BULBAPEDIA: Suggestions, ideas, and problems - Page 107

Page 107 of 170 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 2536
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Quote Originally Posted by LDEJRuff View Post
    I automatically get logged out of Bulbapedia after I exit Internet Explorer, even though I checked the "stay logged on" checkbox. Can someone fix this, please?
    Quote Originally Posted by evkl View Post
    @LDEJRuff Sounds like your browser is set to clear cookies on exit. Look for a setting that tells it to keep its cookies.
    I get this too, but on Chrome. And refreshing the page seems to log me back in for Bulbapedia (although I manually need to do it for Bulbanews; when I try to log into the Archives, it acts as if it were successful but I'm not logged in anymore as soon as I leave the login successful page, although this is presumably due to the database lock). It doesn't affect other websites or even the forums, and I never had these kind of issues before the server maintenance, so I doubt it is my browser.

φιλομαθής Zhen Lin's Avatar Vice-Webmaster

@SnorlaxMonster: Try clearing your Bulbagarden-related cookies. Stale cookies from the old system don't work in the new system.
    Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.

Free as in "break free". Dr Phil's Avatar

I tried again today and everything worked fine, thanks! :D

Fish fingers and custard Werdnae's Avatar Former Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evkl View Post
    @LDEJRuff Sounds like your browser is set to clear cookies on exit. Look for a setting that tells it to keep its cookies.
    I'm getting the same problem, but it's not happening for any other websites, including the forums, so I'm fairly certain it's not my browser. (Also, it wasn't a problem before and I haven't changed any settings) Could it be that some of the bulbapedia cookies are set to expire at the end of the session? I never checked what they were before, so I don't know if that's changed.
    Thanks Jo The Marten for the avatar.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
    Night will fall and drown the sun,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Friendship dies and true love lies,
    night will fall and the dark will rise,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Demons run, but count the cost.
    The battle's won, but the child is lost.

Blog Entries
    Follow Noivern On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Zhen Lin View Post
    @SnorlaxMonster: Try clearing your Bulbagarden-related cookies. Stale cookies from the old system don't work in the new system.
    I cleared all cookies. Bulbapedia/Archives still doesn't remember me. Something's off...
    Hey, it's Noivern here. I like Noivern a lot. I like Katy Perry. I want a Hydreigon plushie. Also, I'm a total PC geek.
    Links

φιλομαθής Zhen Lin's Avatar Vice-Webmaster

Compare the behaviour with Wikipedia. If Wikipedia is also forgetting you after a few hours, then there's nothing we can do, since we're using the same software.
    Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.

Blog Entries
    Follow Noivern On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Zhen Lin View Post
    Compare the behaviour with Wikipedia. If Wikipedia is also forgetting you after a few hours, then there's nothing we can do, since we're using the same software.
    Wikipedia seems to be remembering me.
    Hey, it's Noivern here. I like Noivern a lot. I like Katy Perry. I want a Hydreigon plushie. Also, I'm a total PC geek.
    Links

Blog Entries

I have a question about the sprites and DW art of the toxic orb and life orb

Life Orb
    Sprites | DW Art

Toxic Orb
    Sprite | DW Art

As far as I can tell, one of these are switched, or has the Dream World switched them around accidentally?

消え人
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Psystrike View Post
    I have a question about the sprites and DW art of the toxic orb and life orb

Life Orb
    Sprites | DW Art

Toxic Orb
    Sprite | DW Art

As far as I can tell, one of these are switched, or has the Dream World switched them around accidentally?
    I must've swapped them accidentally when uploading. On the Dream World site, the one with two rings is the Life Orb, and the one with three dark spots is the Toxic Orb.

Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

*hand raise*

Would it be possible to make additions to the trainer list template(s) (or revamped them entirely to make it look more sooth than just tacking on additional information at the end)? Importantly are locations. Adding them was "fun," but it's probably best done with its own proper cell column instead of on whichever bit is convenient (name if ordinary trainer, class if said character has an article [ie Kiyo]). Since all routes are now forever region named, using the regional link codes (ka, jo, si) to go from "si=213" to get "[[Sinnoh Route 213|Route 213]]" can't be impossible, parameter-wise.

A second addition would be, hopefully, to the header. We should be notating in those articles how much money a trainer gets per opponent's level, and I figure an additional parameter "|d=" or something to get "Winnings (32)" would be helpful, instead of making some separate table (or a separate table [edit: or whole article? since no money-per-level is static from game-to-game (not even generations)], too; just as long as the money-per is also somewhere on the trainer table as well).

Please? *doe eyes*
    Last edited by Luna Tiger; 5th September 2011 at 08:20 AM.
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

I don't know if it should go here but when the heck is the Archives back up?
    WELCOME TO KALOS!

GET READY TO START A BRAND NEW ADVENTURE IN THE POKÉMON WORLD!

Can I get an encore? evkl's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

As soon as we can get it stable to be reliably forward-facing. We've been working to make sure it all goes well when we re-open it, since the reconfiguration changed some things with respect to the Archives.
    "And we're not gods, we're just hacks."

blog | twitter | Bulbagraphic

#1 Magnemite fan MAGNEDETH's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Follow MAGNEDETH On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Luna Estiu View Post
    *hand raise*

Would it be possible to make additions to the trainer list template(s) (or revamped them entirely to make it look more sooth than just tacking on additional information at the end)? Importantly are locations. Adding them was "fun," but it's probably best done with its own proper cell column instead of on whichever bit is convenient (name if ordinary trainer, class if said character has an article [ie Kiyo]). Since all routes are now forever region named, using the regional link codes (ka, jo, si) to go from "si=213" to get "[[Sinnoh Route 213|Route 213]]" can't be impossible, parameter-wise.

A second addition would be, hopefully, to the header. We should be notating in those articles how much money a trainer gets per opponent's level, and I figure an additional parameter "|d=" or something to get "Winnings (32)" would be helpful, instead of making some separate table (or a separate table [edit: or whole article? since no money-per-level is static from game-to-game (not even generations)], too; just as long as the money-per is also somewhere on the trainer table as well).

Please? *doe eyes*
    i wasnt around when these templates were first instituted, but why in the all knowing hell did we not put in the trainer locations? it seems awfully pointless to list their name, and team, and not have where they are located. yes, i know that if you click on their name it sends you to where they are, but thats just pointless. theres plenty of room in the templates to list the actual location (besides, hovering over a name just for their location is silly).

Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by MAGNEDETH View Post
    i wasnt around when these templates were first instituted, but why in the all knowing hell did we not put in the trainer locations? it seems awfully pointless to list their name, and team, and not have where they are located. yes, i know that if you click on their name it sends you to where they are, but thats just pointless. theres plenty of room in the templates to list the actual location (besides, hovering over a name just for their location is silly).
    Hindsight is 20/20. List what's important and who's gonna go looking for a location if in theory you don't already know which trainer you're looking up?

All locations are currently manually inserted into the templates over the names. It wasn't always like that.
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

Registered User Archives Junior

What about a record of a trainer winning or losing a battle?

Something like this:
    For the trainer Ash

| Result | Opponent | Episode |
    | Draw | Morrison | Less is Morrison. |
    | Lose | Tobias | The Semi-Final Frontier! |
    | Win | Barry | Barry's Busting Out All-Over |