BULBAPEDIA: Suggestions, ideas, and problems - Page 126

Page 126 of 170 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 2537
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

  1. #1876
    Sleep tight Isamu Akai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,215
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    Even then, the wikis that are multilingual (TF2 Wiki comes to mind), their translations aren't automatic and are actually translated by other editors. Editing articles is one thing, but asking people to translate thousands of articles would be asking too much.

    Also, does Bulbapedia have a listing of all of the short link shortcuts that are used for Pokemon Pocket Monsters' character articles? I see them used in the articles, but I can't really tell if there's a reference listing for them. And they don't seem to be quite as simple or easy to remember as {{Adv}} and so on.


    Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

  2. #1877
    Registered User The Outrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,172
    Blog Entries
    951

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxMonster View Post
    It is; in fact, it is a template default. I don't think it is a good idea though, since most BW character artwork was done by Ohmura anyway.
    Given recent trends in which more art is being drawn by other artists, shouldn't the template simply say something along the lines of: "This is the official art of <character>, released in <game>" with the artist being left out until confirmed?
    Isamu Akai likes this.

  3. #1878
    A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,208
    Blog Entries
    3
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Akai View Post
    Also, does Bulbapedia have a listing of all of the short link shortcuts that are used for Pokemon Pocket Monsters' character articles? I see them used in the articles, but I can't really tell if there's a reference listing for them. And they don't seem to be quite as simple or easy to remember as {{Adv}} and so on.
    We don't really have any link templates specialized for Pokémon Pocket Monsters. For pages like Giovanni (Pocket Monsters), you'll need to use {{OBP|Giovanni|Pocket Monsters}}.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    Given recent trends in which more art is being drawn by other artists, shouldn't the template simply say something along the lines of: "This is the official art of <character>, released in <game>" with the artist being left out until confirmed?
    I've modified the template so that all artwork in HGSS and later games requires the illustrator to be set and will not assume, while pre-HGSS still defaults to Sugimori.

  4. #1879
    I'm mean and green Jo The Marten's Avatar Bulbanews WriterSocial Media EditorArchives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Down on Skid Row
    Posts
    2,056
    Blog Entries
    6
    Follow Jo The Marten On Twitter
    Follow Jo The Marten on Tumblr

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Akai View Post
    Even then, the wikis that are multilingual (TF2 Wiki comes to mind), their translations aren't automatic and are actually translated by other editors. Editing articles is one thing, but asking people to translate thousands of articles would be asking too much.

    Also, does Bulbapedia have a listing of all of the short link shortcuts that are used for Pokemon Pocket Monsters' character articles? I see them used in the articles, but I can't really tell if there's a reference listing for them. And they don't seem to be quite as simple or easy to remember as {{Adv}} and so on.
    Well there's this page here. Maybe it will have what you're looking for?

    I'm just a mean green mother from outer space!
    And I am bad!

    [Bulbapedia][Tumblr][Art site][My sweetie ♥][Little Shop of Horrors club]

  5. #1880
    Sleep tight Isamu Akai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,215
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxMonster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Akai View Post
    Also, does Bulbapedia have a listing of all of the short link shortcuts that are used for Pokemon Pocket Monsters' character articles? I see them used in the articles, but I can't really tell if there's a reference listing for them. And they don't seem to be quite as simple or easy to remember as {{Adv}} and so on.
    We don't really have any link templates specialized for Pokémon Pocket Monsters. For pages like Giovanni (Pocket Monsters), you'll need to use {{OBP|Giovanni|Pocket Monsters}}.
    Ah, thank you. If I may also ask, if there's a specific meaning behind OBP?

    I recall that the Pokemon articles, namely Isamu Akai's Clefairy, uses a different shortcut though...


    Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

  6. #1881
    Yes, that's really my neck The dark lord trombonator's Avatar Former Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Southern New Zealand
    Posts
    2,061

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    As far as I know, no one knows what it means. Open bracket parentheses, maybe?
    The dark lord trombonator (trom)
    Former Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief, Bulbapedia Deputy Editor-in-Chief, and Archives Advisor

    Now blogging as 'idiosyncriticnz' at wordpress.com

  7. #1882
    Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    17,302
    Blog Entries
    315
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    May I ask why pokémon pages have all different frontsprites per generation shown, but only list one backsprite per generation,even though the backsprites differ as well? Thanks to this being the case on bulbapedia have believed all this time that backsprites were the same over an entire generation, which they are not.

