a very early appearance in the anime, A Venipede Stampede! to be exact, where Ash and the others including Burgh were investigating sounds coming from the sewers and find a Venipede. The anime info is missing on the page. The image of it has already been uploaded.
    No. Just because the anime has a sewer in Castelia City doesn't mean it is the sewers from the game. Besides, the anime episode came well before B2W2.
    I disagree. The "Castelia Sewers" refers to all sewers in Castelia City. I think it should be on the page.

Post Thanks / Like

When will the database be unlocked?

Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Solar Dragon View Post
    After reading the talk page "Big Stadium and Small Court" about the amount of trainers the page will have to have added to get it complete, I would suggest splitting the page into "Big Stadium" and "Small Court" rather than having the page for both of them together.
    As also mentioned on the talk page, that can't be done properly because of the post-game trainers being in both locations.
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

Post Thanks / Like

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Barry_(anime)
    Someone placed the gender of Barry's Staraptor as male without any evidence on how it is male (gender differences don't count since they can get confusing).
    Last edited by pattyman; 30th June 2012 at 06:36 PM. Reason: wanted to link it

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think it's because his Staraptor has a large spot on its forehead, but even then, that alone doesn't make good evidence as marking size-differences can vary in the anime.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Post Thanks / Like

Hugh's German name comes also from Matiz (portuguese for Hue).
    Visit my Pokémon Remix Channel on YouTube!
    Pokémon DPPtHGSS Reinstrumentations and more!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Master Emerald View Post
    Hugh's German name comes also from Matiz (portuguese for Hue).
    Did you Google Translate it? I'm not sure if they really named him Hue because it means matriz in Portuguese, but it kind of makes sense. Some english websites claim "corless" to be Akuroma's English name, and cor is Portuguese for color, and "Achroma" seems to come from achromatic.

Oh, and I have a problem: every time I try to see any page that isn't the Main Page, I get an "Error 503 Service Unavailable".

Post Thanks / Like

I just watched the dub episode of An Amazing Aerial Battle! and no one in the episode mentioned Ash's Tranquill's glowing wings being the move Wing Attack. She was only told to accelerate in the sky if I remember correctly. Gust and Air Cutter had the glowing wings.
    Last edited by pattyman; 2nd July 2012 at 04:09 PM. Reason: grammar

The Sworn Brothers Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

I just watched the dub episode of An Amazing Aerial Battle! and no one in the episode mentioned Ash's Tranquill's glowing wings being the move Wing Attack. She was only told to accelerate in the sky if I remember correctly. Gust and Air Cutter had the glowing wings.
    No, she was not told to accelerate. Ash simply said "Attack, now!", probably because of the dub re-writing, or it was their attempt to hide the fact that Pidove family cannot learn "Wing Attack" in the games. On the contrary, the Japanese version clearly mentioned the name of the move that is "Tsubasa de Utsu" (literally: Strike with Wings, or in simple words "Wing Attack").

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Adyniz View Post
    No, she was not told to accelerate. Ash simply said "Attack, now!", probably because of the dub re-writing, or it was their attempt to hide the fact that Pidove family cannot learn "Wing Attack" in the games. On the contrary, the Japanese version clearly mentioned the name of the move that is "Tsubasa de Utsu" (literally: Strike with Wings, or in simple words "Wing Attack").
    Whoops, Skyla was the one who told her Pokémon to accelerate. As for Wing Attack, it may count as a Japanese version only error due to it being left out in the dub and there is a section for that. This happened before with Ash's Starly as it used Whirlwind in the dub and Gust in the Jap. version.

The Sworn Brothers Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

Whoops, Skyla was the one who told her Pokémon to accelerate. As for Wing Attack, it may count as a Japanese version only error due to it being left out in the dub and there is a section for that. This happened before with Ash's Starly as it used Whirlwind in the dub and Gust in the Jap. version.
    It wasn't left out but more of a re-worded. If it was an error and was suppose to be some other move, TPCi would have used the correct move name instead, like in the case of Starly, where they completely changed the move name and replaced the original move with something it could learn legitimately.