BULBAPEDIA: Suggestions, ideas, and problems - Page 120

Page 120 of 170 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 2537
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

If anyone's interested I trimmed Meloetta's art out of the new poster. The quality isn't perfect, but it's the best I could get from the poster. The end of her hair is also missing due to the Japanese text overlapping it, but I tried to make it fade out nicely.

I was thinking you guys might want to use this on Meloetta's page in place of that sprite until we get high quality official art.

Lick...Lick...Lick :P ShinyRiolu's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I just have a general question. What determines the image displayed for a Pokemon's page. For example, why is Kyurem (Pokémon) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia showing Black 2 art when the original B/W image is just fine?

Bulbapedia Administrator Force Fire's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyRiolu View Post
    I just have a general question. What determines the image displayed for a Pokemon's page. For example, why is Kyurem (Pokémon) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia showing Black 2 art when the original B/W image is just fine?
    The image changes over time. Right now, it is showing the artwork of White Kyurem.

Team Black

Team White

Lick...Lick...Lick :P ShinyRiolu's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Force Fire View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyRiolu View Post
    The image changes over time. Right now, it is showing the artwork of White Kyurem.
    Ah thank you very much.

#1 Magnemite fan MAGNEDETH's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Follow MAGNEDETH On Twitter

I dont agree with that. Kyurem is not the same as Black/White Kyurem and we have no information explaining such information.

I'm mean and green Jo The Marten's Avatar Bulbanews WriterSocial Media EditorArchives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Jo The Marten On Twitter
    Follow Jo The Marten on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by MAGNEDETH View Post
    I dont agree with that. Kyurem is not the same as Black/White Kyurem and we have no information explaining such information.
    Masuda called them both "Kyurem" so it seemed only fitting to put them on Kyurem's page.

I'm just a mean green mother from outer space!
    And I am bad!

[Bulbapedia][Tumblr][Art site][My sweetie ♥][Little Shop of Horrors club]

we still dont know much about it. players cannot currently access those Pokemon/formes so i dont think we should have them in the infobox.

on a related note, i was on Deoxys' page yesterday and we dont have any of the art of its alternate formes in a sort of gallery, and we should.

I'm mean and green Jo The Marten's Avatar Bulbanews WriterSocial Media EditorArchives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

I suppose so. Maybe have it switched so it won't show the form currently in the infobox? Or just show all four forms and not care what's currently in the infobox?

And I am bad!

Cool Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Hey there, hope this is the right page.

Can I suggest that we duplicate some of the the information about Unfeazant, Frillish & Jellicent from the Gender Differences page to the Pokémon Formes page as well?

The thing is, despite the pokémon having a obvious gender differences, these pokémon do actually have different colours and shapes, which is basically what an alternative form is, right?

Additionally could we give a brief mention to Hippopotas & Hippowdon as well as they were (iirc) the first pokémon to have a completely different coloured sprites based on gender.
    ( I admit this one is a bit topical, but its not just a tiny gender difference like with some pokémon, its a completely different colour forme for the pokémon, which is similar to Basculin's two colour schemes)

Cheers,

Relinq

Blog Entries

Well see, here's the thing. Form differences usually have different moves, types, stats, etc. What exactly is different about genders despite their appearance? Why should we duplicate when there's no changes?

And I am bad!

Blog Entries

Hi, so I've been getting a bit interested in some competitive battling stuff, but I'm a bit confused on which pokemon go in which tiers. Would it be possible for some editor(s) to add a small section on which pokemon fit in which tier?
    ex: Alakzam is considered to be an OU pokemon. (in a box under the game section)
    I would love to help this project. I would just need someone to send me a pm telling me how to..

H-Gold 2365-2755-3663
    Black 3825-7845-9059

tiers are designed by the fandom. they are not factual, so no, we will not be featuring them.

Fish fingers and custard Werdnae's Avatar Former Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

In addition to that, teirs are not universal. Smogon's tiers are commonly used, but they are by no means the only ones. Individual groups, sites and/or communities may well have their own definitions of which Pokemon fall in each tier. As such, having a tier list would not only be non-factual, it would be biased and considered incorrect by many.
    Thanks Jo The Marten for the avatar.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
    Night will fall and drown the sun,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Friendship dies and true love lies,
    night will fall and the dark will rise,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Demons run, but count the cost.
    The battle's won, but the child is lost.

Default Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea thread

on the page for "a tent situation" one of the errors listed is that delia calls tracey "miss tracey". but i just watched it and im 98% sure i heard her say "is there something you wanted to ask us tracey?" the part "ask us tracey" does sound almost identicle to "ask miss tracey". im not 100% but if you listen real close im pretty sure you can hear the us part.

I thought about doing this myself (and did a portion of it for a small RP site); what do you guys think about appending a list of moves a pokemon knows in the TCG/Anime or other media that they can't learn in the games to the bottom of moveset lists? As well as, actually making the "TCG Exclusive Moves" page somewhere closer to done?
    If you have the time, would you please fill out my survey? Be really nice if you'd pass it on to other pokemon fans and fansites, as well. It's important research for class; I'm a game design student at George Mason University.

Also, here's my pokemon-related Deviantart and my other Deviantart which are the best ways to keep up to date with this and other projects.