BULBAPEDIA: Suggestions, ideas, and problems - Page 13

Page 13 of 170 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Blog Entries

Default Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea/problem thread

Pointing out something: sometimes when I click on the "diff" link to check an article that has been recently changed, sometimes the changes aren't reflected above when comparing the two revisions even though on the recent changes page, the page size has changed.

Bulbapedia Editorial Board Zesty Cactus's Avatar Bulbapedia Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rockersk08 View Post
    Pointing out something: sometimes when I click on the "diff" link to check an article that has been recently changed, sometimes the changes aren't reflected above when comparing the two revisions even though on the recent changes page, the page size has changed.
    from the site issues thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by MAGNEDETH View Post
    while this is an extremely annoying problem, we are aware of it, and are working on it.
    i agree, it's annoying as hell. >:[
    one workaround i found is try clicking "undo" but then not actually undoing it... then you can basically see the changes backwards. :P
    Last edited by Zesty Cactus; 11th March 2010 at 08:04 PM.

Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

Does nobody else notice that on the main page the countdown says that there's just one day left til the release of HG/SS? when its clearly Friday right now and its not the 14th until TWO days from now? :/

Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

1 Day and some-odd hours. Add the hours and minutes to your time (+1 for DST), it'll carry you to Saturday...then subtract the day. Sunday. That's it.
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

hmm..makes sense. thanks lol

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

1 day, 8 hours...

Formely Foreign Travler Isramon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Isramon On Twitter

O.K, two things:
    1. I noticed you didn't implement my comments about the Hebrew names of Meowth and Persian.
    And 2. I just watched EP031 on Pokemon.com (Dig Those Diglett) and noticed something odd: when the rest of the trainers who were there to get rid of Diglett call out their Pokemon, one can be clearly heard as saying "Go, Porygon"; but Porygon wasn't introduced in any country outside of Japan due to the Seizure Episode.

#1 Magnemite fan MAGNEDETH's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Follow MAGNEDETH On Twitter

cant comment on the Hebrew thing, but Porygon was most definitely introduced in America. just not in its own episode. it did have some movie cameos though.

Formely Foreign Travler Isramon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Isramon On Twitter

Yeah, but for anime watchers he wasn't introduced. You have to realise that the anime's American producers planned the anime so it would fit for people how do not play the games or the TCG.

Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

Have we ever considered ripping the over-world sprites for trainer pages and misc referencing? Because when there are bits of information like, "Although he cannot be battled, the Elder in the Dragon's Den has the same overworld sprite as the Elder in the Sprout Tower," it makes you wanna know what this over-world sprite looks like, especially if they don't have access to the game.
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

The Sworn Brothers Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

Here is the suggestion,
    Please change this whole TR theme. Its getting lame and super annoying now.
    Red and silver color is everywhere which is ANNOYING me a lot.
    HGSS released yesterday.
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE turn the FORUM THEME + ARCHIEVES + NEWS + BULBAPEDIA back to NORMAL.
    Thank you.
    Please.

Not as long as Master Apollo's got his grip on the place. As long as Wendy's continuing to show we're turning a profit (I seem to recall we just now recently got back in the black after whatever happened to poor Oca/Ōka/Orm/whatshisface), Master Apollo ain't loosening his grip anytime soon.

Granted, my keys to the main facility don't seem to be working, and nobody's spared me a working key as of yet...I wonder if Ken or Harry are willing to spare me theirs? I really need to get my maintenance done, I've already got a backlog...

Well, i decided not to read through 11 pages and i'm just gonna say it.

There is a paragraph in the character description of Ash Ketchum in the anime that says:

"In most episodes of the anime, especially those during the Johto League saga, Ash befriends someone who will influence him and cause him to strive to become a better Trainer. Although he is not a dependent individual, he is still young and has learned to make his way relying on his friends, particularly the maternal skills of Brock. The honor of "best friend" is usually reserved for Pikachu but Ash has come to see his closest human friends in the same light over time; using the term for Misty and Brock in Gotta Catch Ya Later as well as May and Max in Battling the Enemy Within."

When i checked the links to the episodes mentioned, i noticed that in each episode he sees Ho-Oh. Including the episode where he befriends pikachu, it can be safely said that:

When Ash first befriends his best friend Pikachu and when he uses the term "best friend" for Misty and Brock in Gotta Catch Ya Later as well as May and Max in Battling the Enemy Within, he sees Ho-Oh. That makes a total of three viewings. These are also the only moments that he has ever seen Ho-oh to date.

I figure this could be trivia for ash, appended to the character paragraph mentioned above, and/or added to Ho-oh's Anime description.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Well, i decided not to read through 11 pages and i'm just gonna say it.

There is a paragraph in the character description of Ash Ketchum in the anime that says:

"In most episodes of the anime, especially those during the Johto League saga, Ash befriends someone who will influence him and cause him to strive to become a better Trainer. Although he is not a dependent individual, he is still young and has learned to make his way relying on his friends, particularly the maternal skills of Brock. The honor of "best friend" is usually reserved for Pikachu but Ash has come to see his closest human friends in the same light over time; using the term for Misty and Brock in Gotta Catch Ya Later as well as May and Max in Battling the Enemy Within."

When i checked the links to the episodes mentioned, i noticed that in each episode he sees Ho-Oh. Including the episode where he befriends pikachu, it can be safely said that:

When Ash first befriends his best friend Pikachu and when he uses the term "best friend" for Misty and Brock in Gotta Catch Ya Later as well as May and Max in Battling the Enemy Within, he sees Ho-Oh. That makes a total of three viewings. These are also the only moments that he has ever seen Ho-oh to date.

I figure this could be trivia for ash, appended to the character paragraph mentioned above, and/or added to Ho-oh's Anime description.
    That sounds like a very crufty pharagraph, any way you word it.

Registered User TorchicBlaziken's Avatar

Default Pokémon walking sprites

Now that there's a whole new set of sprites for Pokémon following you, (from HGSS) I think that these sprites should be put on Pokémon articles, as its battle sprites are.