BULBAPEDIA: Suggestions, ideas, and problems - Page 130
Page 130 of 171 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 2553

Thread: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

  1. #1936
    Bulbapedia Administrator Force Fire's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,363
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    113

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Tophat Dragoneye View Post
    Saw an error in Elekid's article where it says what it learns by leveling up. Leer and Start have switched places of where they should be (the B2W2 and Move column respectively).
    Fixed.

    Quote Originally Posted by pattyman View Post
    Castelia Sewers made a very early appearance in the anime, A Venipede Stampede! to be exact, where Ash and the others including Burgh were investigating sounds coming from the sewers and find a Venipede. The anime info is missing on the page. The image of it has already been uploaded.
    No. Just because the anime has a sewer in Castelia City doesn't mean it is the sewers from the game. Besides, the anime episode came well before B2W2.

    Team Black


    Team White



  2. #1937
    Registered User Archives Junior
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    This is where the term, a very early appearance, came from as the episode did air before the sequels of Black and White.

  3. #1938
    PotentiaSapientiaAudacia Aviator Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    251
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    96

    Visit Aviator Zero's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    I'd like to suggest adding information to the page Multi-hit move. Specifically, I think it would benefit the understanding of damage calculation if the average damage were calculated per move. Multi-hit moves (lasting 2-5 hits) are an oddity; the chances of 2 hits is 3/8, 3 is 3/8, 4 is 1/8, and 5 is 1/8. For instance, Fury Swipes does 18 damage per hit, but the average amount of hits is NOT (2+5)/2. Even veekun doesn't accurately explain the damage calculation, saying just that 80% accuracy factored into 18 power per hit is effectively 14.4 power.

    I will be willing to calculate the different moves' effective powers if I can create two new columns in the table "List of Multi-hit Moves." The first new one would be Average Power, which would calculate the average power of a move if it hits. The other would be Effective Power, which factors in accuracy.

    For example, given Fury Swipes's different chances of hitting a number of times, the Average Power is 54 ((36x3 + 54x3 + 72 + 90)/8). Considering the move only hits 80% of the time, the Effective Power would be 43.2. Make sense?

    Again, I really feel like this would help everyone understand how these moves work. If Bulbapedia is supposed to be the most comprehensive and informative Pokémon wiki in the world, wouldn't this be part of that ideal?

    This is all assuming that Bulbapedia is unlocked sometime in the near future.
    Last edited by Aviator Zero; 4th July 2012 at 01:50 PM.

  4. #1939
    Registered User Solar Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    England
    Posts
    68
    Post Thanks / Like
    Follow Solar Dragon On Twitter Add Solar Dragon on Facebook
    Follow Solar Dragon on Tumblr Visit Solar Dragon's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    After reading the talk page "Big Stadium and Small Court" about the amount of trainers the page will have to have added to get it complete, I would suggest splitting the page into "Big Stadium" and "Small Court" rather than having the page for both of them together.

  5. #1940
    A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,226
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    4
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Force Fire View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pattyman View Post
    Castelia Sewers made a very early appearance in the anime, A Venipede Stampede! to be exact, where Ash and the others including Burgh were investigating sounds coming from the sewers and find a Venipede. The anime info is missing on the page. The image of it has already been uploaded.
    No. Just because the anime has a sewer in Castelia City doesn't mean it is the sewers from the game. Besides, the anime episode came well before B2W2.
    I disagree. The "Castelia Sewers" refers to all sewers in Castelia City. I think it should be on the page.

  6. #1941
    Registered User PenblooeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    39
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    When will the database be unlocked?

  7. #1942
    Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Black City
    Posts
    8,598
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    422

    Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Solar Dragon View Post
    After reading the talk page "Big Stadium and Small Court" about the amount of trainers the page will have to have added to get it complete, I would suggest splitting the page into "Big Stadium" and "Small Court" rather than having the page for both of them together.
    As also mentioned on the talk page, that can't be done properly because of the post-game trainers being in both locations.
    Avatar artwork by アカネ
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

  8. #1943
    Registered User Archives Junior
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Barry_(anime)
    Someone placed the gender of Barry's Staraptor as male without any evidence on how it is male (gender differences don't count since they can get confusing).
    Last edited by pattyman; 30th June 2012 at 06:36 PM. Reason: wanted to link it

  9. #1944
    Sleep tight Isamu Akai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,221
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    I think it's because his Staraptor has a large spot on its forehead, but even then, that alone doesn't make good evidence as marking size-differences can vary in the anime.


    Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

  10. #1945
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    60
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    Hugh's German name comes also from Matiz (portuguese for Hue).
    Visit my Pokémon Remix Channel on YouTube!
    Pokémon DPPtHGSS Reinstrumentations and more!

  11. #1946
    Registered User PenblooeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    39
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Master Emerald View Post
    Hugh's German name comes also from Matiz (portuguese for Hue).
    Did you Google Translate it? I'm not sure if they really named him Hue because it means matriz in Portuguese, but it kind of makes sense. Some english websites claim "corless" to be Akuroma's English name, and cor is Portuguese for color, and "Achroma" seems to come from achromatic.

    Oh, and I have a problem: every time I try to see any page that isn't the Main Page, I get an "Error 503 Service Unavailable".

  12. #1947
    Registered User Archives Junior
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    I just watched the dub episode of An Amazing Aerial Battle! and no one in the episode mentioned Ash's Tranquill's glowing wings being the move Wing Attack. She was only told to accelerate in the sky if I remember correctly. Gust and Air Cutter had the glowing wings.
    Last edited by pattyman; 2nd July 2012 at 04:09 PM. Reason: grammar

  13. #1948
    The Sworn Brothers Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    2,455
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    2
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    Quote Originally Posted by pattyman View Post
    I just watched the dub episode of An Amazing Aerial Battle! and no one in the episode mentioned Ash's Tranquill's glowing wings being the move Wing Attack. She was only told to accelerate in the sky if I remember correctly. Gust and Air Cutter had the glowing wings.
    No, she was not told to accelerate. Ash simply said "Attack, now!", probably because of the dub re-writing, or it was their attempt to hide the fact that Pidove family cannot learn "Wing Attack" in the games. On the contrary, the Japanese version clearly mentioned the name of the move that is "Tsubasa de Utsu" (literally: Strike with Wings, or in simple words "Wing Attack").

  14. #1949
    Registered User Archives Junior
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Adyniz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pattyman View Post
    I just watched the dub episode of An Amazing Aerial Battle! and no one in the episode mentioned Ash's Tranquill's glowing wings being the move Wing Attack. She was only told to accelerate in the sky if I remember correctly. Gust and Air Cutter had the glowing wings.
    No, she was not told to accelerate. Ash simply said "Attack, now!", probably because of the dub re-writing, or it was their attempt to hide the fact that Pidove family cannot learn "Wing Attack" in the games. On the contrary, the Japanese version clearly mentioned the name of the move that is "Tsubasa de Utsu" (literally: Strike with Wings, or in simple words "Wing Attack").
    Whoops, Skyla was the one who told her Pokémon to accelerate. As for Wing Attack, it may count as a Japanese version only error due to it being left out in the dub and there is a section for that. This happened before with Ash's Starly as it used Whirlwind in the dub and Gust in the Jap. version.

  15. #1950
    The Sworn Brothers Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    2,455
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    2
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    Quote Originally Posted by pattyman View Post
    Whoops, Skyla was the one who told her Pokémon to accelerate. As for Wing Attack, it may count as a Japanese version only error due to it being left out in the dub and there is a section for that. This happened before with Ash's Starly as it used Whirlwind in the dub and Gust in the Jap. version.
    It wasn't left out but more of a re-worded. If it was an error and was suppose to be some other move, TPCi would have used the correct move name instead, like in the case of Starly, where they completely changed the move name and replaced the original move with something it could learn legitimately.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •