BULBAPEDIA: Suggestions, ideas, and problems - Page 125

Page 125 of 170 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 2536
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

  1. #1861
    Bulbapædist Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    158

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    I think it might be mainly because in PM, the Pokemon are given a lot more personality than in the other mangas (at least from what I've read), as such they are their own characters, more then just a Pokemon belonging to one

  2. #1862
    Sleep tight Isamu Akai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,215
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    If that were the case, Clefairy's article title would be "Clefairy (Pocket Monsters)", not "Isamu Akai's Clefairy".

    Besides, other manga Pokemon have gotten a lot of character development, and their articles still start as "____'s ____". Magical Pokemon Journey's Pokemon articles come to mind.


    Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

  3. #1863
    Execute with No Mercy! Mitsuru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    413
    Blog Entries
    119
    Follow Mitsuru On Twitter
    Follow Mitsuru on Tumblr Visit Mitsuru's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    I already posted over there, but I thought I should sound off over here too, since it's relevant.

    I think we should use the "tt" template to add rōmaji to instances of Japanese alongside translations/trademarked (Japanese) names. For something like the Snag Machine's page, it has "スナッチマシン Snatch Machine". I'm thinking of using the tt template to provide the rōmaji whenever someone mouses over the Japanese text, since a translation/English equivalent is already provided directly after (making it {{tt|スナッチマシン|Sunatchi Mashin}} ''Snatch Machine''). The rōmaji would be completely hidden until someone moves their mouse over the text, so it shouldn't be an invasive addition. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Mitsuru; 13th May 2012 at 01:33 AM.

  4. #1864
    A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,208
    Blog Entries
    3
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsuru View Post
    I already posted over there, but I thought I should sound off over here too, since it's relevant.

    I think we should use the "tt" template to add rōmaji to instances of Japanese alongside translations/trademarked (Japanese) names. For something like the Snag Machine's page, it has "スナッチマシン Snatch Machine". I'm thinking of using the tt template to provide the rōmaji whenever someone mouses over the Japanese text, since a translation/English equivalent is already provided directly after (making it {{tt|スナッチマシン|Sunatchi Mashin}} ''Snatch Machine''). The rōmaji would be completely hidden until someone moves their mouse over the text, so it shouldn't be an invasive addition. Thoughts?
    This has already been put into some pages, and personally, I hate it. I don't understand its purpose when we have the translation next to it, and the tt template is already used for giving the hiragana readings of kanji. Rōmaji looks ugly, especially in cases like "Sunatchi Mashin" where it is obviously "Snag Machine". A while ago I was planning to make a thread requesting we remove the existing ones.

  5. #1865
    Registered User The Outrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,171
    Blog Entries
    951

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    File:Black 2 White 2 N.png - Bulbagarden Archives

    Is it default to assume any official art is by Sugimori? N's new art looks more similar to Ohmura's art style.

    Also just realized that Brycen didn't get new art like Elesa did.

  6. #1866
    A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,208
    Blog Entries
    3
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    It is; in fact, it is a template default. I don't think it is a good idea though, since most BW character artwork was done by Ohmura anyway.

  7. #1867
    PUSA needs to do better uncutpokemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    79

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    Ok I hope this problem can be fixed, cause its been like this for over a month now. On Bulbapedia when I try going onto a page, it will load up, and then go completely white. I'm not able to view the pages unless I quickly press the stop button before it finishes loading. Is there a way I can fix this? I was hoping at first it was just a site error that would be fixed in a day or two, but this has been way too long. As for the technical info, I use Windows 7 with Mozilla Firefox 3.6.28 (most up to date)

  8. #1868
    Gangnam Style Taither's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    409

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    Not sure if this was ever brought up, but I would friggin' PAY for a Bulbapedia app for Android. I'm a member of the URPG and sometimes I like to get on AIM on my phone and battle. Sadly, it takes too long to load the full website multiple times. I would LOVE a fast, quick way to view Pokemons' stats and movesets without waiting forever. I think you guys would get a lot of backing for this idea. :) It would be just like a Pokedex on your phone.

  9. #1869
    Sphere Hunter Kogoro's Avatar Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Hiding in your shadow.
    Posts
    1,109
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taither View Post
    Not sure if this was ever brought up, but I would friggin' PAY for a Bulbapedia app for Android. I'm a member of the URPG and sometimes I like to get on AIM on my phone and battle. Sadly, it takes too long to load the full website multiple times. I would LOVE a fast, quick way to view Pokemons' stats and movesets without waiting forever. I think you guys would get a lot of backing for this idea. :) It would be just like a Pokedex on your phone.
    Nintendo of America does not want such apps to be created and have taken measures to take down any apps of a similar nature before. We will not be making one.

  10. #1870
    Gangnam Style Taither's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    409

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    Oh really? That's pretty dumb. Do they plan on making one, or did they just rage at the people who made them just to kill the idea?

  11. #1871
    Bulbapædist Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    158

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    There's an App for that

    Some further reading for you, if your interested

  12. #1872
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    4

    Visit Andy_san's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    How about making Bulbapedia multilingual? I could translate lots of pages into Swedish and help translating japanese stuff if that would be of interest :)

  13. #1873
    remember me jda95's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Castelia City
    Posts
    2,211
    Blog Entries
    24

    Follow jda95 on Tumblr

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_san View Post
    How about making Bulbapedia multilingual? I could translate lots of pages into Swedish and help translating japanese stuff if that would be of interest :)
    Bulbapedia is already affiliated with several international Pokemon wikis (German, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Polish, and Portugese).

  14. #1874
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    4

    Visit Andy_san's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    Quote Originally Posted by jda95 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_san View Post
    How about making Bulbapedia multilingual? I could translate lots of pages into Swedish and help translating japanese stuff if that would be of interest :)
    Bulbapedia is already affiliated with several international Pokemon wikis (German, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Polish, and Portugese).
    To create another wiki seems just to big of a hassle. So why not just add the function of selecting different languages on a specific page if it is available? Like on Wikipedia? What harm could it make?

  15. #1875
    Fish fingers and custard Werdnae's Avatar Former Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,177
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_san View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jda95 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_san View Post
    How about making Bulbapedia multilingual? I could translate lots of pages into Swedish and help translating japanese stuff if that would be of interest :)
    Bulbapedia is already affiliated with several international Pokemon wikis (German, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Polish, and Portugese).
    To create another wiki seems just to big of a hassle. So why not just add the function of selecting different languages on a specific page if it is available? Like on Wikipedia? What harm could it make?
    The different languages of wikipedia are different wikis. They aren't just automatic translations.
    Thanks Jo The Marten for the avatar.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
    Night will fall and drown the sun,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Friendship dies and true love lies,
    night will fall and the dark will rise,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Demons run, but count the cost.
    The battle's won, but the child is lost.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •