BULBAPEDIA: Suggestions, ideas, and problems - Page 106

Page 106 of 170 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 2537
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Blog Entries

Default Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

So I brought this up before but nothing came out of it:

The stat up pages all say the stats cap at 999. I know in Gen I it capped, and Gen II, it was possible for it to role over. In Gen III+, I heard this cap no longer exists.

Anyway, there are inconsistency between pages. Swords Dance suggests its only in Gen I, but doesn't really say anything else about future generations, compared to Barrier and Agility which makes the claim it will fail if it reached 999. Similarly, new moves don't make any mention of stat limits, and Nasty Plot only makes mention of a +6 limit. I realize there may be incomplete pages, but the issue is inconsistency with the 999 stat limit and a possible error. I'm not really sure on what it is, but I have heard the cap was lifted in Gen III.

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Psystrike View Post
    So I brought this up before but nothing came out of it:

The stat up pages all say the stats cap at 999. I know in Gen I it capped, and Gen II, it was possible for it to role over. In Gen III+, I heard this cap no longer exists.

Anyway, there are inconsistency between pages. Swords Dance suggests its only in Gen I, but doesn't really say anything else about future generations, compared to Barrier and Agility which makes the claim it will fail if it reached 999. Similarly, new moves don't make any mention of stat limits, and Nasty Plot only makes mention of a +6 limit. I realize there may be incomplete pages, but the issue is inconsistency with the 999 stat limit and a possible error. I'm not really sure on what it is, but I have heard the cap was lifted in Gen III.
    Well, you can't get your stats higher than 1024 in Generation II at least, it caused a glitch with Marowak

Blog Entries

Pickup (ability) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

I think something should be done about the Pick Up tables. The boundaries aren't very well defined and you can't really tell which items are meant to be 30%, 10% etc.

Blog Entries
    Follow AlexTheRose On Twitter
    Visit AlexTheRose's Youtube Channel

Lightbulb Re: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Hey, I have a suggestion for roundy and -moz-border-radius usage. Instead of the inner cells' corners' roundy/-moz being the same as the outer, I've noticed in my studies that if you make the inner roundy/-moz exactly 3/4 the size of the outer roundy/-moz, it'll look really nice and pretty in tables. What do you think? You can try it out for yourself and see, and I'm wanting to use this in tables at the 'pedia. A good example would be 1em outer, and 0.75em inner.
    —AlexTheRose

The PokéSphere Forums!

Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

*hand raise* Two shortlinks for Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, y/y?

One making it appear "Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team" and the other for "Blue Rescue Team".

And if we have those already, can they please be put on the shortlink page?
    SnorlaxMonster likes this.
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

I think that bulbagawiki forums and bulbapedia accounts should be connected.

Fish fingers and custard Werdnae's Avatar Former Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aristides View Post
    I think that bulbagawiki forums and bulbapedia accounts should be connected.
    It would be nice, but it's not actually possible with the software. The forums are vBulletin, while the bulbawikis are Mediawiki. They're too different, and even if there were an addon to do it, it would break every time either one were updated. Not to mention there'd be a slight issue with name changing - forum users can change their names, bulbawiki users can't.
    Thanks Jo The Marten for the avatar.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
    Night will fall and drown the sun,
    when a good man goes to war.
    Friendship dies and true love lies,
    night will fall and the dark will rise,
    Demons run, but count the cost.
    The battle's won, but the child is lost.

Registered User vuvuzela2010's Avatar Archives Junior

On the Ash's Companions page, there is a list of episodes they appear in, but for some reason, this isnt on any character or Pokemon pages.

And on Misty's page, there is the extremely misleading claim that she makes no appearances at all in the DP series, despite the fact that she appears in the High Touch! opening.

And before April, Tracey's Venonat made no mention of Bulbasaur, The Ambassador being its last appearance.

So I think this should be added to main characters and Pokemon pages. I've posted the coding for a possible template below, so anyone who wants to preview it on Bulpabedia can (since it's still possible, even though the wiki is closed for editing). I've used Misty, Todd Snap, Ash's Pikachu, Misty's Staryu, and Iris's Kibago as examples.

Let me know if you think there could be any improvements, or if anything is missing.

If anyone is interested, they were found using Special:WhatLinksHere.

EDIT: Oh, and the episodes are listed in the same order as this page.

Last edited by vuvuzela2010; 21st August 2011 at 12:54 PM.

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by vuvuzela2010 View Post
    On the Ash's Companions page, there is a list of episodes they appear in, but for some reason, this isnt on any character or Pokemon pages.

And on Misty's page, there is the extremely misleading claim that she makes no appearances at all in the DP series, despite the fact that she appears in the High Touch! opening.

And before April, Tracey's Venonat made no mention of Bulbasaur, The Ambassador being its last appearance.

So I think this should be added to main characters and Pokemon pages. I've posted the coding for a possible template below, so anyone who wants to preview it on Bulpabedia can (since it's still possible, even though the wiki is closed for editing). I've used Misty, Todd Snap, Ash's Pikachu, Misty's Staryu, and Iris's Kibago as examples.

Let me know if you think there could be any improvements, or if anything is missing.

If anyone is interested, they were found using Special:WhatLinksHere.

EDIT: Oh, and the episodes are listed in the same order as this page.

We actually used to have character appearances on articles but removed them. I have no idea where the reasoning is, but they were there in the past.

Registered User vuvuzela2010's Avatar Archives Junior

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxMonster View Post
    We actually used to have character appearances on articles but removed them. I have no idea where the reasoning is, but they were there in the past.
    Any idea who removed them? If they are still active on the pedia, they will probably need to OK this first before adding them.

Fish fingers and custard Werdnae's Avatar Former Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vuvuzela2010 View Post
    Any idea who removed them? If they are still active on the pedia, they will probably need to OK this first before adding them.
    Look at that link that SM posted. They were removed by one "Kenji-girl", so you'll probably need to be pretty convincing to add them back in.
    Thanks Jo The Marten for the avatar.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
    Night will fall and drown the sun,
    Friendship dies and true love lies,
    night will fall and the dark will rise,
    Demons run, but count the cost.
    The battle's won, but the child is lost.

I automatically get logged out of Bulbapedia after I exit Internet Explorer, even though I checked the "stay logged on" checkbox. Can someone fix this, please?
    Hooray for the Fairy-type!

Free as in "break free". Dr Phil's Avatar

I can't register at the wiki, I get "Internal Error" and the text "Set $wgShowExceptionDetails = true; at the bottom of LocalSettings.php to show detailed debugging information.".
    I don't get an account and I don't receive an email. All entered data is valid, no weird characters or short passwords.

EDIT: BTW, when I've had Internal Errors on my MediaWiki it has often been because of faulty database settings or broken tables.
    Last edited by Dr Phil; 28th August 2011 at 08:50 AM.

Can I get an encore? evkl's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

@Dr Phil The setting may have been changed as a result of the server optimization we ran over the past week or so, we'll look into it.

@LDEJRuff Sounds like your browser is set to clear cookies on exit. Look for a setting that tells it to keep its cookies.
    "And we're not gods, we're just hacks."

blog | twitter | Bulbagraphic

φιλομαθής Zhen Lin's Avatar Vice-Webmaster

@Dr Phil: The account creation problem should now be resolved.
    Last edited by Kogoro; 29th August 2011 at 02:17 AM.
    Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.