    Also I'd like to re-suggest this, as I think it's really undermining bulbapedia's usefullness as an online pokedex. Like if space is such a problem just create a seperate page like how it is with past-generation movesets.


  8. #1883
    Fish fingers and custard Werdnae's Avatar Former Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,177
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    May I ask why pokémon pages have all different frontsprites per generation shown, but only list one backsprite per generation,even though the backsprites differ as well? Thanks to this being the case on bulbapedia have believed all this time that backsprites were the same over an entire generation, which they are not.
    That's actually a thing that we're working on. The thing is, we need to actually have the sprites before we can display them, and it's been very difficult getting people to help upload them. We only have a few more games worth of sprites to go (IIRC, Pt, Pt shiny, FRLG shiny and HGSS shiny).
    Thanks Jo The Marten for the avatar.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
    Night will fall and drown the sun,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Friendship dies and true love lies,
    night will fall and the dark will rise,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Demons run, but count the cost.
    The battle's won, but the child is lost.

  9. #1884
    A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,208
    Blog Entries
    3
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Akai View Post
    I recall that the Pokemon articles, namely Isamu Akai's Clefairy, uses a different shortcut though...
    That would be Template:TP. It links to "< Trainer >'s < Pokemon >" as "< Pokemon >".
    Last edited by SnorlaxMonster; 31st May 2012 at 06:32 AM.

  10. #1885
    ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    9,839
    Blog Entries
    24
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    Just wanted to remind you guys of this

    Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu
    Isamu Akai - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

    He has only been called Isamu Akai in one panel in one chapter in the series' nearly 15 year run. He's called Red by everyone else every other time.

    Same with Kai Midorikawa. Nobody ever calls him that, ever.

    The articles really should be changed to refer to them as Red and Green.
    And the reply I got:

    Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxMonster
    The policy is to call them what they are most commonly known as. Same reason N isn't at "Natural Harmonia Gropius". Isamu Akai is most commonly reffered to as Red, so that is where his article should be. Same goes with Green.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 20th, 2014

    | My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

  11. #1886
    Sleep tight Isamu Akai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,215
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    Well if that's what they're most commonly called... Then I suppose the articles will have to be changed though.

    But really, those articles were marked for moving for a very long time without anyone doing anything. When someone removed the tag from Red/Isamu's article, I just naturally thought that the name changes were not important enough considering that no one had moved them before. I could also say the same about Blue's Mewtwo, originally titled Mewtwo (Pocket Monsters), no one did a thing until I contacted Zesty Cactus on her talk page.


    Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

  12. #1887
    gawd i hate green now :( droomph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    poopy
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    barabarabara

    Um yes. It's not a very big problem, but a problem nonetheless.

    So yes. Sometimes, when I'm browsing the wiki using the "random page" link (don't judge me) it'll bug out and start referring me to the same two pages over and over again. It's not a big problem - I can just manually surf the wiki if all else fails - but I thought I'd let you guys know.

  13. #1888
    Registered User Sweetcocoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    I found a problem in "Dark Crater" page for Pokemon Mystery Dungeons. You can find Chameleon there because I found a lot of them.

  14. #1889
    Collects stuff Thingamajig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    652
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    Just a thought regarding anime episode and movie pages - seeing as there seems to be a definite shift towards aspects of Black 2 and White 2 with Best Wishes season 2 (and the 15th movie), should we add something like...

    "Isshu 2|Unova 2|B2W2|Black & White 2|Best Wishes 2=3B3A47"

    and

    "Isshu 2|Unova 2|B2W2|Black & White 2|Best Wishes 2=C4A9A9"

    to the pages Template:Colorschemedark and Template:Colorschemelight respectively, and use those colours (or similarly tinted shades of grey) as the colour schemes for Best Wishes season 2 episodes and M15?

  15. #1890
    A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,208
    Blog Entries
    3
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetcocoa View Post
    I found a problem in "Dark Crater" page for Pokemon Mystery Dungeons. You can find Chameleon there because I found a lot of them.
    Is this Explorers of Sky? My EoS guidebook has them there too, but I need to know if this only applies to Sky or all three PMD2 games.
    Last edited by SnorlaxMonster; 11th June 2012 at 02:33 AM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •