BULBAPEDIA: Suggestions, ideas, and problems - Page 119

Page 119 of 170 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 2539
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Quote Originally Posted by Chalkwriter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by grandragon19 View Post
    i would just like to metion that ash's gliscor is in training. its status is not unknown. i think it should be changed. and this information can be found in season 12 diamond and pearl: galactic battles episode 49 mastering current events. hope i did this right since it is my first post on here.
    If you read up on the information on Ash's Gliscor, it states that it was given to McCann for training, but Ash later requested that he could have it for an upcoming battle against Paul in the Lily of the Valley conference. It has not been seen since, so it is not known whether it has been sent back to McCann, or deposited in Oak's Laboratory.
    oh thank you for clearing this up for me. im watching this season for the first time now and have not reached that point yet. should have waited to post this until i knew for sure.

Hey People........ I saw in many bulba talkpages suggestions about welcomebots,,,,I hope it never happens.......................If you want to reply me reply her please..........User talk:Clinton Jai - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

I'm mean and green Jo The Marten's Avatar Bulbanews WriterSocial Media EditorArchives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Jo The Marten On Twitter
    Follow Jo The Marten on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Clinton Jai View Post
    Hey People........ I saw in many bulba talkpages suggestions about welcomebots,,,,I hope it never happens.......................If you want to reply me reply her please..........User talk:Clinton Jai - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia
    We prefer that people are welcomed by actual human beings, and not machines. It makes it seem more like a warm, friendly community.
    Clinton Jai likes this.

I'm just a mean green mother from outer space!
    And I am bad!

[Bulbapedia][Tumblr][Art site][My sweetie ♥][Little Shop of Horrors club]

Blog Entries
    Follow Noivern On Twitter

Hmm...

I have always wondered about the use of APNG in Bulbapedia pages (specifically Pokémon information pages).

I think if the wiki software can allow the addition of scripts in the beginning of the document, well...

https://github.com/davidmz/apng-canvas

Might want to take a look at this. It should enable APNGs in every single browser that at least supports the Canvas element. (That'd mean newer mobile and desktop WebKit-browsers and IE9+!)
    Hey, it's Noivern here. I like Noivern a lot. I like Katy Perry. I want a Hydreigon plushie. Also, I'm a total PC geek.
    Links

Surrender now or carry on Bikini Miltank's Avatar Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ♪Twiggy♪ View Post
    Hmm...

I have always wondered about the use of APNG in Bulbapedia pages (specifically Pokémon information pages).

I think if the wiki software can allow the addition of scripts in the beginning of the document, well...

https://github.com/davidmz/apng-canvas

Might want to take a look at this. It should enable APNGs in every single browser that at least supports the Canvas element. (That'd mean newer mobile and desktop WebKit-browsers and IE9+!)
    Not my area of expertise, but I think this should be looked into.

I'm not a fan of our APNG usage, mostly because so many browsers lack support. This would be an excellent workaround if it proves viable.

Blog Entries

Ash's Tranquill - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

There's a typo in the Personality & Characteristics section.

Tranquill is also shown to be quite confiendent, as shown in A Venipede Stampede!, where she took no hesitation in trying to clear Castelia City from the group of Venipede.

Fish fingers and custard Werdnae's Avatar Former Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    Ash's Tranquill - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

There's a typo in the Personality & Characteristics section.

Tranquill is also shown to be quite confiendent, as shown in A Venipede Stampede!, where she took no hesitation in trying to clear Castelia City from the group of Venipede.
    Fixed.
    Thanks Jo The Marten for the avatar.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
    Night will fall and drown the sun,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Friendship dies and true love lies,
    night will fall and the dark will rise,
    Demons run, but count the cost.
    The battle's won, but the child is lost.

Blog Entries

Hey I noticed that suddenly the advertisements on the pedia is more likely to be ugly spam than legitimate companies. I don't click on ads so it doesn't effect but it is bad for the site's reputation and it is a bit unsettling. Is it just me or did really happen can it change?

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaphlare View Post
    Hey I noticed that suddenly the advertisements on the pedia is more likely to be ugly spam than legitimate companies. I don't click on ads so it doesn't effect but it is bad for the site's reputation and it is a bit unsettling. Is it just me or did really happen can it change?
    If you come across an ad that you don't think should be there, you can report it in the Bad Ad Reporting Thread. Our ads still come from the same ad provider as far as I know, so I don't know why the types of ad would change.

I don't know if this has happened to anyone else(or whether or not staff is aware of this), but lately when browsing Bulbapedia, I get 503 Service Unavailable errors.
    You're never too old to play video games!!

The non-erasable chalk Chalkwriter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mbruno View Post
    I don't know if this has happened to anyone else(or whether or not staff is aware of this), but lately when browsing Bulbapedia, I get 503 Service Unavailable errors.
    Hate. 503. Errors. Seriously, there are so many on Bulbapedia nowadays, whenever I refresh a page with a 503 error, it normally still says a 503 error. I can even get 503 errors by clicking the back button, when the page was working fine before (although the cache is purged regularly, which is probably the reason).

Does this at all coincide with the fact that sometimes the forums take ages to load?
    Quote Originally Posted by Reviewer on book by P. J. O'Rourke
    May be the first book that would irritate both Salman Rushdie and the Ayatollah Khomeini

Fish fingers and custard Werdnae's Avatar Former Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

It probably does. A 503 error occurs when the server is unable to provide the page for your browser. They normally appear during times of high load. Give it a minute or two and then try again. If you get a second one on the same page, give it longer. Sitting there and constantly refreshing until it loads will only cause further server load, which will exacerbate the problem, and make it occur more frequently.

A metaphor to explain it for those that don't understand some of those terms. Imagine your job is to sit at a desk with a filing cabinet, and when someone asks you for a certain file, you find it, photocopy it and give them the copy. If a lot of people want files at once, a line forms. If the line gets very long, you might tell some of them that you're very busy at the moment and to come back a little later. That's the 503 error. If instead of coming back later they all decide to yell what they want at you, you can't hear what they want, and it starts to take longer for everyone. That's what happens if you just sit there refreshing the page until it loads.
    Adyniz likes this.
    Thanks Jo The Marten for the avatar.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
    Night will fall and drown the sun,
    Friendship dies and true love lies,
    night will fall and the dark will rise,
    Demons run, but count the cost.
    The battle's won, but the child is lost.

I noticed that it refers to Anorith as being similar to a mantis shrimp, but I'm pretty sure its actually based off of the Anomalocaris of the Burgess Shale (Anomalocaris - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). This bugged me, so I figured I'd see if I could get it changed.

Bulbapedia Administrator Force Fire's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Monger Mk II View Post
    I noticed that it refers to Anorith as being similar to a mantis shrimp, but I'm pretty sure its actually based off of the Anomalocaris of the Burgess Shale (Anomalocaris - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). This bugged me, so I figured I'd see if I could get it changed.
    It does says that...

Team Black

Team White

Quote Originally Posted by Force Fire View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Monger Mk II View Post
    It does says that...
    It didn't used to, so I'm pleased to see that it now does. Cool!