BULBAPEDIA: Suggestions, ideas, and problems - Page 117

Page 117 of 170 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 2536
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

  1. #1741
    Fish fingers and custard Werdnae's Avatar Former Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,177
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    Quote Originally Posted by rafaelluik View Post
    Where my post has gone? I think some part of it really shouldn't be here, I thought about it now and posted in the articles' discussion pages... But part of it belonged here! I mean, OK you can delete posts, but why haven't I received any notification? And now I don't remember one of the things I pointed in my original post. :/

    Let me ask you about the part which belong here again:
    Japanese Pokédex entries. They were available before on hovering the English entries of some new Pokémon when BW was launching and now they aren't available anymore. Is it because the localization is identical to the original one? If no, why not making them available (translated).
    In respect to the first part, I don't believe you get a notification of your post is deleted. That said, I can see deleted posts in this thread. I checked all the way back to september and not a single post by you has been deleted in that time. It hasn't been deleted, it simply didn't make it from your computer to the forums. Nothing we can do about that on our end.
    Thanks Jo The Marten for the avatar.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
    Night will fall and drown the sun,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Friendship dies and true love lies,
    night will fall and the dark will rise,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Demons run, but count the cost.
    The battle's won, but the child is lost.

  2. #1742
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    Hi everyone. I'm new to the Bulbagarden forums, so I hope I'm posting this in an appropriate place. I saw the List of Alternatively Colored Pokemon Page and while watching an episode, I noticed one that had not been spotted or perhaps was just chosen to not be included.

    In Episode 56 - The Ultimate Test, a Green Weedle is having it's picture taken by Todd Snap at 3:55. Here's a pic:




    It may not be worth mentioning or including, but just in case, I thought it would be fun to share. :)

  3. #1743
    A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,208
    Blog Entries
    3
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Magnum View Post
    Hi everyone. I'm new to the Bulbagarden forums, so I hope I'm posting this in an appropriate place. I saw the List of Alternatively Colored Pokemon Page and while watching an episode, I noticed one that had not been spotted or perhaps was just chosen to not be included.

    In Episode 56 - The Ultimate Test, a Green Weedle is having it's picture taken by Todd Snap at 3:55. Here's a pic:




    It may not be worth mentioning or including, but just in case, I thought it would be fun to share. :)
    I don't know whether we should include it. On EP056's page, we call it a coloring error.

  4. #1744
    Fiery Dancer Laterna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cards
    Posts
    176
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxMonster View Post
    I don't know whether we should include it. On EP056's page, we call it a coloring error.
    I agree with Magic Magnum on this and would like to offer this reasoning: why would Todd snap a shot of a regular Weedle? I reckon it must be a shiny given how, in the scene, he's taking lots of photos of it. Call it a cameo.

    //mahLOVE//mahLIFE//
    //mahART//
    Volcarona avatar made by myself

  5. #1745
    I eat eggs in users' sigs rafaelluik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro
    Posts
    223

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    The colorization of the Weedle may be on purpose, as it's receiving some focus in the scene, but what if the illustrator confused it with Caterpie?

    Quote Originally Posted by Werdnae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rafaelluik View Post
    Where my post has gone? I think some part of it really shouldn't be here, I thought about it now and posted in the articles' discussion pages... But part of it belonged here! I mean, OK you can delete posts, but why haven't I received any notification? And now I don't remember one of the things I pointed in my original post. :/

    Let me ask you about the part which belong here again:
    Japanese Pokédex entries. They were available before on hovering the English entries of some new Pokémon when BW was launching and now they aren't available anymore. Is it because the localization is identical to the original one? If no, why not making them available (translated).
    In respect to the first part, I don't believe you get a notification of your post is deleted. That said, I can see deleted posts in this thread. I checked all the way back to september and not a single post by you has been deleted in that time. It hasn't been deleted, it simply didn't make it from your computer to the forums. Nothing we can do about that on our end.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by rafaelluik; 12th January 2012 at 02:12 AM.
    Laterna likes this.
    Browsing with Opera browser elegance and mastery.

  6. #1746
    Bulbapædist Crystal_Talian's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    It's a secret.
    Posts
    104
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    On the page for alternately colored Pokemon, we list a Marill, Breloom, and Shroomish from "Weekend Warrior." It's likely those are coloring errors as well, but they are mentioned all the same. If we mention those, I think we should mention the green Weedle as well.

  7. #1747
    ★ Pokémon Proffesor ☆
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤
    Posts
    447
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    Can we work on getting DM sprites on the Pokemon stubs?

  8. #1748
    A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,208
    Blog Entries
    3
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal_Talian View Post
    On the page for alternately colored Pokemon, we list a Marill, Breloom, and Shroomish from "Weekend Warrior." It's likely those are coloring errors as well, but they are mentioned all the same. If we mention those, I think we should mention the green Weedle as well.
    I guess putting it on there would be fine then. I think the artist mistook it for a Caterpie, and Todd is just taking a photo of it, but there's no harm in putting it on the page.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mumzy View Post
    Can we work on getting DM sprites on the Pokemon stubs?
    What do you mean by "DM sprites"? Also, none of the Pokémon articles are stubs.

  9. #1749
    ★ Pokémon Proffesor ☆
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤
    Posts
    447
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxMonster View Post
    I guess putting it on there would be fine then. I think the artist mistook it for a Caterpie, and Todd is just taking a photo of it, but there's no harm in putting it on the page.



    What do you mean by "DM sprites"? Also, none of the Pokémon articles are stubs.
    Sorry I meant article, It was late. I also meant MD (Mystery Dungeon).

    Anyways, I've got quite a few sprite images from MD. I think it would be nice to have one, according to their species, in the Pokemon article. We already have the portraits from the game, why not the character sprites? Even before I joined I really wanted to see that on Bulbapedia.

  10. #1750
    A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,208
    Blog Entries
    3
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Mumzy View Post
    Sorry I meant article, It was late. I also meant MD (Mystery Dungeon).

    Anyways, I've got quite a few sprite images from MD. I think it would be nice to have one, according to their species, in the Pokemon article. We already have the portraits from the game, why not the character sprites? Even before I joined I really wanted to see that on Bulbapedia.
    If you can upload the rest of the PMD sprites, we can put them in articles. But we need all of the before we start using them.
    Mumzy likes this.

  11. #1751
    Hell's Demon Fox Truthseeker4449's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    The New Planetary Pit Stop
    Posts
    164
    Blog Entries
    1

    Visit Truthseeker4449's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    Can an edit warring warning template be made?

  12. #1752
    Registered User Pokegeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    6

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    We can have a "Who's online" section above the recent changes like Super mario have.

  13. #1753
    The non-erasable chalk Chalkwriter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Bulbapedia
    Posts
    45
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Truthseeker
    Can an edit warring warning template be made?
    That would probably be a good idea, although it is already stated in the welcome template.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poke.geek
    We can have a "Who's online" section above the recent changes like Super mario have.
    Mind me asking why, considering that there are probably over a million users?
    Quote Originally Posted by Reviewer on book by P. J. O'Rourke
    May be the first book that would irritate both Salman Rushdie and the Ayatollah Khomeini

  14. #1754
    Canadian Sweetheart Pokemaster97's Avatar Bulbanews WriterArchives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    566
    Blog Entries
    2

    Visit Pokemaster97's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    Mind me asking why, considering that there are probably over a million users?
    I could be useful for contact reasons. You can easily tell who's online if you need to contact an admin or likewise.

  15. #1755
    A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,208
    Blog Entries
    3
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Poke.geek View Post
    We can have a "Who's online" section above the recent changes like Super mario have.
    We've considered it before, but it would be very server intensive, and we don't really want to put our server under that much pressure.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chalkwriter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Truthseeker4449 View Post
    Can an edit warring warning template be made?
    That would probably be a good idea, although it is already stated in the welcome template.
    No, he means a warning template; so what we put on the users' talk pages when edit warring. I don't think we really need one, as generally an admin will be the one giving the warning, and it usually should be tailored for the situation, not a general template. Edit warring is much worse than something like userspace abuse or lack of previewing, so users wouldn't get as many warnings to tell them to stop.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •