Route 1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Route 1

Post Thanks / Like

Default Route 1

I asked this on Bulbapedia, but the admins responsible haven't responded (even though I know that they're online), so I'll ask here instead. Why shouldn't Route 1 be moved to Route 1 (Kanto), to distinguish it from Isshu's Route 1?

Pokémon White

#1 Magnemite fan MAGNEDETH's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Post Thanks / Like
    Follow MAGNEDETH On Twitter

Default Re: Route 1

it will be.......but not yet. we know absolutely nothing about Isshu Route 1.
    the article would have absolutely no information other than "yup, its gonna be in the game".
    also, how long did you wait inbetween spamming admin talk pages and posting this message?
    holy crap dude, patience.

追放されたバカ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We're planning something, give us a damn chance, dude. We don't wanna go in and start moving things around, changing links, making disambiguation pages, and so on without knowing what the hell we're all doing. Easiest thing to do right now is protect, because in all honesty, otherwise we'd be flooded with "u can get 2 route 1 in ishu becuz ishu is kanto :D"

Expedient Exaggerator Darkeiya's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Darkeiya On Twitter
    Follow Darkeiya on Tumblr

While I'm here, I'd like to add that there is really no reason to be flooding everyone's talk page and griping about how things are better on Wikipedia because your edits were reverted.

As it's been stated multiple times, we will deal with the Route articles when we actually find out something about the routes. Please, be patient.

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'd think that we'd be doing the opposite thing - for Isshu's Route 1, make a thing saying "Route 1 (Isshu)" as a placeholder.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

Bulbapedia Editorial Board Zesty Cactus's Avatar Bulbapedia Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zekurom View Post
    I'd think that we'd be doing the opposite thing - for Isshu's Route 1, make a thing saying "Route 1 (Isshu)" as a placeholder.
    I believe the idea is that "Route 1" takes you to a disambig for "Route 1 (Kanto)" and "Route 1 (Isshu)", but right now everythign is being left alone because we don't have any information to put in "Route 1 (Isshu)" other than "it's in the game". No point in making a "placeholder" page.

Moderator Maverick Nate's Avatar Bulbanews Senior WriterBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Post Thanks / Like

Also, the idea floating around is having them called "Isshu Route 1" and "Kanto Route 1" to match the Safari Zones, and what would happen in real life.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick Nate View Post
    Also, the idea floating around is having them called "Isshu Route 1" and "Kanto Route 1" to match the Safari Zones, and what would happen in real life.
    Sure thing.

But after the English names come out, if it's not actually called "Route", then we should adjust them accordingly. Agree?

Because in my own Yuunai and Kyuuda regions based off of North America, I call them "Highway 1", "Highway 2", etc. It is a possibility that they might do the same thing.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

British Invasion $aturn¥oshi's Avatar Social Media Coordinator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow $aturn¥oshi On Twitter Add $aturn¥oshi on Facebook Add $aturn¥oshi on Google+
    Follow $aturn¥oshi on Tumblr Visit $aturn¥oshi's Youtube Channel

We still don't know what the new region is based on. The routes will most likely still be called routes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The game could go to or begin in Kanto... we don't know until September 18.

追放されたバカ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sure thing.

But after the English names come out, if it's not actually called "Route", then we should adjust them accordingly. Agree?

Because in my own Yuunai and Kyuuda regions based off of North America, I call them "Highway 1", "Highway 2", etc. It is a possibility that they might do the same thing.
    The route we got was referenced by Bel to be 1ばんどうろ. same name as Route 1 in Japanese.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TTEchidna View Post
    The route we got was referenced by Bel to be 1ばんどうろ. same name as Route 1 in Japanese.
    I know that. But NoA is notorious for changing things, is it not? (Or maybe that's just PUSA and 4Kids. I might have it down wrong.)

Anyway, I'm not saying change it now. I'm saying that if they decide to use a different name for the routes, the names should be updated/instated accordingly.

追放されたバカ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

NoA is notorious for changing things because Europe screwed us out of a Game Corner.

NoA and TPCi don't change things half as much as 4Kids did.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TTEchidna View Post
    NoA and TPCi don't change things half as much as 4Kids did.
    Do they say rice balls now?

Post Thanks / Like

Do they say rice balls now?
    That's what I've heard, but I can't be sure because I haven't watched very many of the DP episodes.

Pokémon White

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast