BULBAPEDIA: Suggestions, ideas, and problems - Page 115
Page 115 of 177 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 2653

Thread: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Quote Originally Posted by Werdnae View Post
    What addons do you have for Firefox? Is there some kind of moderation software on your internet connection? It looks like there's something blocking images. I'm seeing images fine, so I suspect it's on your end somewhere.
    I can see images on Archives, but I can't see them in Bulbapedia. What could be problem?

EDIT: Also, I can see them via proxy.
    Last edited by martianmister; 18th December 2011 at 05:51 PM.
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

For Johto Route 34, (Johto Route 34 - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia) there is no Spinarak, Ledyba or Exeggcute under Pokemon you can encounter while headbutting. (in Pokemon Crystal)
    Last edited by shelbyevelyn; 19th December 2011 at 09:17 PM.

Is there any point to Template:CharInfoboxUser? It seems completely identical to its counterpart, and more users use the latter template anyway.

At the very least, an option should be added to Template:CharInfoboxUser to allow outside images, such as from Photobucket. But you could probably apply the same to the other one, and phase out the former.

Big claimin'
    Cresselia (Pokémon)
    Colette Brunel [Tales of Symphonia] and Yuri Lowell [Tales of Vesperia] (Video game characters)

#1 Magnemite fan MAGNEDETH's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Follow MAGNEDETH On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by shelbyevelyn View Post
    For Johto Route 34, (Johto Route 34 - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia) there is no Spinarak under Pokemon for Generation 2. I'm playing Crystal and just ran into a Spinarak. Just a tiiinyy thing but yup lol
    the Gen II headbutt numbers have been wrong from time to time. they were input a long time ago (i think) and theres been problems with them here and there. its been on the backburner to check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by MAGNEDETH View Post
    the Gen II headbutt numbers have been wrong from time to time. they were input a long time ago (i think) and theres been problems with them here and there. its been on the backburner to check them out.
    I love how huge our stove must be

Also for Olivine City, they forgot to include the Pokemon you can encounter while rock smashing at the western coast. Which so far I think is only Krabby

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Chosen of Mana View Post
    Is there any point to Template:CharInfoboxUser? It seems completely identical to its counterpart, and more users use the latter template anyway.

At the very least, an option should be added to Template:CharInfoboxUser to allow outside images, such as from Photobucket. But you could probably apply the same to the other one, and phase out the former.
    Looking at the history, it was made to prevent redlinks to fake badges. However, since badges now link to a section rather than an article, that shouldn't be an issue. I guess it would be a good idea to add an outside image option to it. I would rather not delete it, because I don't like modifying mainspace templates for use in the userspace.

Bulbapædist Crystal_Talian's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Just a thought, but I think it would be handy to have a navigation bar for the Move pages, like we have on the Pokemon pages. It's kind of a pain to have to either go back to a list of moves or search for a specific move when you're just browsing through.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal_Talian View Post
    Just a thought, but I think it would be handy to have a navigation bar for the Move pages, like we have on the Pokemon pages. It's kind of a pain to have to either go back to a list of moves or search for a specific move when you're just browsing through.
    Well, Pokémon have a National Pokédex number, which gives them a clear order. Moves... they have their internal index number, but browsing back and forward using that isn't that useful.

Blog Entries

Not so much useful, as convenient. I understand that the moves, even by index number, have a seemingly random order. It just seems like, if you're someone like me who occasionally just goes through stuff for research purposes, it would be easier to have one page open rather than two or to continuously have to hit the back button to get to a list. It might also be useful if we ever had to go through all the moves to change something in future generations or for other editing purposes. Specifically, I was wishing we had it when I was updating the "damage-dealing moves" list, since that list was also ordered by index number.

However, I do understand that it is a very minor thing and may not be all that useful to the average user. I thought I would go ahead and throw it out there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal_Talian View Post
    Not so much useful, as convenient. I understand that the moves, even by index number, have a seemingly random order. It just seems like, if you're someone like me who occasionally just goes through stuff for research purposes, it would be easier to have one page open rather than two or to continuously have to hit the back button to get to a list. It might also be useful if we ever had to go through all the moves to change something in future generations or for other editing purposes. Specifically, I was wishing we had it when I was updating the "damage-dealing moves" list, since that list was also ordered by index number.

However, I do understand that it is a very minor thing and may not be all that useful to the average user. I thought I would go ahead and throw it out there.
    I see why you would like it, but it isn't really something we attempt to do. I find it much easier to just open List of moves in one tab, then open new tabs and close them when done. In fact, it's probably more efficient too, as it prevents having a huge history on one tab that eventually causes lag (I had this issue with a webcomic once). In fact, I even have a project that I started a while ago that involved going through every move page (yeah... I need to get back around to finishing that), and I have always found the tab method to be easier than the back/forward method. Then again, it is really a personal preference thing.

Back on topic, creating navigations between pages for editors isn't really our focus - our main focus is to make it better for the readers.

For some reason, my problem is suddenly solved...
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Blog Entries

i don't know if this is the right place to ask, but is there an anime character game thread (like not pokemon)

Fish fingers and custard Werdnae's Avatar Former Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Thanks Jo The Marten for the avatar.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
    Night will fall and drown the sun,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Friendship dies and true love lies,
    night will fall and the dark will rise,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Demons run, but count the cost.
    The battle's won, but the child is lost.

Blog Entries

Would there be any way to include the items that Trainers hold when listing their party? Like if a Trainer has a Potion or a Full Restore or something? I saw something somewhere that indicated this might be "under construction" as it were, but I wasn't sure. This would be something very useful.