BULBAPEDIA: Suggestions, ideas, and problems - Page 123
Page 123 of 171 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 2553

Thread: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

British Invasion $aturn¥oshi's Avatar Social Media Coordinator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow $aturn¥oshi On Twitter Add $aturn¥oshi on Facebook Add $aturn¥oshi on Google+
    Follow $aturn¥oshi on Tumblr Visit $aturn¥oshi's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

As seen in the charts on this page: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Kanto_Route_4

Arbok can be encountered at level 10 on Route 4 in SoulSilver. It's not a glitch.

Post Thanks / Like

Since the BW2 Unova Pokédex is so different from the BW Unova Pokédex, it should definitely get an article separate from the BW Unova Pokédex. With that being said, what should we call it? The second Unova Pokédex?

It's what I do MisterE13's Avatar Archives JuniorBulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow MisterE13 On Twitter
    Visit MisterE13's Youtube Channel

We're going to wait to have more information on the subject before doing anything that drastic. Besides maybe the games will supply us with an official name ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Gym Leader trivia mentions "Only Poison-type doesn't have gyms in multiple regions", which has since changed with the addition of Homika. Could someone change that bit of trivia? I would, but the gym leader page is protected.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

This world is merciless Pokemaster97's Avatar Bulbanews WriterArchives StaffBulbapedia StaffModerator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Visit Pokemaster97's Youtube Channel

Thanks for catching that, I'll go fix it.

Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

For some reason some chainbreeding parents aren't showing up. For instance, the ferroseed page claims it can only inherit spikes from cacnea and cacturne, while it can also get it chained from Dwebble and Crustle. Dwebble has the same, not listing ferroseed or ferrothorn as chain-parents for spikes, only listing pineco and forretress.

Was this done on purpose or something? Because if it was, it's really unhelpful like this.

Fish fingers and custard Werdnae's Avatar Former Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    For some reason some chainbreeding parents aren't showing up. For instance, the ferroseed page claims it can only inherit spikes from cacnea and cacturne, while it can also get it chained from Dwebble and Crustle. Dwebble has the same, not listing ferroseed or ferrothorn as chain-parents for spikes, only listing pineco and forretress.

Was this done on purpose or something? Because if it was, it's really unhelpful like this.
    It was done on purpose, simply because any Pokemon in the ground egg group in particular would just about need a full screen just to show the possible fathers. To conserve space and prevent things from becoming bloated, we just show the shortest route.
    Thanks Jo The Marten for the avatar.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
    Night will fall and drown the sun,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Friendship dies and true love lies,
    night will fall and the dark will rise,
    Demons run, but count the cost.
    The battle's won, but the child is lost.

Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Werdnae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post

It was done on purpose, simply because any Pokemon in the ground egg group in particular would just about need a full screen just to show the possible fathers. To conserve space and prevent things from becoming bloated, we just show the shortest route.
    You know you're leaving out incredibly vital information that way, right? Looking at the Ferroseed page there's no way to conclude it can learn both Spikes and Stealth Rock at the same time. You'd have to go to the spikes page, the stealth rock page, the grass egg group page and the mineral egg group page, and then compare which pokémon are on both the spikes page, the stealth rock page and on one of the egg group pages, and check if potentially one mate has the ability to learn both (which might not always be the case). By that time I've already switched to serebii, because I don't have all day.

It might be better that if anything you make a seperate page for it, like Serebii does. Right now you basically just have an incomplete movedex.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I was really surprised not to see a 'Counterparts' article to highlight Pokemon counterparts, like Magmar/Electabuzz, Pinsir/Scyther, Ho-oh/Lugia and countless others. I think it would be a good addition to the wiki.

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Kookamooka View Post
    Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I was really surprised not to see a 'Counterparts' article to highlight Pokemon counterparts, like Magmar/Electabuzz, Pinsir/Scyther, Ho-oh/Lugia and countless others. I think it would be a good addition to the wiki.
    We have two drafts in the userspace, but the main reason that we don't currently have a mainspace article is because they are largely speculative. Some version-exclusives are obvious, but then you get really borderline ones like Kecleon/Bagon (Diamond/Pearl exclusives). Lugia and Ho-Oh already are listed as being part of the same legendary duo though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Happiness - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

This has been brought up in the article's talk page but nothing came of it, so I'll ask it here: Why is the article called happiness? Everything that measures it (past the haircut brothers) refers to friendship more than happiness. There's even references to trust (one directly saying it; another implying you need to gain their trust) with Happiness raters, which suggests the references to happiness and trust collapse on the broader concept of friendship. The Pokétch app measuring this value is also known as the Friendship Checker and not Happiness Checker. Dr. Footstep, another person who measures happiness by giving a commentary on the Pokemon's thoughts references the building of a relationship in his dialogue more than happiness. Then there's also the commentary in GSC about treating your Pokemon as friends rather than simple tools for battling, reflected by Silver and his Crobat. Taken together, all of these examples seem to show a confound between using the term happiness with the term friendship. While happiness is one component, I think what is being more accurately measured is friendship given the themes in the games and the dialogue of happiness raters.

Given that this mechanism was introduced in Yellow, which was to follow the Animé's progression, and one of those things adapted was the development of friendship between Ash and Pikachu (Pikachu seemed perfectly happy making Ash miserable in the first episode), I think the article would be better represented with the name Friendship.

Logically, it doesn't even make sense why Pokemon species would have a default value of being less happy, but it does make sense to have a value measuring how easily one can befriend a member of a species reflected by the different base happiness values.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 27th April 2012 at 09:12 AM.

Fish fingers and custard Werdnae's Avatar Former Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Since the App's called the Friendship Checker, Pokédex 3D say Woobat and Swadloon evolve with high Friendship and the Checker in BW checks how "Friendly" the player's Pokémon are, I've moved the page.

I would like to know though, was it actually called happiness in the earlier games?
    Thanks Jo The Marten for the avatar.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
    Night will fall and drown the sun,
    Friendship dies and true love lies,
    night will fall and the dark will rise,
    Demons run, but count the cost.
    The battle's won, but the child is lost.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm against the move, myself.

Frankly, the term "happiness" makes more sense to me. If I was a Pokemon being very well cared for by a trainer, I would be happy. If I was a Pokemon who was constantly allowed to faint and always being fed bitter tasting herbs, and otherwise being treated poorly, I would be unhappy.

Also, the majority of Pokemon fans refer to the rating as "happiness", and still do. Even when the shiny TCG cards were being called "Shining Pokemon" or "Star Pokemon", fans still used the term "shiny" until it officially became used in BW. Same with the term "eeveelution" before it too became official. Generally, I find that popular fan terms outweigh most other terms. Also, as stated before, "friendship" and "trust" has been used interchangeably. There doesn't seem to be a single official term yet, with the obvious exception of "Friendship Checker", but I still don't think that's enough.

I personally think it should be moved back.

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Official terms outrank fan terms. Always. We still mention major fandom terms though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes but, what I am trying to say, is there even truly an official term for "happiness/friendship/trust"?

When was the last time "friendship/trust" has been used before? Gen IV? If possible, I think it would be helpful if TPC or Nintendo of America could be contacted to see what the official term is, although that may be asking too much.