BULBAPEDIA: Suggestions, ideas, and problems - Page 128
Page 128 of 180 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 2689

Thread: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Blog Entries

Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxMonster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thingamajig View Post
    Just a thought regarding anime episode and movie pages - seeing as there seems to be a definite shift towards aspects of Black 2 and White 2 with Best Wishes season 2 (and the 15th movie), should we add something like...

"Isshu 2|Unova 2|B2W2|Black & White 2|Best Wishes 2=3B3A47"

and

"Isshu 2|Unova 2|B2W2|Black & White 2|Best Wishes 2=C4A9A9"

to the pages Template:Colorschemedark and Template:Colorschemelight respectively, and use those colours (or similarly tinted shades of grey) as the colour schemes for Best Wishes season 2 episodes and M15?
    We've put a separate colorscheme in place for B2W2. It doesn't exactly match your suggested on, but it is the same basis as you suggested.
    Yeah, I noticed it. Looks great, thanks.

In glorious technicolor The Outrage's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So bringing this up again because of something I noticed on the page

On the first line of the page, it reads:
    The legendary musketeers (Japanese sacred swordsmen) is a collective term to refer to the quartet of Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, and Keldeo.
    So is the Japanese term there a fan-coined phrase as well, or is that what it's officially known in Japanese? If it's what they are officially called, I don't see why the move has to be discussed. I just find it weird that it mentions the Japanese term since it doesn't do that for other fan-named Legendary group pages.

消え人
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    So is the Japanese term there a fan-coined phrase as well, or is that what it's officially known in Japanese? If it's what they are officially called, I don't see why the move has to be discussed. I just find it weird that it mentions the Japanese term since it doesn't do that for other fan-named Legendary group pages.
    聖剣士 is used in official Japanese sources-- CoroCoro, movie trailers, the manga and even the movie title.

However, only in relation to the movie. When referring to the games, the same trio that get called 聖剣士 a few pages later in the movie coverage, get called "コバルオンたち", 'Cobalion etc.'., so 聖剣士 would appear to be a movie-only term.

Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by bluesun View Post
    聖剣士 is used in official Japanese sources-- CoroCoro, movie trailers, the manga and even the movie title.

However, only in relation to the movie. When referring to the games, the same trio that get called 聖剣士 a few pages later in the movie coverage, get called "コバルオンたち", 'Cobalion etc.'., so 聖剣士 would appear to be a movie-only term.
    Isn't "Lake Guardians" an anime-only term in the same vein? It's still a more official collective than anything fanmade.
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Luna Tiger View Post

Isn't "Lake Guardians" an anime-only term in the same vein? It's still a more official collective than anything fanmade.
    Given that Bulbapedia has a policy to use anime art when game art isn't available for things like Trainer classes, and the fact that he Lake guardians page seemed to have been named that for this very reason, I'd say there's no reason to conclude this for one page, but then have to discuss it for another page. Legendary Musketeers wasn't even a universally used name (at least on the forums) until Bulbapedia chose to use it.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 17th June 2012 at 09:05 AM.

Elite Bulbapedian SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Given that Bulbapedia has a policy to use anime art when game art isn't available for things like Trainer classes, and the fact that he Lake guardians page seemed to have been named that for this very reason, I'd say there's no reason to conclude this for one page, but then have to discuss it for another page. Legendary Musketeers wasn't even a universally used name (at least on the forums) until Bulbapedia chose to use it.
    Well, the main difference is that this is a Japanese name, whereas "lake guardians" was used in the dub (so was "lake trio", but I'm not trying to get it moved). And since we use dub titles rather than Japanese names where available, dub names are important.

However, we should be using official Japanese terms over English fan names. Everyone agreed that we'll move it to what they're named in the dub, but several people didn't want to move it yet because they anticipated it wouldn't be too long until we get the dub name. I think that it should be moved though (we have plenty of gullible hard-working users willing to relink moved pages).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Looker View Post

Well, the main difference is that this is a Japanese name, whereas "lake guardians" was used in the dub (so was "lake trio", but I'm not trying to get it moved). And since we use dub titles rather than Japanese names where available, dub names are important.

However, we should be using official Japanese terms over English fan names. Everyone agreed that we'll move it to what they're named in the dub, but several people didn't want to move it yet because they anticipated it wouldn't be too long until we get the dub name. I think that it should be moved though (we have plenty of gullible hard-working users willing to relink moved pages).
    But they're named after their moves, which we have a translation of already. But yeah, if what you're waiting for is dub-confirmed usage, then I guess its fine. I don't want to be all "they're definitely going to call the Sacred Swordsmen in the dub" then have the dub suddenly call them something completely different.

Blog Entries

And if, by chance, the dub doesn't call them anything? Japanese term it would be then?

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Bulbapedia Administrator Force Fire's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Yes.

Team Black

Team White

The whole dilemma about duos and quartets would be moot if there was simply a page about legendary groups in general instead.

The classification of legendary trio made sense when there was simply 2 trios and some other legends.

Now you have several trios and duos, some with an extra member, some without, some of the extra members being closer to the group, some being clearly superior...

Actually, even worse is the trio masters classification.
    When half of those supposed trio masters are part of the trio itself, something isn't right.

Its inconsistent.
    In one case, you have the rivals Groudon and Kyogre, with a clearly superior Rayquaza, and they are considered a trio.
    In another case you have three golems, and a fourth bigger one, Regigigas, yet no one ever called them a quartet in human history.
    Because these are 2 groups of legendaries,
    -Weather legends, which consist of a duo and their master
    -Golems, which consist of a trio and an extra member.

trios/duos->groups
    master->extra member

Or do we have to wait till there is a group of 5 and they have an additional member that is inferior, for the term master to look too specialized and be replaced by something more general.

User:Saiph charon - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Looker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetcocoa View Post
    I found a problem in "Dark Crater" page for Pokemon Mystery Dungeons. You can find Chameleon there because I found a lot of them.
    Is this Explorers of Sky? My EoS guidebook has them there too, but I need to know if this only applies to Sky or all three PMD2 games.
    Yeah

My Pokemon Black friend code is: 3310 8132 7541

My Pokemon White friend code is: 1421 1327 1404

[[File:|Cheren|link=Cheren]] <- The coding is showing up in the area where it says Aspertia City Gym - Unova Gym #1 on the Aspertia City page.

On Shizui's page, it says Roxie's sprite and VS sprite instead of Shizui.

I think its a really bad idea having spoilers routinely posted to the Bulbapedia front page. Its kind of ridiculous that I can't look up Pokémon on an encyclopaedia without having to dodge around giant "BulbaNewsNow" banners yelling at me that Cresselia and Uxie gonna be B2W2. It might be minor to you, but some of us cherish this stuff when we play and that would have been a very nice surprise had you not spoiled it for me, and I'm sure I'm not the only person who feels that way. Indeed, one of my friends has been avoiding spoilers very well until he went to Bulbapedia to look up Linoone's movepool. =/

Can't you make the feed hide-able, or just not post spoilers to it?

Could someone please add this to Template:Unova? I've added all the new locations, and few locations from the original Black and White that were missing from this template. It's all been spaced out so as to not warp the template. Could help speed up article creation for you guys.

{| align="center" width=700px; class="roundy" style="background: #FFFFFF; border: 2px solid #{{unova color dark}};"
    |- align="center"
    | class="roundy" style="background:#FFFFFF; font-size: 90%;" | '''Settlements'''<br>[[Nuvema Town]] • [[Accumula Town]] • [[Striaton City]] • [[Nacrene City]] • [[Castelia City]] • [[Nimbasa City]] • [[Anville Town]]<br>[[Driftveil City]] • [[Mistralton City]] • [[Icirrus City]] • [[Opelucid City]] • [[Pokémon League]] • [[Lacunosa Town]] • [[Undella Town]]<br>[[Black City]] • [[White Forest]] • [[Aspertia City]] • [[Sangi Town]] • [[Virbank City]] • [[Yamaji Town]] • [[Seigaiha City]]
    |- align="center"
    | class="roundy" style="background:#FFFFFF; font-size: 90%;" | '''[[Route|{{color|000|Routes}}]] and Crossings'''<br>{{rtn|1|Unova}} • {{rtn|2|Unova}} • {{rtn|3|Unova}} • {{rtn|4|Unova}} • {{rtn|5|Unova}} • {{rtn|6|Unova}} • {{rtn|7|Unova}} • {{rtn|8|Unova}} • {{rtn|9|Unova}} • {{rtn|10|Unova}} • {{rtn|11|Unova}} • {{rtn|12|Unova}} • {{rtn|13|Unova}} • {{rtn|14|Unova}} • {{rtn|15|Unova}} • {{rtn|16|Unova}} • {{rtn|17|Unova}} • {{rtn|18|Unova}} • {{rtn|19|Unova}} • {{rtn|20|Unova}} • {{rtn|21|Unova}} • {{rtn|22|Unova}} • {{rtn|23|Unova}}<br>[[Skyarrow Bridge]] • [[Driftveil Drawbridge]] • [[Tubeline Bridge]] • [[Village Bridge]] • [[Marvelous Bridge]] • [[Marine Tube]]
    |- align="center"
    | class="roundy" style="background:#FFFFFF; font-size: 90%;" | '''Landmarks'''<br>[[Dreamyard]] • [[Wellspring Cave]] • [[Pinwheel Forest]] • [[Liberty Garden]] • [[Desert Resort]] • [[Relic Castle]] • [[Battle Subway]] • [[Lostlorn Forest]]<br>[[Cold Storage]] • [[Mistralton Cave]] • [[Chargestone Cave]] • [[Celestial Tower]] • [[Twist Mountain]] • [[Dragonspiral Tower]] • [[Moor of Icirrus]]<br>[[Challenger's Cave]] • {{un|Victory Road}}• [[N's Castle]] • [[Royal Unova]] • [[Giant Chasm]] • [[Undella Bay]] • [[Abyssal Ruins]] • [[Abundant Shrine]]<br>[[Poké Transfer Lab]] • [[P2 Laboratory]] • [[Entralink]] • [[Unity Tower]] • [[Sangi Ranch]] • [[Oath Woods]] • [[Virbank Industrial Complex]]<br>[[Pokéwood]] • [[Castelia Sewers]] • [[Join Avenue]] • [[Hollow Burrow]] • [[Pokémon World Tournament]] • [[Rebirth Mountain]] • [[Plasma Frigate]]<br>[[Clay Road]] • [[Underground Ruins]] • [[Stranger's House]] • [[Relic Path]] • [[Seaside Cave]] • [[Nature Sanctuary]]
    |}
    Also, Iris is listed as "Elite Four" in her party template, when she should actually be "Champion"